Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

kidmoon

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

Ok, you're calling me a kid and an idiot and you don't even know me. Granted, I said you were being an asshole; but this was because I thought you were taking a shot at me for God knows what reason. You said you were making a joke--that's fine. I didn't pick up your humor. I still have no idea what joke you were making and how it was related to the post I made--and I frequently use dry and subtle humor. But, hey, if you want to keep the mentality of "You didn't get my joke, you're a moron", then go right ahead.

We're cool.

It was getting tedious anyway.

Where abouts you from?

I'm from the future, eh Lusty?

The verbal arguing on this board is crazy, but that's not the question of this thread is it?

My all time hands down favorite will always be Stairway To Heaven. It makes me very emotional every time I hear it. It is sheer sublime perfection. (the studio version)

I'll take it that every one except Immigrant Song is studio.My Fav studio cuts:

1.Stairway

2.Achilles

3.SIBLY

4.D & C

5.Heartbreaker

but the best solo is Thank You from BBC sessions by far,i went STH.

Strike that,the best of all time was easily Stairway on the DVD from Earls Court.

B) No Quarter from TSRTS is good,but doesn't compare.

Where's the love for The Ocean?!

That's my pick. I always have the overwhelming urge to play air guitar whenever I hear it...

Yeah, that one is awesome. He really gets it perfectly. I like that sound he makes when Plant is singing, Ooh, YEAH!

i'm listening to it right now... tsrts version of dazed... minus the bowing, just the finger boarding, and other jaming. i just think page is at his best here, working the frets, from top to bottom. as fast and hard as anybody. ! the bowing is great all by it's self.

• 2 weeks later...
Stairway from TSRTS is probably my all time favourite.

The Rover is up there too.

Same here. STH has always been and always will be my very favorite guitar solo. It's transporting.

Page's solo in The Rover is beautiful - so much passion and emotion there that you can feel it just by listening.

Same here. STH has always been and always will be my very favorite guitar solo. It's transporting.

Agreed!! I may or may not cry during the TSRTS version sometimes. :bagoverhead:

Page's solo in The Rover is beautiful - so much passion and emotion there that you can feel it just by listening.

Agreed, again. :D I used to listen to this song and rewind back to the solo over and over again. I can't even explain why but I just love it soo much!

Oh and another one I love is Ten Years Gone-- another tear jerker. :'(

Archived