Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

kidmoon

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

SIBLY, definitely! I feel like putting on some Barry White afterwards, 'cause man, that's hawt. You know what else really blows up my skirt? Communication Breakdown. Jimmy's not usually known as an Eddie Van Halen, blisteringly fast type of player, but he really plays balls-out on that one.

Totally unrelated, but "dammit!" to whoever closed the "Which song would you like to hear Zep play for the first time at O2" thread. I was going to run in there and put "FREEBIRD!!!" but it was closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Please don't kill me...

Stairway to Heaven

**ducks behind the nearest object expecting to hear gunshots**

:hysterical:

forgive me if I sound too naive or mainstream.

In order:

1. STH

2. SIBLY

3. Heartbreaker

• 2 weeks later...

The very first Jimmy Page solo to rip my soul apart was the album version of "Heartbreaker" as played on an original 1969 LZ II LP.

My Goodness.... THERE ARE SO MANY JP SOLOS TO LOVE AND ADMIRE ! ! ! !

• 2 weeks later...
The very first Jimmy Page solo to rip my soul apart was the album version of "Heartbreaker" as played on an original 1969 LZ II LP.

My Goodness.... THERE ARE SO MANY JP SOLOS TO LOVE AND ADMIRE ! ! ! !

I know, how could I pick a favorite! They are all great for different reasons but I voted SIBLY.....it's so pure and raw...

uhm, I'm being cLiche again,-- it's so hard to choose! but still..

I vote for Heartbreaker, it makes me act Like.. hmm, simpLy insane. takes me back to 70s, and I Love that feeLing. *LAwoman?!* :lol::cheer:

• 1 month later...
I have to go with Since I've Been Loving You. It's also pretty much my favourite song.

They played that video the first night I was in Israel this summer.

The first time I heard them on the radio out there was one morning when I took my

mom to the park, and the Rain Song played on 88 fm the second I turned on the radio.

I sang my heart out with tears pouring down my face the whole time.

I love the guitar work on that song.

My dad usually only listens to the radio to get updates on the situation out there. While I was there, I hijacked the radios and played music all the time, to the point that my dad started to reset the radio in the kitchen to the music station after he listened to the news :D

Hard to choose between the long jazzy solo in No Quarter (live versions) and the fast aggressive in D&C.

I recently can't get enough of watching Jimmy play both on the Earls Court 75 vid and listening to them on a Dallas live 75 version (thank you for sending it to me, my friend. Muah!).

cheers! :)

too hard to choose just one " baby".......but today ive been listening to the version of " babe im gonna leave you " from the amnesty int. show in paris, and wow the solo in that is juat smokin' ! jimmy really nails it, the whole song is just perfect, and the little tease of stairway at the end.....magic.

• 2 weeks later...

Three of the very best ones are missing, and so I won't bother to vote: No Quarter from TSRTS, I'm Gonna Crawl and Achilles Last Stand. Of the ones that are on the list I would choose Since I've Been Loving You. Stairway really is great, just not my personal favorite. B)

I chose since i've been loving you because it's such a powerful and emotional solo that gives me the shivers every time i listen to this song...it's one of my all time favorite songs and i think it's the best vocal performance of Robert ..in one word PERFECTION!

• 1 month later...

Here's some of my favourite solos:

Dazed And Confused (especially the Royal Albert Hall version)

Stairway To Heaven

Achilles Last Stand

Since I´ve Been Loving You

Immigrant Song

Communication Breakdown

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

The Rover

Black Dog

• 2 weeks later...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, Your Time Is Gonna Come, Thank You, Tangerine, Going To California, I'm Gonna Crawl, In The Evening, Communication Breakdown, The Song Remains The Same, The Ocean, Over The Hills and Far Away, The Rain Song, The Lemon Song, The Rover, Custard Pie, Bron-Yr-Aur, In My Time of Dying, The Battle of EVermore, Wearing and Tearing...

Archived