Amy Whitehouse performance at the Grammys

JethroTull

I really like her voice - and her album "Back To Black" is superb IMHO. But I find looking at her painful - not a pretty sight. Of course, there's no rule to say that singers have to be good looking, but ... :blink:

The one way in which she most definitely IS like Britney Spears is that both their lives resemble car crashes in slow motion. Pity.

She looks utterly awful. Too many tattoos on a woman just look tacky, and she exemplifies that. I know some people who have a couple, usually on the lower back, ankle or shoulder blade, but she looks like a drunken tattoo artist attacked her with a needle. Just makes her look scuzzy.

She's just another piece of crap, like Britney Spears. :rolleyes:

Another fine example on how people's tastes have severely degraded over the years, thanks to a greedy media and a gullible public.

Oh! Thanks a lot man! You've said everything I wanted to say about her.

It's not a rehab that she needs, it's a bloody asylum where she can hide.

Very talented young, disturbed lady.

You hit the nail on the head. I just watched her performance a second time. She has some really odd mannerisms. Doesn't appear to enjoy talking and makes some weird facial expressions. Sounds like a recipe for success. Musically she is able to put an interesting twist into her music.

I felt she was off key.I have seen American idol turn down better performances.were are the replacements for Zep,Stones,the Who,Bad co,Queen,Aerosmith,Boc,BTO,Skynyrd ,Allman brothers,TYA,J Giels,Fleetwood mac ,Guns and Roses,Mettallica ,Alice Cooper,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath etc etc . I blame it on the record companies they want clones they dont appear to want anything different yet artistic.

I felt she was off key.I have seen American idol turn down better performances.were are the replacements for Zep,Stones,the Who,Bad co,Queen,Aerosmith,Boc,BTO,Skynyrd ,Allman brothers,TYA,J Giels,Fleetwood mac ,Guns and Roses,Mettallica ,Alice Cooper,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath etc etc . I blame it on the record companies they want clones they dont appear to want anything different yet artistic.

Personally, I don't want any "replacements" for any of those artists. I'm perfectly content with Pearl Jam, Dylan, R.E.M., Drive-By Truckers, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, the Old 97s, Marah, Wilco, John Prine, Todd Snider, Tift Merritt, Patty Hurst Shifter and the dozens of other artists I listen to.

I do agree with you about the major labels and the industry in general though but that's pretty much been the norm with music, TV and motion pictures for as long as they've been in business. If you want to hear something outside the norm you're going to have to go outside the usual avenues to find it, especially these days. The thing is, we have even more options at our fingertips to discover new music than ever before so it really shouldn't be that hard to find, just don't expect to hear it (or see it) on the music channels or commercial radio.

Another fine example on how people's tastes have severely degraded over the years, thanks to a greedy media and a gullible public.

Come on. Don't you think there have always been people with questionable taste in music? It's not a new phenomenon.

There's just more $$ available these days for the potential teen idol fans -- not to mention a greater number of kids in general. Moreover, there are TV channels (plural) devoted to selling corporate crap.

Having said all that, I don't think Winehouse and Spears are quite in the same ballpark.

You have to be kidding me. The girl is an amazing talent. And please don't try to label me as "gullible" .

And how she can be described as looking "aids infested" is a mystery to me. Skinny and clearly drugs dependant, but "aids-infested"? Jeez. :rolleyes:

PS - It's WINEhouse.

You have to be kidding me. The girl is an amazing talent. And please don't try to label me as "gullible" .

And how she can be described as looking "aids infested" is a mystery to me. Skinny and clearly drugs dependant, but "aids-infested"? Jeez. :rolleyes:

PS - It's WINEhouse.

Just sayin...Medical science hasn't advanced far enough for me to hit that.

Most aids victims ARE skinny and drug dependent. Obviously I'm not saying she is one, just that her dreadful looks conjur up that image

PS - It's WINEhouse.

I apologize for the "gullible" comment. Sorry.

But I stand by the rest.

I think she's got a really unique voice and some cool moves.

I also like her old school "Sailor Jerry" style tats.

Different strokes for different folks.

Indeed. Fair enough. B)

In the interest of diplomacy (and not having to remove another foot from my mouth!) I'll simply state that she's not my cup of tea.

Indeed. Fair enough. B)

In the interest of diplomacy (and not having to remove another foot from my mouth!) I'll simply state that she's not my cup of tea.

You know I'd never heard her sing before the grammies and so I was curious because she's

everywhere.I was expecting to be disappointed.I thought she was quirky and kinda sexy.

Plus I like chicks with tats.

437448922_1e79c61ca3.jpg

You know I'd never heard her sing before the grammies and so I was curious because she's

everywhere.I was expecting to be disappointed.I thought she was quirky and kinda sexy.

Plus I like chicks with tats.

437448922_1e79c61ca3.jpg

Holy shit! :blink:

All those tats remind me of Scott Weiland. :lol:

She does look doable there though. I admit it! :blush:

Archived