I prefered the old board

poortom

I personally prefered the old message board, cant get used to all the new colours plus now we are all NEWBIES, opinions? :mad:

Hey poortom. Yeah, it's different alright, but some things are better. Like a search button, nicer member profiles and more PM space. But I was so close to 1000 posts in the old board.... :(

Edited by wendigo

I personally prefered the old message board, cant get used to all the new colours plus now we are all NEWBIES, opinions? :mad:

I'm getting used to the fact that all those posts and threads will be gone soon.....which is not easy. This feels like moving to a new house, and even though the new destination might be livable enough, sometimes it's just hard to leave the old place.

The new layout doesn't bother me, I quite like it, maybe even more than the other one (though orange is definitely not my favourite colour). And as for the newbie status, I really couldn't care less.

It took a few days to get used to but its fine.

My only issue is the flood control where you have to wait 60 seconds to post again cos on other forums that doesn't happen, it's a pain.

I think though that it will take time to get some of the old atmosphere ( if I can call it that) with loads of even newer people joining.

Some oder form member have yet to join too.

So give it time perhaps.

It took a few days to get used to but its fine.

My only issue is the flood control where you have to wait 60 seconds to post again cos on other forums that doesn't happen, it's a pain.

I think though that it will take time to get some of the old atmosphere ( if I can call it that) with loads of even newer people joining.

Some oder form member have yet to join too.

So give it time perhaps.

There were lots of new people joining every day on the other board. I personally thing the atmosphere's already here.

I preferred the old one, too. This one has its perks, but it has more "problems" than the other one did.

Problems I have with this board:

-The fact that you can't "store" PMs in your outbox anymore...without taking up space.

-You have to go to each PM to read the message, they aren't all out in the open like they used to be. Which is something I also like since my friend pretty much has to read subject titles and she doesn't normally :lol:

-Limitations on use of smileys and images <_<

-Lack of smileys :rolleyes:

-No more full-on interruping thingy that informs you that you've received a private message..I always liked that :rolleyes:

I think that's it. Funnily enough, the only reason I have a problem with all of that is for PM-ing :huh::lol:

• 12 years later...