Massive gear purchase

ArmsofAtlas

Yeah i have a soft spot for the triple pickup black beauty. And the Jimmy Page one is the best looking of them all. I wish i had seen a tailpiece epi over here, i would've snapped it up. The normal one is going for $1200 over here, its pretty much robbery. All guitar shops are way over priced, even in the sales.

Anyways you don't buy the Jimmy Page model for the guitar itself, you buy it for the fact it's such a limited edition and personally played by Page.

Don't forget that someone, somewhere, has the original, possibly the rarest and most sought after Zeppelin artifact, up there with the dragon suits and other items.

What will happen to the #1 when Jimmy has no use for it, I wonder.

I always wondered why even though it was in tune, when you played the chords the higher strings never sounded right. Pitched wrong. So they can make mistakes. Are you going to buy a 4 or 5 string??

Yeah it's called intonation and it's something you need to check before you make any guitar purchase (I guess you learnt that lesson the hard way!). Intonation can be adjusted a little by increasing/reducing the string length at the bridge.

Maybe Gibson has made more mistakes than I figured but I stil think they are the best.

yeah the only guitar Ill buy is a Les Paul or at least a Gibson. But i think the basses look ugly. The SG looks okay but i think i read it's only a 31in scale and my 34in fender looks really small on me. I'm 6'3" and 240 pounds and i hate how the basses look on me. Thats kinda why i like the fender 24 because the neck is longer, so it seems like I'm playing a bass. I really want a 36in bass, but i could barley make my fingers stretch 4 frets. I don't use my pinky, we adds to the limited length problem.

I think even he said he won't give it up. He'll probaly give it to scarlet or one of his other children.

Yeah that's what I mean, like - when he moves on to the place where worldly possessions are meaningless. I wonder if it would be sold for charity - that would be a big sale.

Yeah that's what I mean, like - when he moves on to the place where worldly possessions are meaningless. I wonder if it would be sold for charity - that would be a big sale.

I meant that it would never be sold, Scarlett would give it to her children or be lent out to a museum. Jimmy probably loves his guitars as much as he loves his family, so i don't think he'll take a chance of it being fucked up by some rich yahoo. And yes it would be a big sale, but even if i was the owner of google, i wouldn't buy that guitar. That guitar means so much to so many that no single person can own it. Ill probably would end up buying it, if i had the money, but ill just loan it out to a museum.

Ibanez......ewww. Fender Yay. I originally wanted an solid body and neck with active pickups like EMG in a woodgrain finish, like ibanez, but i never found anything great. Like a Warwick, Washburn, and spector. I always wanted a Fender Jazz, but i want to be a little different and stylish.

Gibson makes the best electric guitar. But if you are a bass player I would go with either Ibanez or Fender.

I agree! Fender and Ibanez both make great basses. Gibson basses are kinda crappy. I see a Washburn endorsement, but from my experience, they are not very good.

An American made Fender 5 string Jazz bass is really nice. It's what my bassist plays and it IS SCHWEET! :D

I agree! Fender and Ibanez both make great basses. Gibson basses are kinda crappy. I see a Washburn endorsement, but from my experience, they are not very good.

An American made Fender 5 string Jazz bass is really nice. It's what my bassist plays and it IS SCHWEET! :D

I have yet to play the Washburn i wanted, but the one i did play was kinda crappy. Every body I talked to say that the American made (MIA) are not worth the extra $700 when compared to the made in Japan (MIJ). In fact all the people i talked to and chat with all say the build quality is better on the MIJ than the MIA, unless you go real expensive like a Victor Bailey series $1,500 or a reissued 61' 63' or 75' that are all above $2000. As i mentioned before, there is a custom Guitar builder, who is willing to make a Fender 24 copy for me, with some added tricks, for 1,000. The most expensive piece is getting the longer neck, a 24 fret, compared to a 20 or 21. Now a bassist may not have any use for frets above 18, but i want that look of length.

The added goodies is

3 band EQ with a selection between 400mhz and 800mhz for the mid boost/cut

Series/parallel wiring switch.

Things i want also, but willing to sacrifice

LED Battery indicator

2.5 watt mini amp. It's a small amp inside the bass so you can just plug headphones into it. I like to sit on my couch and play, but i want to move the amp out of the room.

I know you don't need all that extra shit on a bass, but this would be my only bass and i love to trick shit out.

Archived