Jimmy Page AUTObiography

Darth Zoso

I believe I read months back that Page signed a book deal (?). Was a release date given?

B)

No, this is not true. The first Jimmy Page biography, 'Jimmy Page: Magus,

Musician, Man' by George Case has been published recently but Jimmy had no

involvement with it. It's a worthwhile read, especially for new enthusiasts.

(Edit: Typo made at 4 am!)

Edited by SteveAJones

No, this is not true. The first Jimmy Page autobiography, 'Jimmy Page: Magus,

Musician, Man' by George Case has been published recently but Jimmy had no

involvement with it. It's a worthwhile read, especially for new enthusiasts.

autobiography means a biography written by the person it's about.... therefor the book written by George Case about Jimmy Page wouldn't be an auto biography. ;)

This sounds intriguing, I would definitely be interested in reading an Autobiography by ANY of the members. I've never read any of the biographies currently out because I'm just not interested in other people's takes on them, I'd like it straight from the source, so there's less bullshit.

Edited by Jarlaxle 56

He talked about the possibilty of penning his memoirs. It was either in Guitar World or Classic Rock. I'd have to go searching through all of my back issues to find the exact quote. In the same paragraph, he talked about once climbing out of a hotel window and sitting on top of the air conditioner.

I believe I read months back that Page signed a book deal (?). Was a release date given?

B)

I read the same thing awhile back and I have not come across any dates either.

a bio in his own words would be fascinating because he is such a recluse.

IN that same article, the one about there being a bio, I seem to recall Page saying something about there being some Zeppelin stuff coming(this was before the announcement of any reunion or Mothership or SRTS)....what a sly dog he is! lol

Edited by tyedye

B)

Really? ? ? Where did you read that? I remember reading about Jimmy saying that he was going to write a book about him/Zeppelin....years ago. I already gave up all hope. Now, this is wonderful...if it's true.

clap.gif

It must have been about three or four years ago now but he was quoted in passing that it would be fun to put it all down on paper one day, something like that. I haven't heard a peep since then so I assumed it was a throwaway quip. If it's happening, though, that would be all kinds of coolness.

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...

When Jimmy says he is going to do something , book, solo project, live LZ albums for the 50th it is all talk. He is just telling the fans what they want to hear. Talk of the  next year solo album is on hold (to close to next year), should resume about May or June of 2020, for a 2021 release. He clearly stated that he would write an autobiography, but it could not be released until he passes.  2021 should bring a new set of remasters along with new skateboard designs. As Robert has a blast playing the old tunes...that he hates...