Rarely mentioned Page guest spots

Honeydripper

Did Page play with Elton John somewhere

Elton got into session work in 1968 and may have crossed paths with Jimmy or JPJ. There's a rumor that Elton played on the Family Dogg's "A Way Of Life" but I have my doubts.

• 4 weeks later...
One more question: ;-)

Was "10 Mar 1981 Hammersmith, London (Jeff Beck)" Jimmys first stage return since Led Zep split?

Yes, absolutely. He joined Jeff during the encore for 'Going Down' and got mobbed by

fans at the stage door when he tried to leave. Later that night Jimmy and Jeff met up with Pete Townsend for a drink at The Venue (2a Clifton Rise SE14 6JP) in New Cross,

London. Surprisingly, Jimmy must have forgotten about this jam when he said in many

interviews he did not touch a guitar for 18 months after the end of Led Zeppelin.

I know the topic has switched more to Pages' guest spots during live performances, but here are two more obscure studio performances:

1) "The Last Mile" - Nico. I believe it was only released as a single at the time but can now be found on her re-released album "Chelsea Girl". I believe Page not only played on it but wrote it, along with contributions from Lou Reed, John Cale, & Jackson Browne.

2) "Come Stay With Me" - Marianne Faithfull. He co-wrote this song with Jackie DeShannon, I guess during their affair. It sounds like he's playing an acoustic 12 string on this. Very poppy, but definately his sound.

I know the topic has switched more to Pages' guest spots during live performances, but here are two more obscure studio performances:

1) "The Last Mile" - Nico. I believe it was only released as a single at the time but can now be found on her re-released album "Chelsea Girl". I believe Page not only played on it but wrote it, along with contributions from Lou Reed, John Cale, & Jackson Browne.

2) "Come Stay With Me" - Marianne Faithfull. He co-wrote this song with Jackie DeShannon, I guess during their affair. It sounds like he's playing an acoustic 12 string on this. Very poppy, but definately his sound.

Page co-wrote and played guitar on "The Last Mile", but Reed, Cale and Browne had nothing to do with it (they worked with her when she went to the U.S. several months later). And I don't think that Jimmy actually co-wrote "Come Stay With Me", although Marianne Faithfull seems to think he did.

Page co-wrote and played guitar on "The Last Mile", but Reed, Cale and Browne had nothing to do with it (they worked with her when she went to the U.S. several months later). And I don't think that Jimmy actually co-wrote "Come Stay With Me", although Marianne Faithfull seems to think he did.

Oh, I know Page did that alone with her. The others were working with her on different songs & she was seeing Jackson Browne at the time. Whether Page wrote "Come Stay With Me" or not I don't know, but the credits on some Japanese import my brother has is credited to DeShannon/Page with that song.

• 7 years later...

Elton got into session work in 1968 and may have crossed paths with Jimmy or JPJ. There's a rumor that Elton played on the Family Dogg's "A Way Of Life" but I have my doubts.

Both Elton and Jimmy guested on the 1971 album "Smiling Men with Bad Intentions" by Mike Heron of the Incredible String Band but it's unclear whether they crossed paths.

..."The 1991 reissue features two bonus tracks, with Jimmy Page guesting on "Lady Wonder" and Elton John on "Make No Mistake". The album also has Pete Townshend, Keith Moon, John Enwhistle, Ronnie Lane, Stevie Winwood and John Cale among others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUlNfmtojDc

Surprisingly, Jimmy must have forgotten about this jam when he said in many

interviews he did not touch a guitar for 18 months after the end of Led Zeppelin.

He always forgets that. And the XYZ rehearsals were quite recent after Zep disbanding.

In another post you mention Page couldn't come to the U.S. due to legal problems....care to elaborate?

Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

Jimmy says he saw the Velvet Underground at the Scene Club in New York 'any time I had the opportunity' and that they were 'phenomenal'.

Has he ever said whether he met up with Nico again at that time or mentioned her Marble Index, Desertshore or The End albums?

I can see how those three records would have appealed to Jimmy's interest in what he called 'the dark and the alternative'

I saw Nico a couple of times at the Sheffield Leadmill in 1982 - by far the best bits were when she sent the Mancs off stage in the middle and it was just her and the harmonium.

Archived