Movies You Never Get Tired of Watching

The Rover

^^^Hmmm... I've never seen Bridges of Madison County....anything like the Bridge on the River Kwai :lol:

I like anything in the James Bond collection. Watching the odd Jimmy out "On Her Magesty's Secret Service" now.

Wow! There is a movie called "Dazed and Confused"??! Wow! So cool! :D

What's it about anyway? Any Zep related stuff??

Its a movie based on high school in 1976. If you havent seen it yet you must grab it. This movie is one of the alltime greats!!!!

^^^Hmmm... I've never seen Bridges of Madison County....anything like the Bridge on the River Kwai :lol:

I like anything in the James Bond collection. Watching the odd Jimmy out "On Her Magesty's Secret Service" now.

Ha ! No not quite but, there's usually a fair bit of kwai..ing when she watches it :drumz::lol:

Its a movie based on high school in 1976. If you havent seen it yet you must grab it. This movie is one of the alltime greats!!!!

Wooderson: Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Personally I think it's more fun to view a movie in a theater than at home. There's just something nice about the concept of "Dinner and a Movie," or even if you aren't going out to eat, to just sit in front of a massive screen with the lights out. I dont' know about ya'll, but I find it easier to immerse myself in a movie in a theater than I do viewing a movie at home.

In the Dallas area, you can do both, at the same time !

Studio Movie Grill

The Godfather (1&2)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Donnie Brasco

Unforgiven

Office Space

Stripes

Diner

Patton

Catholic High School Girls In Trouble

Basically all things manly and correct

The Godfather I and II

Donnie Brasco

Heat

Carlito's Way

The Enforcer

The Great Escape

The Getaway (Steve McQueen version)

Mr Majestic

The Hunt for Red October

U 571

Planet of the Apes

Jose Wales

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to add Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2 to the list. One of my favorite movies and definitely one of the funniest movies of all time. I never get tired of watching and hearing their crazy jokes. Schwing! Party on! :D

And then I would also like to add Austin Powers series too. One of the funniest comedies I've seen. I like Mike Myers' jokes.

• 6 years later...

R.I.P. Jonathan Demme

The Silence of the Lambs was a phenomenon in 1991. People from all walks of life were talking about it. One of those rare films that has "word on the street" quality to it. Like Alien did in 1979.

His Masterpiece :yesnod:

Midway...the original theatrical release in Sensearound Sound. That shit was EPIC on the big screen with that audio. The whole theatre shook and was loud as hell. Made you really feel you were on the deck of a carrier.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Amile

City of Lost Children (La Cite des Enfants Perdus)

Patton - Historically very inaccurate (Patton was nothing like what was portrayed) but one hell of an acting job by George C Scott. Since George Scott was a raging liberal, I believe he played the part over the top intentionally and the director loved it. However in real life Patton was a very nuanced and complex man and was not known to fly off the handle as he was actually very controlled and did certain things for affect. 

Dark City

The Exorcist -  As stated above, what was once horrifying is now humorous. Live long enough and you know the IRS, politicians, and the health care system are WAY more frighting than goddamned Pazuzu could ever be.

Fried Green Tomatoes - Screw you...I like this damn movie

All oldies but goodies...

The Blue Max.....the best movie period for World War I dog fighting.  Too much drama in the storyline, but the flying scenes are awesome.

Northwest Passage....with Spencer Tracy.  Because sometimes when you're really really hungry, it's good to carry a spare head around in a bag just for snacking on.....pass the hot sauce please.

The Omen.....Gregory Peck's reactions to his devil child give the whole movie credibility, and is a far better watch than The Exorcist for me.

Legend of Hell House....a creepy flick with a strange vibe.  Always liked it.

Eldorado......Some people like Rio Bravo better....not me.  The scene when Robert Mitchum goes in the bar and the guy he's chasing hides behind the piano player just rocks to me.  The bartender makes a move for a rifle and Mitchum shoots the bar and sends splinters into his hand.  Outstanding !

Shanendoah.......Family favorite that evokes good memories.  My sister's used to have the Kleenex ready every time 'boy' would walk into that church at the end.  'BURN THE TRAIN....BURN IT !!"  Great cast too.....I could stare at a young Rosemary Forsyth & Katherine Ross all damn day.   

So many

Godfather I and II

The Great Escape

The Getaway (McQueen/McGraw)

Unforgiven (all Eastwood movies)

Heat

Carliito's Way

Predator

Gone With the Wind

The Hunt for Red October

U-571

A Christmas Carol (1951-British)

Its a Wonderful Life

Born Free

The Longest Day

Saving Private Ryan

Papillion

The Ghost and Mrs Muir

The Graduate

American Graffitti

The Terminator

Jaws

On 4/27/2017 at 0:24 PM, IpMan said:

Fried Green Tomatoes - Screw you...I like this damn movie

Me too!  

Another movie I always stop and watch when I come across it is Starman with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen.  I love that movie.

Archived