The Deep Purple Thread

eagle87

Okay, let's take a look at the Forum Guidelines.

The very first rule in the Forum Guidelines states: Please SEARCH the board before posting and use existing thread for similar topics.

That's as clear as day, there should be no argument here.

Okay, let's take a look at the Forum Guidelines.

The very first rule in the Forum Guidelines states: Please SEARCH the board before posting and use existing thread for similar topics.

That's as clear as day, there should be no argument here.

Right, but you don't have to bust people's balls the second they don't follow it. This guy was looking for entry level Deep Purple music. The other topic was more of a general topic for existing fans. There is also one particular person who continually cuts and pastes articles(spam) very few of us care about. That is just as bad. And needing to know the next concert, last concert, currently listening, next listening of everybody is just a mere attempt to create topics that never stop and is the sign of an egomaniac.

Right, but you don't have to bust people's balls the second they don't follow it. This guy was looking for entry level Deep Purple music. The other topic was more of a general topic for existing fans. There is also one particular person who continually cuts and pastes articles(spam) very few of us care about. That is just as bad. And needing to know the next concert, last concert, currently listening, next listening of everybody is just a mere attempt to create topics that never stop and is the sign of an egomaniac.

You need to take a chill pill !! you seem very uptight about things especially for a relative newbie !!

Right, but you don't have to bust people's balls the second they don't follow it.

I didn't, I posted a link to the existing thread in a friendly manner. :)

This guy was looking for entry level Deep Purple music. The other topic was more of a general topic for existing fans.

He titled it, The Deep Purple Thread. There is already a Deep Purple thread.

There is also one particular person who continually cuts and pastes articles(spam) very few of us care about. That is just as bad.

I don't know anything about that...

And needing to know the next concert, last concert, currently listening, next listening of everybody is just a mere attempt to create topics that never stop and is the sign of an egomaniac.

Yeah, that's terrible... :angry:

Right, but you don't have to bust people's balls the second they don't follow it. This guy was looking for entry level Deep Purple music. The other topic was more of a general topic for existing fans.

The fact of the matter is, there was already a thread for Deep Purple. Same as there was already a topic for Aerosmith and others. eagle87 obviously didn't take the time to Search for previous topics before starting a new one despite being very politely told about the Search feature and how it is considered courteous to other members not to have multiple threads on the same subject.

There is also one particular person who continually cuts and pastes articles(spam) very few of us care about. That is just as bad.

I post articles here. So does Pagemeister, Steve A. Jones and a number of other members. Hell you just posted one the other day yourself. I have been a member of this board since 2003. If posting articles was a problem with the owner then it would have been brought to our attention a very long time ago. Not to mention, who are you to suggest what interests board members?

And needing to know the next concert, last concert, currently listening, next listening of everybody is just a mere attempt to create topics that never stop and is the sign of an egomaniac.

Go to any board and you'll see plenty of concert and what's everybody listening to threads, it's not just something unique to this board. If those threads weren't popular then members wouldn't post to them but as you can see the what's everyone listening to threads are among the most popular on this board. Not to mention they give each of us an opportunity to share what we're listening to as a way of discovering new music. The creation of them doesn't have anything to do with anyone being an "egomanic" but your constant bitching and baiting of members certainly paints you as a "troll".

You DO have your rules. Now you're applying hierarchical restrictions on how people can act here.

If there's anyone here attempting to force their own rules on people, it's YOU. Show a little respect and put a lid on it already.

If there's anyone here attempting to force their own rules on people, it's YOU. Show a little respect and put a lid on it already.

Don't tell me about respect. You're the one always swearing at people in your posts. Plus, your avatar appears to be directly towards everybody on this board. Plus, I've noticed you always have to get the last word in with the numerous fights you get into here.

BTW, I cut and pasted an article about the death of a singer. I'm not on here constantly cutting and pasting articles that I can just as easily read on www.allmusic.com.

Don't tell me about respect. You're the one always swearing at people in your posts. Plus, your avatar appears to be directly towards everybody on this board. Plus, I've noticed you always have to get the last word in with the numerous fights you get into here.

Where am I always swearing at people in my posts? As for my avatar it isn't directed at anyone. I'm a Johnny Cash fan. It's a simple as that.

BTW, I cut and pasted an article about the death of a singer. I'm not on here constantly cutting and pasting articles that I can just as easily read on www.allmusic.com.

Not a single one of the articles I've posted came from allmusic.com. It's also not like all I do is cut and paste articles, I also contribute to threads. You can't seem to stop bitching about everything and are constantly baiting fellow members in your posts. If the moderators thought the posting of articles was a problem they would have done something about it long ago. Checked the Zep related forums at all? Most of them are full of articles posted by Steve A. Jones. They are also full of articles contributed by Pagemiester and others.

Perhaps you'd be better off changing your screen name to the much more appropriate "Jethro Troll" because that's exactly what you are, a "troll". You have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this forum and have done nothing but been antagonistic to your fellow members since arriving here. If you don't like how things are here I suggest you either find another forum more to your liking or start your own.

You DO have your rules. Now you're applying hierarchical restrictions on how people can act here.

Why am I hierarchy, I never remember saying that, I might have posted a few more posts than some but again its your beef if you have a problem with me because of that !! it seems from your aggresive behavior that you needed to take a pill, I have asked others to take one too. This use to be a friendly place to be, so why don't you stop jumping on the bandwagon of dissing longterm members on here and just post some interesting replies like you did when you joined !!

Lets keelhaul her or him or heck everybody . The other day someone was saying we dont need a peace concert for zep to play heck we need one in this forum.Only seen them Twice once in 72 and once in 85 but i have seen Blackmore with Rainbow with Ronnie James and with Graham Bonnett and Joe Lynn Turner always puts on a good show.

• 4 weeks later...

IMO "Machine Head" is one of the greatest rock albums ever----no one should be without it. Unfortunately, I just don't think the others are as good. The album that followed it, "Who Do We Think We Are!" is pretty good, and it does have "Woman From Tokyo" on it. The ablums that followed featured everybody's favorite singer, David Coverdale. They were a little funkier, but IMO not as good. "Hush" is a cool song by the early (pre-Ian Gillian) Deep Purple.

I would say to get "Made in Japan", "Machine Head", and "Who Do We Think We Are?"

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://youtu.be/sDnQlgIBIgw

Taken from the forthcoming REMACHINED album due on EAGLE records on the 1st October 2012,

this classic Deep Purple track from Machine Head has been recorded by a band of incredible musicians:

Vocal: Jimmy Barnes

Guitar (L): Joe Bonamassa

Guitar ®: Brad Whitford

Organ: Arlan Schierbaum

Bass: Michael Rhodes

Edited by The Pagemeister