Does anybody have opinion on Amp Simulators

Pb Derigable

I still haven't decided on a new bass, but i was looking at the Amp/cab simulator and effects boards that can be used. The one im looking at is the Behringer Bass V-AMP Modeling Preamp. It comes in Rack or this oddly shaped config, which is 60 dollars cheaper. it has all the effects i want and a bunch of amp models and cab models. So my question is does anybody use this and do they like it. Im also talking about the PC software like guitar rig too. I want a hardware piece. The only downside about this one is there is no footswitch or wah pedal. I not completely in need of one, but they have those too for cheaper, but with less features. Ill probaly use it more for my practice amp a peavey 100watt 12in then for my SWR 400watt RIG 4x10 1x15. I use a fender Pbass with an EMG P/J pickups. I always have trouble trying out basss effects at the local stores and i could get one dirt cheap on ebay.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Bass...693-i1145399.gc

I still haven't decided on a new bass, but i was looking at the Amp/cab simulator and effects boards that can be used. The one im looking at is the Behringer Bass V-AMP Modeling Preamp. It comes in Rack or this oddly shaped config, which is 60 dollars cheaper. it has all the effects i want and a bunch of amp models and cab models. So my question is does anybody use this and do they like it. Im also talking about the PC software like guitar rig too. I want a hardware piece. The only downside about this one is there is no footswitch or wah pedal. I not completely in need of one, but they have those too for cheaper, but with less features. Ill probaly use it more for my practice amp a peavey 100watt 12in then for my SWR 400watt RIG 4x10 1x15. I use a fender Pbass with an EMG P/J pickups. I always have trouble trying out basss effects at the local stores and i could get one dirt cheap on ebay.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Bass...693-i1145399.gc

I have a Pod and A line6 AX212 combo. I use them for practice and for laying down scratch tracks via line inputs. They are cool for those purposes, but I have found that, personally, they don't cut it live. I need a good tube amp and a pedal board patching in individual effects. I've tried the "multi-effector" pedals and they are always "cheesy" somehow. I just got Digitech's Expression 7 pedal, it has two different wahs, whammy, tremelo, rotary effects and all controlled with an expression pedal effect. I'm liking it the more I use it.

I don't know about the Bass, but a friend has the guitar version of that Behringer V-Amp and I hate it. Once again... it sounds good at low levels by itself, but add the rest of the band and it just doesn't go well.

The Behringer stuff is garbage. It really isn't worth the savings. Thats from every aspect of that stuff, build quality, sounds. Everything.

The Line 6 Bass stuff is fantastic. One of my best friends plays four nights a week out with it and has never sounded better. He's using a Fender Geddy Lee J Bass or an American P Bass. Full, and much better sounding than any direct I've ever heard. He sends one output into the power amp of a combo as a monitor on stage and the sound guy can plug right into the thong with an XLR.

Thanks guy's. i would have to try everthing out first. I also like the digitec stuff. I just didn't want the whole unit on the floor. I tend to break shit alot with my feet. I just want somthing that will give me any effect so in case i really want somthing, ill just go buy the actual pedal. but ill do more research on the digitec.

The bass player in my band has Digitech dealy(BNX3?) and its not too shabby for the multieffects, but he still uses an amp. I have heard that those things as stand alone, live, don't cut it pretty well unanimously.

I was in a battle of the bands against a band and their guitarist used one of those and all those old dudes thought it sounded awesome. The other guitarist had a Marshall microstack, and it was about as bad.

Point being..... Spend a little extra and get a decent rig if you are gonna play live.

Well the only way ill use any effect would be for my own pleasure with my practice amp. I'm in a simple rock band so my SWR rig just sounds fine to me . but i would like an Compression and noise gate effect while playing. I would use tiny bit of effects just to get a different tone,like the octavier and somthing to get better slap, but not enough to notice completely. As i said, once i get use to certain effect, ill go buy the actual pedal, because i do believe you give up something with those multi effects.

Archived