Molly Wopsy...

Led Zeppelin Fan00

The Molly Wopsies was written by a 50-year-old Mr Smith, a machine-line worker at the Morris car factory in Oxford, England, who speculatively submitted a script to the TV company.

The story was set in wartime Oxfordshire, in the village of Heathcote, and centred on two child evacuees who gave the local ghost the name Molly Wopsy and then proceeded to form a gang, also with that name. Led by Dinky Dunkley, the outfit had one major adversary: the village copper PC Berry.

Close on two years after the original pilot episode (titled simply The Molly Wopsy) Thames screened a full series of adventures, utilising Arthur Askey's recording of Run, Rabbit, Run as the theme tune.

Also appeared as a guest artist on RP's "Principle Of Moments". I'm assuming as a joke.

all that is true...

But why was the name mentioned on TPOM???

Clues:

What is and what should never be

the rain song

ten years gone

Were all written about her...

And no... It's not Mo...

From what I've gathered the inspiration of those songs were Maureen's younger sister, Shirley, whom, according to legend, Robert never got over.

Bingo!!!

Molly Wopsy was the nom de plume for her as well...

Thanks for posting the question, I learned something new! I also found out that those who would like to see Shirley can in the TSRTS DVD. She apparently is the woman in the front row who is clapping and smiling proudly in a white hooded outfit. it shows her twice. I guess that I'd learned this once and forgotten it! Tough getting old, innit?

Thanks for posting the question, I learned something new! I also found out that those who would like to see Shirley can in the TSRTS DVD. She apparently is the woman in the front row who is clapping and smiling proudly in a white hooded outfit. it shows her twice. I guess that I'd learned this once and forgotten it! Tough getting old, innit?

Cool - I didn't know that. Are you sure about this?

If that really was her - She was really diggin on Bob during the show...

• 1 month later...

That's not her. ;)

"The Rain Song" and "TYG" weren't written about her either. :)

Archived