What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, California Evermore said:

I am watching The Killing on Netflix.  It's about two homicide detectives in Seattle and their cases begin to affect their lives and sanity.  I recommend it. 

I tried it out imo it's not a patch on the Sweedish original.

16 hours ago, Virginia said:

^^ I thought it was powerful and very moving. It feels wrong to say I enjoyed it but I'm very glad I watched it.  

The History Channel adaptation was so moving and terribly graphic! I actually cried my eyes out quite a few times when I saw the sheer brutality exercised by some slave owners in some of the scenes, as I just can't stomach things like extreme brutality and cruelty! But being a history buff, I couldn't resist the temptation to watch this series. I've seen 4 episodes so far. The last episode I saw, starred Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The rest of the episodes will be aired this Saturday. Not sure whether I'll be able to sit through it! :unsure: 

It's definitely such an important piece, and the interviews w/cast and crew were very interesting too (I watched it on Xfinity.com about a  week after it originally aired).  I thought Meyers did a terrific job and Malachi Kirby, the actor who portrayed Kunte Kinte was absolutely amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

^^^ Oh Kiwi, I haven't seen that for a while!  One of the best theme songs ever, I spent my entire youth getting Saturdays started with that gem!  

:) 

Growing up in the era of Cartoon Network, The Jetsons, The Flintstones and The Looney Tunes Show  were my favourites! :D I decided to take out my DVD of the first season of The Jetsons and I was marveling at all the predictions the show made in terms of technological advancements! Such a classic and timeless show! 

Like you Debbie, I too really love the theme song! B)  

I'm watching the opening ceremony for the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture.  The place looks absolutely fabulous and the speakers have been very moving. 

Can't wait to go, although it will be months and months until I can get in.