What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

I am watching the first episode of the new Car share series. The last ones have been brilliant. This one will be as good. And at 10- The Jools Holland show, Because Goldfrapp are on. Cannot wait for that. The new album is a 10/10 for me.

"Urban Cowboy".  I like this movie.  I think that the woman who plays Pam (Madolyn Smith), Bud's affair woman, is one of the most beautiful woman to ever grace a movie screen. 

I tried numerous time to insert a picture of Madolyn in this post but was unable to for some reason.  For those that know this movie, you know who I am referring to and how beautiful this woman really was. 

I was living in Houston at the time of the filming of this movie, but I was 9 years old at that time. 

Edited by kingzoso

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 6:43 PM, zepscoda said:

Scott Glenn on the Leftovers last night was magnificent! 

wtlo_header_script_303_1500x566.jpg

Great show, why...Scott Glenn. The guy who plays the main character really sucks IMO, just walks around with a stupid, confused look most of the time. That guy is the shows weakest link. 

I did not want to start a new topic but this refers to television (actually cable tv).  Has anyone who reads this ever seen the HBO show "Oz" or the Showtime series, "Homeland"?  I am thinking about buying the complete series of both of the shows but want to read any + or - feedback first.  Are these two shows were investing time in?  Anyone?  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

Edited by kingzoso
content

1 minute ago, kingzoso said:

I did not want to start a new topic but this refers to television (actually cable tv).  Has anyone who reads this ever seen the HBO show "Oz" or the Showtime series, "Homeland"?  I am thinking about buying the complete series of both of these shows but want to read any + or - feedback first.  Are these two shows were investing time in?  Anyone?  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

On 5/5/2017 at 10:02 AM, Bong-Man said:

"Genius".......Old Albert was quite the horn-dog......ruff ruff !

I have seen the previews and I was quite shocked by that.  I mean, he is not exactly Rock Hudson.  Bad example I know.  But back in the day, that was the name they used often.  Until.  

King, my favorite series is Prison Break.  I watched all 4 seasons from 07/08 and now the new season 5 is on episode 6 tonight.  Great great show

SarahWayneCallies1_zps4b389084.thumb.jpg.dd09865f57930b910c0c97e13499948a.jpg

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
add

On 5/7/2017 at 7:13 PM, kingzoso said:

I did not want to start a new topic but this refers to television (actually cable tv).  Has anyone who reads this ever seen the HBO show "Oz" or the Showtime series, "Homeland"?  I am thinking about buying the complete series of both of the shows but want to read any + or - feedback first.  Are these two shows were investing time in?  Anyone?  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

OZ is excellent and was the springboard for several now famous actors. Highly recommended.

Homeland I never watched as the premise and characters seemed too absurd for my tastes.

19 hours ago, IpMan said:

OZ is excellent and was the springboard for several now famous actors. Highly recommended.

Homeland I never watched as the premise and characters seemed too absurd for my tastes.

Cool.  Thanks for your input.  I might buy OZ.  

• 2 weeks later...

Amy Frederica Brenneman was great on the Leftovers last night...

"So you're wrong, Pop. I'm not Thomas. I'm Judas. Doubting is easy, 'cause doubting costs you nothing. ..But Judas... he was surrounded by people going on and on about how special Jesus was, but he betrayed them anyway. 'Cause he was sure that he believed in something, and he acted on it."

~ Laurie Garvey

Screenshot_20170522-212023.jpg

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Amy Frederica Brenneman was great on the Leftovers last night...

"So you're wrong, Pop. I'm not Thomas. I'm Judas. Doubting is easy, 'cause doubting costs you nothing. ..But Judas... he was surrounded by people going on and on about how special Jesus was, but he betrayed them anyway. 'Cause he was sure that he believed in something, and he acted on it."

~ Laurie Garvey

Screenshot_20170522-212023.jpg

That whole episode was great, Scott Glen and Amy Brenneman were the standouts. Just brilliant.

Anyone wanna go scuba diving???

On 5/23/2017 at 0:04 AM, IpMan said:

That whole episode was great, Scott Glen and Amy Brenneman were the standouts. Just brilliant.

Anyone wanna go scuba diving???

I'm not 100% certain she turned that valve left and did herself in. But if she did, would Kevin find her in the hotel? That is if Kevin can get back to the hotel outside of Miracle. 

And this week's Fargo was not only the best of the season, but I think it's in the top 3 of all the seasons. That episode was great.