What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

On 5/7/2017 at 7:13 PM, kingzoso said:

I did not want to start a new topic but this refers to television (actually cable tv).  Has anyone who reads this ever seen the HBO show "Oz" or the Showtime series, "Homeland"?  I am thinking about buying the complete series of both of the shows but want to read any + or - feedback first.  Are these two shows were investing time in?  Anyone?  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

You should like OZ. As a Breaking Bad and Sopranos fan, you will appreciate the myriad ingenious ways OZ had of killing people. Never got around to watching Homeland, so I can't help you there.

40 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Fargo just gets better and better !

I had my doubts when this show initially aired but it's proven to be a winner.

Now....what about the new Twin Peaks? Anybody check it out yet? I've been too busy. I loved the first season or two of the original Twin Peaks. But I'm skeptical if Lynch can catch lightning in a bottle again.

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Now....what about the new Twin Peaks? Anybody check it out yet? I've been too busy. I loved the first season or two of the original Twin Peaks. But I'm skeptical if Lynch can catch lightning in a bottle again.

I'm also curious about the new Twin Peaks - I wish I could see it (my TV package doesn't include Showtime, and I refuse to pay the extortionate extra fees involved to get Showtime).

There were only two series originally - the first series was phenomenal (the original pilot was as well); the second series started great (up to the revelation of who killed Laura) and ended great (with the surreal extraterrestrial storyline) - however, the middle of the second series was the ultimate in 'WTF?'.

I hope this third series imitates the first and not the second...

On 6/2/2017 at 1:04 PM, Strider said:

You should like OZ. As a Breaking Bad and Sopranos fan, you will appreciate the myriad ingenious ways OZ had of killing people. Never got around to watching Homeland, so I can't help you there.

I haven't seen the new Twin Peaks yet, hopefuly Lynch can capture what he once had. 

On 6/2/2017 at 1:04 PM, Strider said:

Thank, Strider.  I ended up buying both OZ and Homeland at the same time.  I watched the first two episodes of both to try and get a feel for each show and l liked both but I went ahead and continued to watch Homeland first.  Homeland is actually really good.  I watched the first two seasons in about a week and just started season three today.  I will start watching OZ the day I finish Homeland.  

On 6/4/2017 at 1:04 AM, Strider said:

Homeland is the one with Claire Danes, right? Man, I thought she was so cute in "My So-Called Life".

Yes.  She is actually very good on this show.  I never watched "My So-Called Life" but I do think that she is attractive.  It's worth checking out if you have the time.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Does anybody watch "The Americans"?

I do.  But I haven't watched any of this season yet.  It's all on the DVR for...soon, I hope.  I absolutely love the show!

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I'm binge watching AHS season 1. Jessica Lange is awsome!

american-horror-story-season-1-review.jpg

They are all so good - except the last season, Roanoke.  

We have joined the modern world and have been binge watching Netflix.  Orange Is The New Black, Shameless, Trailor Park Boys, etc.  

On 7/3/2017 at 9:36 AM, Walter said:

We have joined the modern world and have been binge watching Netflix.  Orange Is The New Black, Shameless, Trailor Park Boys, etc.  

Check out House of Cards, great show and with Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright you just cannot go wrong. Plus, the latest season hits very close to home if you know what I mean.

Watching a Showtime series from 2006 - 2008 called Brotherhood. I just cannot get enough of those political / mob type shows I guess. This series takes place in Rhode Island and is centered around the Irish Mob and the state political machine.

On 7/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, Walter said:

Have you tried Silicone Valley? We just got done with season 2.... very funny show!

siliconvalley.jpg

Saved the second half of this season's "Gotham" just for Summer.  Best show on regular tv in my opinion.  You should take that with a proverbial grain of salt though, as I cut Batman a lot of slack.  You see.....I am Batman !

batman.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Walter said:

OJ trying to get out of jail...  I thought I was indifferent to it, but watching this I still look at him as a scumbag murderer.  

He IS a scumbag murderer!  And because he's a celebrity, they will reduce his 30 year sentence to time served (9 years).....