AC/DC

Xtazy

I was wondering if any of you are AC/DC fans as well? Zepp and AC/DC are my favorite bands at this very moment and I could listen to their songs for days.

Which are your fav. AC/DC songs? Did you see any of their concerts? What do you think about AC/DC's guitarist, Angus Young? Do you think Bon Scott was better than Brian Johnson?

Discuss anything related to AC/DC!

Edited by Xtazy

ACDC79DALLAS-1.jpg

ACDCBRLA82-1.jpg

Here's a couple of really good ac dc shows .One with Bon Scott one with Brian Johnson AC DC Rocks.

My Favorite lp is Back in Black and my favorite song is You shook me all night long

after that Whole lotta Rosie .I just love that a guy as old as Angus can look decent wearing those shorts and he never slows down.

Longtime AC/DC lover here. Had tickets to go to a gig on the '91 tour but illness meant I didn't make it :( So they remain one of the few of my favourites that I have yet to see in concert. If push comes to shove, I would have to go with Bon..simply because I like more of the albums that involved him. Kudos to Brian though, he is a great frontman and to fill the boots of someone like Bon takes some (big!) balls. As for songs and albums...Sin City is awesome, as is TNT, Dirty Deeds.. Hells Bells, Who Made Who, You Shook Me All Night Long from Brian. Back In Black is one hell of an album. Also rate Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, High Voltage and Powerage.

I've never been a huge fan but if I want to put on something that I know is going to rock my ass off one of the first things I reach for is AC/DC. Not too fond of the Brian Johnson years but I do like Back In Black. I saw them back in the late 70s just before Bon Scott died when they shared a bill with Cheap Trick and Nantucket, Cheap Trick did the opening honors.

Oh and I'd take the Trick or AC/DC over Journey any fucking day of the week.

Dropped acid, Blue Oyster Cult concert, fourteen years old,

And I thought them lasers were a spider chasing me.

On my way home, got pulled over in Rogersville Alabama, with a half-ounce of weed and a case of Sterling Big Mouth.

My buddy Gene was driving, he just barely turned sixteen.

And I'd like to say, "I'm sorry", but we lived to tell about it

And we lived to do a whole lot more crazy, stupid, shit.

And I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw Molly Hatchet

With .38 Special and the Johnny Van Zant Band.

One night when I was seventeen, I drank a fifth of vodka, on an empty stomach, then drove over to a friend's house. And I backed my car between his parent's Cadillac's without a scratch.

Then crawled to the back door and slithered threw the mail hole, and sneaked up the stairs

And puked in the toilet.

I passed out and nearly drowned but his sister, Dee Dee, pulled me out.

And I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw Molly Hatchet

And the band that I was in played "The Boy's are Back in Town".

Skynyrd was set to play Huntsville, Alabama, in the spring of '77, I had a ticket but it got cancelled.

So, the show, it was rescheduled for the "Street Survivors Tour".

And the rest, as they say, is history.

So I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads in '82

Right before that plane crash.

And I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw AC/DC

With Bon Scott singing, "Let There Be Rock Tour".

With Bon Scott singing, LET THERE BE ROCK!

Let There Be Rock by Drive-By Truckers

Words by Patterson Hood, music by Drive-By Truckers

From the album Southern Rock Opera

"A pretty damned autobiographical account of my teenaged years, and how partying and going to arena rock shows kept me from going off the deep end in high school.

-Patterson Hood

Edited by Jahfin

Here's a couple of really good ac dc shows .One with Bon Scott one with Brian Johnson AC DC Rocks.

My Favorite lp is Back in Black and my favorite song is You shook me all night long

after that Whole lotta Rosie .I just love that a guy as old as Angus can look decent wearing those shorts and he never slows down.

You have a great collection of ticket stubs. If I have time, I'll post more of mine tonight.

I've always enjoyed AC/DC. I enjoy bands with a bit of a stage gimmick(for lack of a better word). That schoolboy persona works.

Well Ms Honeydripper you dont strike me as the ACDC type. I like a few of their hits and play Back in Black on the guitar, but I must say, I doubt Id go out and buy and album or pay to see them live. To me they are more in the league of a Cheap Trick. Not as good as Rush, or Journey, or Black Sabbath/Ozzie or Aerosmith even. And not even on the same planet with the likes of Led Zeppelin. And if I did see them Id want to see the original. Now here comes a stupid question of the day. I cant remember how Bon Scott died? Can somene tell me???

Well, I'm full of surprises ;):P

AC/DC is very good!

But I don't think that their best album is Back In Black... I prefer " High Voltage" and " Let There Be Rock"... In my opiniom Bon is better than Brian, but

It's only an opiniom... The song of my heart is " Thunderstruck" .

You AC/DC fans should really watch AC/DC Live at Donington (if you haven't already). One hell of a concert ! Angus gives his best, rocking his heart out (literally).

And I'm a Bon Scott fan too! High Voltage is an excellent album!

I love songs like TNT, Problem Child, Whole Lotta Rosie, It's a long way to the top, Rock 'n' Roll singer, High Voltage (Scott era) and You shook me all night long, Back in black, Hell's bells, Who made who, Rock 'n' Roll ain't noise pollution, Thunderstruck (Johnson era).

And for those of you who haven't listen to it yet, you should check out Can I sit next to you girl? sung by Dave Evans (AC/DC's first vocalist). There's a very nice cover with Bon Scott too (you can find it on High Voltage album).

If you like Long Way To the Top be sure to check out the Nantucket album of the same name. They toured for quite sometime with both incarnations of AC/DC, the title track was done as a tribute to Bon Scott. Guitarist Tommy Redd contributes some very compelling stories about Nantucket's AC/DC touring days to the new book Let There Be Rock: The Story of AC/DC.

sleeve3.jpg

acdc-cover.jpg

acdc.jpg

Nantucket on tour with AC/DC

Edited by Jahfin

You have a great collection of ticket stubs. If I have time, I'll post more of mine tonight.

I've always enjoyed AC/DC. I enjoy bands with a bit of a stage gimmick(for lack of a better word). That schoolboy persona works.

Thanks a lot of miles and a lot of drugs .But i survived and guess what i still go to plenty of shows.

Ac dc is one of my favorite bands and they are definetly no Zeppelin but no one is.I agree with Miss Honeydripper and Mr Tull they Rock Rock ON

I was wondering if any of you are AC/DC fans as well? Zepp and AC/DC are my favorite bands at this very moment and I could listen to their songs for days.

Which are your fav. AC/DC songs? Did you see any of their concerts? What do you think about AC/DC's guitarist, Angus Young? Do you think Bon Scott was better than Brian Johnson?

I love AC/DC. I have just recently filled out my AC/DC collection. I have a ton of them on vinyl.

Some of my favorite songs are Jailbreak, Soul Stripper, Let Me Put My Love Into You, The entire Dirty Deeds Album, For Those About to Rock and Highway to Hell ;), Danger, etc. Too many more to mention.

Touch Too Much might be my favorite AC/DC song.

Never seen them live. :boohoo:

I do have a couple DVD's though.

Angus is wild man!

Yes, Bon Scott was better the Brian Johnson, IMO.

RIP Bon

My favourite DC studio albums are Let There Be Rock, Powerage, Highway To Hell & Back In Black.

If You Want Blood - You've Got It is one of my favourite live albums.

I've seen them twice. Once in 1996 in Nancy, France and at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 2001.

Along with Led Zeppelin IV, Back In Black was the first rock album I ever bought.

Edited by Ady

I remember AC/DC when they played at a small club in Sydney called Chequers.

They were the house band every Saturday night for months in 1974 - 75 before they were "discovered".

My good mate Mark and I would travel the 20 miles every week to check them out.

AC/DC went on to play the other "big venues" like The Bondi Lifesaver, The Stagedoor & Selinas etc.

One night the Lifesaver there was a band called Rose Tattoo playing featuring Pete Wells on slide guitar.

Pete was formerly the bass player for another good band called Buffalo.

Sadly, Pete passed away last year after battling prostate cancer.

Anyway midway through the set Angus & Bon joined in they all played some of the best "old" rock and roll since Zep.

That was in 1976 and I haven't seen them live again even to this day, they have played a couple of times since but there always seemed to be something else to do.

May be next time.

To me they were an ok band, but hardly legendary and better suited to small venues.

Mainly because they never mixed it up and played other styles.

IMHO they never really reached their potential.

I've watched the DVD's and witnessed all the stage effects but nothing new that hasn't been done before.

As someone pointed out earlier, Bon went the same way as Bonzo did.

Death by misadventure.

There's a lot of songs I love from AC/DC. My only gripe with this band is that they stick to one formula, and have never deviated from it. All their music is the same. A bit like Iron Maiden. Some really great numbers, but too many songs the same.

If you've heard one album, you've pretty well heard it all.

I think the Bon Scott era was overall the superior AC/DC. And they had a bit of variety with that line up. A better mix of slower and faster songs, and a bit more creativity, like the bagpipes in "It's a long way to the top". Even a ballad, (the name escapes me now, it's on the 'High Voltage' album).

And Bon Scott didn't suffer that horrible gravel voice of Brian Johnson. But still, many Johnson songs I enjoy.

If you like Long Way To the Top be sure to check out the Nantucket album of the same name. They toured for quite sometime with both incarnations of AC/DC, the title track was done as a tribute to Bon Scott. Guitarist Tommy Redd contributes some very compelling stories about Nantucket's AC/DC touring days to the new book Let There Be Rock: The Story of AC/DC.

sleeve3.jpg

acdc-cover.jpg

acdc.jpg

Nantucket on tour with AC/DC

Nantucket is one of my fave 70s band.....congrats mate...you've got GOOD TASTE!! :)

Well any trueblue aussie should love our national musical emblem....I grew up with the lads' music. I even met Bon and the boys way back when they were an obscure band called The Valentines in Sydneytown :).....they were "touring" the high schools and they showed up at OFHS (my high school near Wollongong on the S. Coast) for a gig. I remember shaking hands with a long skinny fellow called Bon Scott and talking to a little bloke called Angus Young......little did I know they would be in lights:). I can only be proud of AC/DC!!

ACDCLIVEpsychnegativeelectricbluepi.jpg

BONSCOTTACDCONFIRELOGO-1.jpg

This picture is said to be taken in and around Wollongong when the boys were about to become AC/DC...:)

ACDCearlypicwithAngusgettingthenoos.jpg

Edited by dragster

• 2 weeks later...

i love both of those bands and i am only 12 my mom says i am a 40 year old in a 12 year old's body also i race go karts on top of that

I remember AC/DC when they played at a small club in Sydney called Chequers.

They were the house band every Saturday night for months in 1974 - 75 before they were "discovered".

My good mate Mark and I would travel the 20 miles every week to check them out.

AC/DC went on to play the other "big venues" like The Bondi Lifesaver, The Stagedoor & Selinas etc.

One night the Lifesaver there was a band called Rose Tattoo playing featuring Pete Wells on slide guitar.

Pete was formerly the bass player for another good band called Buffalo.

Sadly, Pete passed away last year after battling prostate cancer.

Anyway midway through the set Angus & Bon joined in they all played some of the best "old" rock and roll since Zep.

That was in 1976 and I haven't seen them live again even to this day, they have played a couple of times since but there always seemed to be something else to do.

May be next time.

To me they were an ok band, but hardly legendary and better suited to small venues.

Mainly because they never mixed it up and played other styles.

IMHO they never really reached their potential.

I've watched the DVD's and witnessed all the stage effects but nothing new that hasn't been done before.

As someone pointed out earlier, Bon went the same way as Bonzo did.

Death by misadventure.

I think the 90s' hit them in the face pretty hard and so did bon scott dying