Led Zeppelin in Las Vegas?

albionremain

It's on the first page of the thread and at the following link.

ledzeppelin.com/show/august-11-1969

...tks for posting this link E.L...I have read this already, sorry, I meant the Elvis Site....I was reading/looking at photos on Elvis Site for any Zep/Las Vegas Connection...Elvis Associate Jerry Schilling seems to be intriguing.... :D

P.S. there is no chance of Jimmy/Elvis Photo, as Miss P. writes, see Previous Post, Jimmy did not want to meet Elvis...I doubt he met him in 1969.... :D :D

Edited by PlanetPage

There was an apparent meeting in 1974.

Jimmy Page—who had first picked up a guitar after hearing 'Baby Let's Play House' on overseas radio—began to fidget. What was going on? Did he really want to meet them? Should they say something? Elvis finally turned to them. 'Is it true', he said, 'these stories about you boys on the road?' Plant answered, 'Of course not. We're family men. I get the most pleasure out of walking the hotel corridors, singing your songs'. Plant offered his best Elvis impersonation. 'Treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruuuuel, but looooove me...'. For a moment Elvis Presley eyed them both very carefully. Then he burst out laughing. Then his bodyguards burst out laughing. For two hours he entertained them in his suite. He had never heard their records, he said, except for when his stepbrother played him 'Stairway to Heaven'. 'I liked it', said Presley. Later, walking down the hallway from the hotel room, Page and Plant congratulated themselves on a two-hour meeting with the King. 'Hey', came a voice from behind them. Presley had poked his head out the door. 'Treat me like fooool...'.

elvis.com.au/presley/music/led_zeppelin_meet_elvis

It is possible that some avid collector of Elvis Presley memorabilia may have a photo.

It's hard to say.

Edited by eternal light

Guitarworld 1986 Jimmy Page Special Issue....

Rodney Bingenheimer......... Re: Page/Led Zep... Las Vegas 1969

"He was always looking for a lot of weird guitars: every kind of antique guitar there ever was he'd collect.

And of course he was a big Elvis fan. I arranged for him and the whole band to go to Las Vegas and go to the OPENING OF ELVIS PRESLEY. On each table was a boxed set of Elvis Presley records called 1969 which now go for $500. They each got one of those little boxes and they got to meet Elvis."

Elvis Time Line.......

Elvis Presley Concert - July 31 1969 International Hotel Las Vegas NV OPENING (10.15pm) 2200 First Black Two-Piece Suit

http://elvis-las-vegas.110mb.com/html/las_vegas_1969.html

Zep Time line........

Led Zep Salt Lake City July 30,1969.........Elvis Opening Night July 31, 1969/Vegas

http://ledzeppelin.com/timeline/1969?page=4

It looks like I'm with the Band Pam Debarres Entry is referring to this Opening Night...(See previous post I'm with the Band....)

The Black Suit.....Elvis Wore.... (This fits with Pam's Entry as above/also confirmed by Elvis Timeline on his Site....

I will Scan the Article in Entourage Thread ............(Master Forum)

Edited by PlanetPage

Blocoboy has posted a fascinating discovery to this thread that places Led Zeppelin in

Las Vegas in 1969! Accordingly, I'd now like to suggest the band may have attended Elvis' midnight concert immediately following their own Las Vegas gig or that the next day Robert (and perhaps JPJ & Bonzo) attended Elvis' 8:15pm concert while Jimmy was in NYC for the day working on 'Led Zeppelin II' before flying back to rejoin the group in Los Angeles.

.....See Post Above....

August 11, 1969 concert....and Elvis Opening Night July 31, 1969....Vegas X 2

Edited by PlanetPage

Still wondering if they may have met him on August 11 or 12.

...always a possibility...but I think they" may" have not any Elvis connection on 11/12 Aug'69 dates...highly likely the first Opening Night...(which Page "changed" his mind, according to "P") :D

.....addendum

Blocoboy has entered a advertisement/article see previous post (dated August 16,1969)....further,

I am With The Band, Miss P. made this entry on July 31, 1969 (She is bit off on her journal enteries)

July 31....Jimmy Page is coming to town today............

When Led Zeppelin was due to hit town, the groupie section went into the highest gear imaginable........

Thee Experience was reeling as Bo Diddley took over.........I was all in white......waiting nonchalantly for Led Zeppelin to arrive...

Robert Plant was first to Enter, followed by Richard Cole, I was noticing the whole group, except for Page....

IMO.. they went to see Elvis in Vegas July 31, 1969 (following the Salt Lake City concert July 30, 1969), arranged by Rodney B and "probably" met Elvis, at least once on this occasion.... :D (Miss P. joined them seprately from L.A.....looks like...)

Edited by PlanetPage

The ONLY possibility within that month is August 11th.

On August 12th Jimmy flew to New York to mix Led Zeppelin II at A&R studios. His flight landed at JFK International and he was supposed to have been met by Peter Grant and journalist Ritchie Yorkie but the times were two hours off and they weren't there so Jimmy took a cab to the studio.

At the studio, Jimmy and Eddie Kramer completed the mixing of 'Bring It On Home' and the playback for 'Living Loving Maid', 'Heartbreaker' and 'What Is And What Should Never Be'. Having listened to the playback, Jimmy, Peter and Ritchie conversed for some time.

Jimmy was flown from JFK International to LAX that night, and he rejoined the band at their hotel, the Continental Hyatt House on the Sunset Strip.

Where things get mysterious (IMHO) is Jimmy's outbound flight to New York apparently transited Salt Lake City. One would think had he originated from Los Angeles it would

have been a direct flight to New York. Perhaps he originated from Las Vegas on a flight

with a stop-over in Salt Lake City?

The possibility they played Las Vegas on August 11th 1969 is suddenly very real!

Edit: Their next date was August 13th in Lubbock, TX. Unsure why Las Vegas Weekly

mentions Phoenix. That is clearly incorrect.

I have read that at least some of the band saw Elvis perform in Las Vegas in August 1969.

Sorry, never mind i just noticed that being mentioned. But i don't think it could have been July 31 because Elvis' opening night was invitation only.

Edited by spats

I have read that at least some of the band saw Elvis perform in Las Vegas in August 1969.

Sorry, never mind i just noticed that being mentioned. But i don't think it could have been July 31 because Elvis' opening night was invitation only.

...July 31, 1969 ---- It is stated that Led Zeppelin - all of them attended the Opening Night, as per Rodney's statement "excerpt"....See Post #53 above.....July 31, 1969 was night off for Zep...they went to Vegas... See Zep Time Line... :D

(see also Miss P's entry/post - she joined them)

IMO Zep may not have any connection to Elvis on 11/12 - 11th being their concert.....12?...I wonder if they seen Elvis once July 31, would they go again so soon....?

...another thing, Blocoboy Posted a copy of printed news which places Zep in Vegas in 1969...the date of publication is just too close to the concert dates of 11/12....IMO Robert is calling the Press/Editor after July 31 - seen Elvis... :D

(correction - should read on or/before July 31 - about to leave to see Elvis)....doesn't effect the timeline...

Edited by PlanetPage

Mr Jones suggested I post this ..it may be of interest..published in NME dated 16 th August 1969

nmelz16aug1969001.jpg

I'm flogging the original NME on Ebay at the moment if anyones interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=220431623343

and this....

....Robert Plant is being interviewed about Elvis only....Plant DOES NOT make any comment about their own concert on August 11, 1969...which further leads to speculation that this article is indeed referring to July 31, 1969 opening night..... :D

also the date of publication, August 16, 1969 is just too close to the Concert Date August 11, 1969. :D

There have been some fantastic contributions made to this thread, and I applaud those who took the the effort to do so. It does seem they attended the Elvis show in Vegas on 7/31, and remains likely but arguable Led Zeppelin returned to perform in Vegas on 8/11.

Edited by SteveAJones

Jimmy didn't have a day off between August 7th & 12th unless he did NOT play Las Vegas on the 11th.

.... Ritchie Yorkie said Jimmy flew to NYC on 8/12 via Salt Lake City to work on LZ II mixes and flew back to LA that night.

IMO

Zep has two vegas dates Elvis show July 31, 1969...and their own concert Ice Palace Aug. 11 (two parallel events) - I doubt very much they would go to see Elvis so soon, but highly likely they performed....

IMO

Since Rodney B. stayed in Vegas Aug. 1 see photo Elvis Press Conference/First Concert....(The Band left Vegas this date), given Rodney's high profile celebrity status he may have arranged the Aug. 11 date.

Robert spoke with the NME Editor BEFORE VEGAS (ABOUT TO SEE ELVIS)...the future date has not taken shape yet, otherwise Robert would have mentioned it....for this matter, it would be interesting to see subsequent NME publications for the month of August to see if Robert had called thereon or not....as he appears to very fond of calling the publication...

Further, if Management for Rodney B. can be contacted, that would provide most excellent proof... (Rodney remembers meeting Elvis to date on Aug. 1, 1969)...

Remembering Elvis: Rodney Bingenheimer (pictured far left) still looks back fondly to the time he and Screaming Lord Sutch (next to Elvis) went to Las Vegas to meet Elvis Presley. "Elvis introduced me to Frank Sinatra," Bingenheimer recalls. "We were at this party upstairs at the International Hotel. Frank Sinatra comes walking in and Elvis says, 'Have you met Rodney?'" It's a faintly comic image,

Roney with Elvis Press Conference Aug 1 1969 Vegas

lordsutch.jpg

Miss P...I am with Band..

August 12....Anaheim Stadium, 8,500 screaming raging people, a twenty five minute standing ovation...........Jimmy and I smoked and drank at the The Ex and went back to the hotel....

........We're off to Vegas now to see Mr. Presley.........

We stayed in the elegant suite with a king-sized bed up on a platform, and sat right in the front row to see the King reclaim his throne. He was wearing black leather and looked like ten gree Gods as he tore through "Love me Tender,"Don't be cruel, and jailhouse rock.".........He was sweating, he was in the flesh, he was alive, inhaling and exhaling. And there I was in Vegas, breathing the same air as Elvis Presley, sitting with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, completely and entirely beside myself. Some sideburned grease monkey appeared after the show, asking Jimmy if he would like to meet Elvis. He said "No", thank you," and I never quite got over it....

Prior to August 12, and after August 6...she also writes....On his day off, we stayed in my bedroom, listening to the test pressing of Led Zeppelin II over and over again while he took reams of notes.........

not edited...

anaheim69ad.jpg

Led Zeppelin has never played at Anaheim (Angels) Stadium, and the only venue they have done in Anaheim was the Convention Center on August 9, 1969.

However, John Paul Jones has played in concert at the House of Blues in Anaheim, with Mutual Admiration Society.

anaheim69ad.jpg

Led Zeppelin has never played at Anaheim (Angels) Stadium, and the only venue they have done in Anaheim was the Convention Center on August 9, 1969.

However, John Paul Jones has played in concert at the House of Blues in Anaheim, with Mutual Admiration Society.

E.L. you are right, I just looked at the Timeline on the Official Site....nevertheless, the dates of the journal entries from Pamela Debarres are also out of order at certain places...see this thread for instance.....it looks like she is solely thinking about Page... :D

...interesting though, she mentions earlier going to see Elvis with Led Zep, one would think she would include photo of Elvis meeting her on Elvis Opening Night, in her book I'M With The Band, there is no such photo, Elvis being the King, one would think of a such a photo...

IMO since Page refused the opportunity to meet Elvis initially, no body went to meet The King that night...Elvis could be busy too, but then again she says "I never quite got over it" upon Page's refusal....mystery

E.L. you are right, I just looked at the Timeline on the Official Site....nevertheless, the dates of the journal entries from Pamela Debarres are also out of order at certain places...see this thread for instance.....it looks like she is solely thinking about Page... :D

...interesting though, she mentions earlier going to see Elvis with Led Zep, one would think she would include photo of Elvis meeting her on Elvis Opening Night, in her book I'M With The Band, there is no such photo, Elvis being the King, one would think of a such a photo...

IMO since Page refused the opportunity to meet Elvis initially, no body went to meet The King that night...Elvis could be busy too, but then again she says "I never quite got over it" upon Page's refusal....mystery

Jimmy may have not wanted to meet him that night because Elvis may have not lived up to Jimmy's expectations. You can build up one of you're heros in your head and then you meet them and it could be a disappointment. Although he changed his mind a couple years later. Mick Jagger turned down the opportunity to meet Elvis for that reason. He was afraid it would be a letdown.

Jimmy may have not wanted to meet him that night because Elvis may have not lived up to Jimmy's expectations. You can build up one of you're heros in your head and then you meet them and it could be a disappointment. Although he changed his mind a couple years later. Mick Jagger turned down the opportunity to meet Elvis for that reason. He was afraid it would be a letdown.

You most certainly have a valid point there....musicians do have their own reasons as they are competing with each other for fame/fortune...but Jimmy made the effort to attend Elvis show, so why not just meet him?....I think Jimmy at times can be "arrogant"/choosy...Part of me questions (that night) that perhaps he was young hot/upcoming rock star who couldn't care less for Elvis, an accomplished musician at that time....but I am glad Jimmy got over it ....I hope he can even continue his much laid back career with some CREATIVE Elvis tunes with blues feelings....Robert indicates that Him and Jimmy use to sing Elvis tunes at sound checks....well, Jimmy can do that for real now...I wouldn't mind.... :D

anyhow a picture would have most certainly made this thread lot easier..... :elvis:

I never could figure out why Jimmy flew to New York from Salt Lake City but if he did

not depart from Los Angeles he may have needed a connecting flight. All I can do at

this point is implore any forum members with access to Las Vegas newspaper archives

(public library) to scour the week of August 11th 1969 for mention of a Led Zeppelin

performance at the Ice Palace (advertisement, review, news item, gig listing). At this

moment it remains unconfirmed officially.

He told me not to tell. :D

J/K.... It's highly likely he was flying Hughes Air West out of Vegas. That airline had flights only in the west. I flew LA via Vegas several times. And the SLC International Airport was one of the few then with direct flights to NYC.

That was a great airline. Free champange...all you could drink. That's where I met Wolfman Jack, and after all that champange wound up on his lap. :lol: He departed in Vegas, while I went on to LA.

* I'm going to scour our papers one of these days soon, for my own "proof" of a few things.*

It does seem they attended the Elvis show in Vegas on 7/31, and remains likely but arguable Led Zeppelin returned to perform in Vegas on 8/11.

SAJ...This is to confirm that Las Vegas Concert Date is July 31, 1969 (NOT AUGUST 11, 1969)

I have the dates confirmed with proof from Eddie Kramer direct quote/interview from Guitar world Magazine 1986...(see link in this forum already scanned). It is a widely known fact on the Internet also that Led Zep II was mixed just in two days over a weekend....

DIRECT QUOTE FROM EDDIE KRAMER/EXCERPT:

"WE PUT EVERY THING TOGETHER AND I MIXED LED ZEPPELIN II IN ONE "WEEKEND" IN NEW YORK"

I WORKED OUT THE WEEKEND AS FOLLOWS:

Starting with August 9, 1969 Saturday, August 10, 1969 Sun

August 11, 1969 Monday

August 12, 1969 Tuesday

August 13, 1969 Wedenesday

(These dates cannot be it - "weekdays" if Jimmy flew to N.Y. on August 11/12 as suggested with Ritchie York)....clearly this is illogical (Jimmy arriving Tues/Wed.)

The REAL DATE:

Starting with July 31, 1969 Thursday Vegas/Elvis Opening Night

August 1, 1969 Friday Date: Jimmy flew out of Vegas to NEW

YORK/Band back to SanDiego

AUGUST 2, 1969 SATURDAY**

AUGUST 3, 1969 SUNDAY**

** (weekend Eddie Kramer states mixing of Led Zep II)

August 4, 1969 MONDAY.. 5th tues. 6th wed. 7th thurs. 8th fri.(see top)

On FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 1969 upon arrival in New York from VEGAS/Via Salt-Lake City, Jimmy did his part with Kramer, and flew from N.Y. back to Sandiego (SAME DAY) FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 1969 to join band that night....and Eddie Kramer clearly mixed LED ZEP II on the WEEKEND....

Band MUST HAVE Performed as they arrived from Salt Lake City into Vegas On Thursday, July 31, 1969 - later same night THEY went to see Elvis with Rodney/Miss P. Joining them LATER - Miss P. does not mention this fact in her Vegas Entry (see her entry previous post) because she was NOT present at this concert, she only joined the band for Elvis Purpose....from looks of this The Band had performed already. (also this concert is sudden appearance date, irrelevant to Miss P. to mention in entry - BECAUSE - **Clearly Robert Plant has no idea that they will be performing in Vegas on July 31, 1969 when he is calling the NME EXPRESS on or just before July 31, 1969 HE SIMPLY SAYS "ABOUT TO SEE ELVIS" - ) SEE blocoboy's NME scan....ealier post

SAJ - Your Conducted Interview Matches the New York Date:

Q: After your performance, did you stay to observe Led Zeppelin's set? We're you at all familiar with their debut album? Jimmy Page's reputation as a guitarist?

Were you aware he was departing for New York the next day to continue his work on Led Zeppelin II?

A: After we got out of our white Brioni suits we snuck back out to watch Zeppelin from the back of the bleachers. We had heard the debut album and were aware of Jimmy's rep as a picker (he lived up to it). Having had James Burton, Jerry Cole, Glen Campbell, Tommy Tedesco, Bobby Cochran, Kent Henry, Jose Feliciano, and Dink Kaplan play with me in the past I was always very conscious of great guitarists.

"We too were departing for New York that night, only we were doing it in a Ford Van. "

(as the opening band is **driving, leaving that night...)

...so this is the final outcome for the WEEKEND, EDDIE KRAMER IS REFERRING TO....

Here is Eddie Kramer's Interview/Proof:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=10606

....From this proof, there is no concert/performance on August 11, 1969 in Las Vegas, Ice Palace

Edited by PlanetPage

SAJ...This is to confirm that Las Vegas Concert Date is July 31, 1969 (NOT AUGUST 11, 1969)...(edit)

I'd like to agree their Las Vegas concert could have been 7/31/69 and they may have gone to see Elvis afterward, however Pam also claimed Jimmy had Richard Cole sent a note to her at Thee Experience while she was watching Bo Diddley perform (7/31/69). She claims Jimmy called her the next morning from the Continental Hyatt House in L.A. to inquire why she didn't come over to see him and then invited her to that night's concert in Santa Barbara (8/1/69), which began their relationship. Obviously, if her recollection is correct she could not possibly have gone to the Presley concert with him (or them) on 7/31.

Insofar as Kramer's claims, he may have mixed it over a weekend, but we know for certain Jimmy was present for just a few hours (per Yorkie's first-hand account) and

there's no reason why his involvement could not have taken place during the week.

Very much a mystery in progress and I think we are getting ever closer to resolution.

I'd like to agree their Las Vegas concert could have been 7/31/69 and they may have gone to see Elvis afterward, however Pam also claimed Jimmy had Richard Cole sent a note to her at Thee Experience while she was watching Bo Diddley perform (7/31/69). She claims Jimmy called her the next morning from the Continental Hyatt House in L.A. to inquire why she didn't come over to see him and then invited her to that night's concert in Santa Barbara (8/1/69), which began their relationship. Obviously, if her recollection is correct she could not possibly have gone to the Presley concert with him (or them) on 7/31.

Insofar as Kramer's claims, he may have mixed it over a weekend, but we know for certain Jimmy was present for just a few hours (per Yorkie's first-hand account) and

there's no reason why his involvement could not have taken place during the week.

Very much a mystery in progress and I think we are getting ever closer to resolution.

And then I saw Led Zeppelin for the first time on August 9 that year, only 8 days later, about 2 months after the appearance on French TV in Paris on June 19.

:cheer:

:D

Edited by eternal light

(confusing)

.....Her Elvis description is remarkably accurate for the Opening Night (The Black Suit)...The set list too is accurate in sequence in according to her diary... "he tore through Love me Tender," "Don't be Cruel," and Jailhouse Rock."

http://www.elvisnews.com/encyclopedia.aspx...-night-1969/261

....Rodney B. places the Band in Vegas July 31, 1969...Robert Plant also calls the NME Musical "Going to See Elvis"....Rodney B. is at the Press Conference/Elvis Aug. 1 (see picture)...

The entire Band had to be in Vegas on July 31 (Thurs.)...She could not have witnessed them entering at Thee Ex. on July 31...

**One thing I noted on Pam's July 31, 1969 Journal Entry anyhow, she fails to witness Peter Grant entering...the whole Band and Richard Cole, (except for Page **understood)...

**she must have witnessed the Band as above, but closer to July 31, 1969....

Was Peter in New York with Kramer (***Kramer is hired by Weiss and I like to think they are pressed for time/release- Page's delivery of Led Zep II is crucial at this point in time)

......... As discussed earlier in this thread,

Her August 12, 1969 Entry is inaccurate...Zep was in Ananheim on Aug. 9, 1969

As for Vegas Entry on August 12....she states "We are off to Vegas..." she appears to put herself in the same place/timeframe with Zep....then there is no evidence of Possible Ice Palace date...

...later..

As for Kramer, the other link I posted, Eddie K. alludes to Page and I put together on one weekend....

:elvis: ...later...

Edited by PlanetPage

....Rodney B. places the Band in Vegas July 31, 1969...Robert Plant also calls the NME Musical "Going to See Elvis"....Rodney B. is at the Press Conference/Elvis Aug. 1 (see picture)...

You've raised some valid points and some of the dots seem to connect. I wish we could

find something to substantiate the recollections of Chain, Bingenheimer and DesBarres.

I can see where Jimmy would decline to meet Presley if he knew he (Page) had an early flight to NYC to catch the next morning.

You've raised some valid points and some of the dots seem to connect. I wish we could

find something to substantiate the recollections of Chain, Bingenheimer and DesBarres.

I can see where Jimmy would decline to meet Presley if he knew he (Page) had an early flight to NYC to catch the next morning.

....NME Express - Reference to Blocoboy's scanned article, NME - weekly publication....

Robert's Article in Index - Aug. 2, 1969 Issue No. 1183 (America Calling)

**Blocoboy's scanned article starts with "Robert Plant called this week...."

NME July issue ends with July 26, 1969....begins with First Issue with Aug. 2 ...

This places July 31/Aug. 1 in first week of publication...

There is no Zep reference in Aug. 16,1969 Issue No. 1184...

http://www.skidmore.edu/~gthompso/britrock/NME/nme6908.htm

The date of Blocoboy's scanned is pertinent to next Issue No. 1184 - August 16 Week Issue...

reiterate: NME is published weekly...Robert's article appeared in the FIRST Issue of August, 1969, Publication is dated Aug. 2, 1969....

- There is no other reference to ZEP in Aug./Sept...

**Although Pam's recollection is mostly accurate, the dates are conflicting...Peter Grant is notably missing when the Band arrives close to July, 1969 dates @ The Ex...highly likely he is in New York/Kramer...as Grant is to receive Page at Airport/New York....

**The promotional CD's/T-shirts, etc...is also mentioned in Elvis/Vegas Opening Night July 31, 1969 Thurs via his fan club...(proof/stated by Bingenh.) -see his statement in Entourage Thread... (Rodney clearly states the Band received CD special set, which now sells for $500, back in '86 that is)

Elvis Set/List Stage Attire - For August 11/12, needs to be established (I have noticed White also on certain dates, but unable to establish for specific dates...As you know Pam describes Elvis's Black Suit and his songs in her journal entry....this could be helpful....granted, setlist/attire could be duplicated, but confirmation is helpful)

***BUT as I estbalished earlier, her description does matches the opening night in every way....

(Peter Grant's whereabouts/info. for Aug. 11/12 would helpful, clearly if he is not in New York, then Page wouldn't have travelled this date, as Grant would have received him....

**If possible, ever gracious Chain could be verified for any references to Elvis that night***

Edited by PlanetPage

Pamela DeBarres - I'm With The Band Page 152

April 28, 1969 Entry - ........P.S. Big news....Led Zeppelin are arriving tomorrow...

The next night my dear Mercy accompanied me to the Whiskey to see Led Zeppelin.................After this thrilling display we made our way to Thee Experience, Jimmy Page sat apart from it all, observing the scne as if he had imagined it;

May 8, 1969 - I took my country fiddle and left the sleazy temptations of Hollywood to Led Zeppelin's roadies............

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ledzeppel...lin-in-america/

"The first time they came to town they hung out at this place called Thee Experience," recounts Pamela DesBarres. "We went there and saw a fantastic guy--Bo Diddley was there--and they were all there,

......."I noticed he was just watching and trying to get me to grin at him and everything, but I was trying to ignore him." Ever the smoothie, Page sent over infamous road manager Richard Cole to do his bidding--handing DesBarres a note revealing the guitarist's room number at the Continental Hyatt House on Sunset Strip. "I guess he thought that I would show up there, which I didn't," says she. "That always made you intriguing to whoever it was."

Pamela DeBarres - I'm With The Band Page 152

April 28, 1969 Entry - ........P.S. Big news....Led Zeppelin are arriving tomorrow...

The next night my dear Mercy accompanied me to the Whiskey to see Led Zeppelin.................After this thrilling display we made our way to Thee Experience, Jimmy Page sat apart from it all, observing the scne as if he had imagined it;

May 8, 1969 - I took my country fiddle and left the sleazy temptations of Hollywood to Led Zeppelin's roadies............

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ledzeppel...lin-in-america/

"The first time they came to town they hung out at this place called Thee Experience," recounts Pamela DesBarres. "We went there and saw a fantastic guy--Bo Diddley was there--and they were all there,

......."I noticed he was just watching and trying to get me to grin at him and everything, but I was trying to ignore him." Ever the smoothie, Page sent over infamous road manager Richard Cole to do his bidding--handing DesBarres a note revealing the guitarist's room number at the Continental Hyatt House on Sunset Strip. "I guess he thought that I would show up there, which I didn't," says she. "That always made you intriguing to whoever it was."

Ok, the first thing is this essentially seals the deal on accurately placing when they

as well as Pam were in attendance at the Bo Diddley gig -- April 1969, not August.

Further support: Jimmy said they went to Los Angeles for three days in April 1969 (apparently 4/29 thru 5/1 with a gig in Pasadena the night of May 1) to work on the second album at Mirror Sound and /or Gold Star and Pam's account fits squarely

within that time frame.

Secondly, the preponderance of the evidence essentially seals the deal on accurately

placing when they as well as Pam (and Bingenheimer) attended Elvis in Las Vegas -- 7/31/69 and possibly, but unlikely, immediately before or after a performance of their

own in Las Vegas.

Given they played Santa Barbara on 8/1 it's possible, though highly unlikely, Jimmy

flew to NYC and back to work on the album on that date. So the possibility of him

having done so on 8/12 after performing in Las Vegas on 8/11 remains open. FWIW,

Peter was in fact already in NYC and did not return with Jimmy to Los Angeles. If

Peter flew to NYC from Salt Lake City (or LA) on 8/11 (no Las Vegas gig?) or 8/12

and rejoined the group in Lubbock, TX on 8/13 he would not have missed any gigs.