Led Zeppelin in Las Vegas?

albionremain

The entry you posted was from "who dated who":

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities/co...-jimmy-page.htm. It says that Page stayed at Catherine's house the first TWO nights after Led Zeppelin's debut. Then it says that Page & Pamela's relationship started at the Hyatt House after the band went up to San Francisco. That could possibly be interpreted that he spent the third (or even fourth) night in L.A. at the Hyatt House with Pamela, and went up to San Francisco later. After all, he did have a few days between the 1/5/69 LA show and the 1/9/69 SF shows.

Led Zeppelin's flight from Seattle arrived LAX on 1/2/69 and they were booked into the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Blvd. My notes show Alice Cooper was the opening act for

four dates: 1/2,3,4,& 5 offering other leads. I show only the second set on 1/2/69 was cancelled (Jimmy having the fever of 104 degrees after traveling from frigid cold Seattle). In other words, they did perform each of the four nights but cut it short the

first night. I could be wrong (but this was a critical market/engagement for the band).

Insofar as having a few days between the 1/5/69 LA show and the 1/9 San Fran gig,

I show Jimmy, Robert, Bonzo and Pam were all at Thee Experience on the night of Sun,

1/5 but the band left on 1/6 for San Fran in a station wagon with Richard Cole driving.

It seems Jimmy may have gone to Catherine's despite not feeling well, but he did retain his room at the Chateau Marmont, substantiated by the Norwood Price visit.

Edited by SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin's flight from Seattle arrived LAX on 1/2/69 and they were booked into the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Blvd. My notes show Alice Cooper was the opening act for

four dates: 1/2,3,4,& 5 offering other leads. I show only the second set on 1/2/69 was cancelled (Jimmy having the fever of 104 degrees after traveling from frigid cold Seattle). In other words, they did perform each of the four nights but cut it short the

first night. I could be wrong (but this was a critical market/engagement for the band).

Insofar as having a few days between the 1/5/69 LA show and the 1/9 San Fran gig,

I show Jimmy, Robert, Bonzo and Pam were all at Thee Experience on the night of Sun,

1/5 but the band left on 1/6 for San Fran in a station wagon with Richard Cole driving.

It seems Jimmy may have gone to Catherine's despite not feeling well, but he did retain his room at the Chateau Marmont, substantiated by the Norwood Price visit.

I was really just trying to confirm that Pamela went to the Whisky shows in Hollywood in January 1969, not April 28th, as was recorded in her journal. Therefore, there's a possibility, however remote, that the woman in the photo watching Jimmy could have been her.

Edited by mikezep61

I was really just trying to confirm that Pamela went to the Whisky shows in Hollywood in January 1969, not April 28th, as was recorded in her journal. Therefore, there's a possibility, however remote, that the woman in the photo watching Jimmy could have been her.

....agreed, I follow and understand your time line....and when I earlier said that Jimmy did connect with both of them back and forth...He dated each of them individually, in two different years...(sorry for the quick entry) :slapface:

Here is Page Score Card

Page/Catherine Date/break up....late '68 (Know each other since Yardbirds)

Page/Pamela Notice each other Whiskey Jan/69 (they are present in same venue, but there is NO communication reported as per Pamela in I'm With The Band)

Pamela/Jimmy OFFICIAL face to face meeting Aug. 1, 1969 Earl Warrens Show Ground, as she reports in I'm with the Band (On July31 at Thee Ex...Pam refuses to meet Jimmy back at Hyatt)

Page does visit Catherine in '71 approx. ....as she writes in her book...Jimmy called her after couple of years....

further, in fact, Page and Catherine met again as late as '94...she claims ...and that's the last time I met the ever dazzling Page...

Oh.....the Score Card......... :D

(so far there are only two of them, girls...For I like him too, then see what happens..he would circle the Globe, spinning......then how many dates....... :D :D

;)

The woman in the Photos does indeed look like Pamela....but important to know they never met until Aug. 1, 1969... :D :D

Edited by PlanetPage

...mikezep61, thank you for clearing this fact for me to understand the chronological dates more accurately...thank you again...

***Yes, the girl does look Pamela...I was also thinking that Catherine James does have straight hair, all of her pictures...it's more like Pamela...right you are....... :D :D

• 1 month later...
All that's left to do here is further substantiate a Led Zeppelin concert at the Ice Palace in Las Vegas on 7/31/69. I intend to contact Rodney Bingenheimer to see what, if anything, he can add to Michael Chain's recollections about this gig. If Rodney went he may well have saved the stub as he has quite a collection of music memrobilia.

....Any new details/Info. or possibility of in your judgement?

tks.

Thanks for asking, but nothing new to report as of yet. It's been a hectic summer!

Re: August 12, 1969 Entry (previous posts)....Off to Vegas....

UPDATES - TODAY:

VERY GRACIOUS MS. PAMELA DEBARRES...HER RESPONSES VIA -EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM HER OFFICIAL SITE:

WE stayed at the HIlton Hotel that night FOR SURE! I don't remember what Jimmy did once we got back to L.A. the next day for certain...

Richard was there, yes, I have no idea where they went afterwards...we stayed in a suite at thehotel, we all did that night...and flew back to LA the next day.

Re: July 31, 1969 - Led Zep arriving (from where/City?) at Thee Experience Night - ?

Hi there,

I did see Elvis with Led Zep and as you might recall in Band, I sat in the front row with Jimmy & Robert...and Peter Grant...I saw him again with Michael in early '77.

I believe that was the first time they saw Elvis in concert as well..so I don't think that earlier date is accurate...

XOP

- HI, since I met them that night I have no idea what they were doing the day or night before...sorry,

P

(she is referring to July 31, 1969)

Added:

Regardless Elvis Connection...the Las Vegas Possibility remains open.(NIGHT OFF FOR ZEP/ and Mark Chain's recollection)...Ms. Debarres does not now where they might have arrived from July 31, 1969 at Thee Ex...(Note, Zep was in Salt Lake City July 30th...perhaps their travel can be tracked)......

ADDED:

Earlier it was confirmed that Peter Grant was in fact in New York on August 12 in addition to other nights, but according to Miss Debarres he saw Elvis on August 12...In this case, Peter may have flown from New York to Vegas and arrived with EVERYBODY in L.A., then departed to New York via separate available flight than Page (in this way Grant is able to receive Page as originally documented - Grant is suppost to receive Page at New York Airport)...**Page came back to L.A. Same night...

Added:

...Ms. Debarres confirms she only went to see Elvis with ZEP...there was no ZEP Concert on August 12, 1969 in Vegas...

Edited by PlanetPage

Re: August 12, 1969 Entry (previous posts)....Off to Vegas....

UPDATES - TODAY:

VERY GRACIOUS MS. PAMELA DEBARRES...HER RESPONSES VIA -EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM HER OFFICIAL SITE:

WE stayed at the HIlton Hotel that night FOR SURE! I don't remember what Jimmy did once we got back to L.A. the next day for certain...

Richard was there, yes, I have no idea where they went afterwards...we stayed in a suite at thehotel, we all did that night...and flew back to LA the next day.

Re: July 31, 1969 - Led Zep arriving (from where/City?) at Thee Experience Night - ?

Hi there,

I did see Elvis with Led Zep and as you might recall in Band, I sat in the front row with Jimmy & Robert...and Peter Grant...I saw him again with Michael in early '77.

I believe that was the first time they saw Elvis in concert as well..so I don't think that earlier date is accurate...

XOP

- HI, since I met them that night I have no idea what they were doing the day or night before...sorry,

P

(she is referring to July 31, 1969)

Added:

Regardless Elvis Connection...the Las Vegas Possibility remains open.(NIGHT OFF FOR ZEP/ and Mark Chain's recollection)...Ms. Debarres does not now where they might have arrived from July 31, 1969 at Thee Ex...(Note, Zep was in Salt Lake City July 30th...perhaps their travel can be tracked)......

ADDED:

Earlier it was confirmed that Peter Grant was in fact in New York on August 12 in addition to other nights, but according to Miss Debarres he saw Elvis on August 12...In this case, Peter may have flown from New York to Vegas and arrived with EVERYBODY in L.A., then departed to New York via separate available flight than Page (in this way Grant is able to receive Page as originally documented - Grant is suppost to receive Page at New York Airport)...**Page came back to L.A. Same night...

Added:

...Ms. Debarres confirms she only went to see Elvis with ZEP...there was no ZEP Concert on August 12, 1969 in Vegas...

Outstanding and thanks so much for sharing! Hats off and thanks to Miss Pamela too!

Jimmy didn't have a day off between August 7th & 12th unless he did NOT play Las Vegas on the 11th.

Pam is incorrect about Anaheim on 8/12, it was 8/9 and Ritchie Yorkie said Jimmy flew to NYC on 8/12 via Salt Lake City to work on LZ II mixes and flew back to LA that night.

If Pam is correct about having stayed the night in Vegas with Jimmy, it must have been

either 8/11 or 8/12 as they played Lubbock, TX on 8/13. It's interesting she does not

mention Led Zeppelin having played in Las Vegas. The mystery continues...

[b]Mystery Solved: Vegas DATE: JULY 31, 1969 Ice Palace (as stated before) Update from Ms. Debarres received:

Q. DID PAGE TRAVEL WITH YOU TO VEGAS ON THE AUG. 12....? YES OR NO...

Debarres Reply: Yes, I traveled with Page...P.

Stephen Davis - Hammer of Gods (duplicated book info from R. York'76) Page#95.....

...Jimmy's schedule got to be insane. For one mixing session in New York, Peter Grant and a journalist drove out to the airport to pick up Jimmy, who was FLYING IN FROM A ZEPPELIN DATE IN SALT LAKE CITY to mix at A&R studio. After the session Jimmy would fly immediately back to L.A. so he could rejoin the tour in Phoenix the day after that. Peter and Jimmy were usually togetheron the road, and Peter was upset when they got to the Airport and found that Jimmy's had come in early and he has already left for the studio

As it is proven, Jimmy flew to Vegas with official proof from Miss Pamela via-email on August 12...(it would be illogical to have concert in Vegas Aug. 11 and fly back same night to L.A. - Shortage of time beyond reasonable doubt...travel will elapse on to next day)

Jimmy flew in from Salt Lake City Concert date which is on July 30, 1969. The Las Vegas concert must be on July 31 (as per previous comments -stand correct). The Las Vegas Concert is IMPROMPTU (The Salt Lake City July 30 is a LISTED DATE/DEFINITIVE) this is why the subsequent writers refer to this date...

Writer R. York'76 is correct within means of August because PAGE came to L.A. From Salt Lake City/Vegas on July 31...AND PAGE FLEW TO NEW YORK ON AUGUST 1 From L.A. and back SAME DAY...

(York/Davis are "loosely" referring to events, they are just writing for the purposes of publishing/not exact references....August 1st the only date where Page has Opportunity for RETURN flight

...see my previous comments...Page comes back, Show Earl Warrens Ground/Meets Miss P.

PhotoProof Bingenheimer/L.L. Sutch attended ONLY THE AUG. 1 Elvis First Concert...SEE Photos attached. Webmaster's earlier comments are CORRECT...THEY DID NOT SEE ZEP GUYS...BECAUSE SUTCH/RODNEY WERE NOT THERE ON JULY 31....They came to Vegas day after - They just wanted to see Elvis perfrom/possible Elvis U.K. contract discussed - IT IS ILLOGICAL TO THINK THEY SAW ELVIS ON BOTH NIGHTS FOR DUPLICATED PERFORMANCES...they came to see Elvis to speak about U.K. concerts at Press Conference /perform once and left sometime after Press Conference...(see additional photo Press Conference)

YES - according to Bingenheimer ZEP received 1969 promotional CD - They were given out all August Engagement from July 31, 1969 on...ZEP received Aug. 12 with Miss P. (Miss P. also confirms this date is the first time Zep saw Elvis...JIMMY DID NOT MEET ELVIS) - See Her previous e-mail received ..........(I have read from Book/I do not have front of me now)

Mark Chain - Opening Band...He also remains correct within means of Page/Travel...it's close enough for his purposes - Not required to be attentive...they are traveling by Road/Van...Page via Air (withing very close approx. of time)....they had an opportunity to connect at some point in the evening..........

There is no ticket/poster proof from any one of the attendees Las Vegas Date, IMPROMPTU, ..Pay/Attend basis only...

ONLY CONFIRMATION FROM ICE PALACE WOULD BE VENUE BOOKING/ASSOCIATES DATES

Point of Interest: The Seattle Pop Festival July 27, 1969 takes place with reference to Venue/Ice Rink...The Las Vegas concert is also in middle of Ice Rink/Ice Palace...but none of the Vegas attendees have confused venues/City. The attendees state that concert took place in Summer'69...(see Timeline).......

***The only other available date for Summer'69 is July 28, 1969 OFF,(27th Previous being Seattle Pop) BUT, notice the travel next day July 29th Edmonton, and then back to Salt Lake City July 30th...(ILLOGICAL TRAVEL Direction)

It is important to note Ms. P's July 31 Entry...(see reference previous posts)....As the Band arrives at Thee Ex...(Page alone at Hyatt) The Massive, (regular/Entourage), PETER GRANT is notably MISSING from her visual description...as mentioned, previous, GRANT CAN ONLY BE IN NEW YORK ON JULY 31, As Page will Fly on Aug. 1 and be back same day/Grant Receiving Page...(Page flight early, ample opportunity to fly as day off). Further Ms. P. now confirms Peter went with everybody to Vegas...see her e-mail proof....

IMO there was none ticketing process, ICE PALACE CONTRACT/BOOKING is a definitive proof...

(The Great Full Dead, Santana have played there in March 1969)....

There may be some reference to local community news...the last resource would be Major Press Coverage Las Vegas Weekly, Sun, etc....For accuracy/safety, Month of July can be checked, including August FOR Ice Palace Booking/contract, Not so much press coverage....

.......finally there are no other concert dates in Summer '69 with the exception of July 28, but too illogical travel plan...

Additional Photos( to previous) - Elvis press Conference Aug. 1

Bingenheimier is at Press Conference Aug. 1

http://www.rhyniechert.com/images/memorabi...sconference.JPG

http://www.rhyniechert.com/images/memorabi...sconference.JPG

Sutch/Bingenheimer Press Interview Aug. 1

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_...onference.shtml

Finally, I am sincerely indebted to Miss Pamela for her cooperation and prompt replies as she took the time to acknowledge my requests, (Miss Pamela is the KEY EYEWITNESS) to all accounts...It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to solve this without her cooperation...THANK YOU MISS PAMELA...

Tks. to the Posters and Steve A. Jones for his assistance under busy circumstances....it was all very interesting....

PlanetPage

Edited by PlanetPage

Mystery Solved: Vegas DATE: JULY 31, 1969 Ice Palace (as stated before)

(edit)

Finally, I am sincerely indebted to Miss Pamela for her cooperation and prompt replies as she took the time to acknowledge my requests, (Miss Pamela is the KEY EYEWITNESS) to all accounts...It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to solve this without her cooperation...THANK YOU MISS PAMELA...

Tks. to the posters and Steve A. Jones for his assistance under busy circumstances....it was all very interesting....

PlanetPage

Hold up. They played Salt Lake City on 7/30, and Yorke states Jimmy flew to New York (and on to Los Angeles) afterward - I take this to mean 7/31 - so it's possible but highly improbable to be the correct date for this concert. You'd think Jimmy could recall flying all the way to NYC to work on mixes all day and then fly all the way to Las Vegas for a concert. Peter Grant did remain in New York longer than Page, possibly until 8/1. We do know the night of 7/31 Jimmy had Cole deliver a note to Pamela Des Barres who was at Thee Experience watching Bo Diddley.

If anything, we have actually ruled out 8/12, based upon Miss P's assertion she flew to Las Vegas with Jimmy on that date to attend Elvis. If they played Las Vegas it would have had to have been 7/31 or the day prior - 8/11 - as those are now quite simply the only open dates between 7/31 & 8/31. Mike Tell was the promoter, perhaps he has some anecdotal or tangible evidence yet to be revealed.

Thoughts? Did I miss something?

Edited by SteveAJones

Hold up. They played Salt Lake City on 7/30, and Yorke states Jimmy flew to New York (and on to Los Angeles) afterward - I take this to mean 7/31 - so it's possible but highly improbable to be the correct date for this concert. You'd think Jimmy could recall flying all the way to NYC to work on mixes all day and then fly all the way to Las Vegas for a concert. Peter Grant did remain in New York longer than Page, possibly until 8/1. We do know the night of 7/31 Jimmy had Cole deliver a note to Pamela Des Barres who was at Thee Experience watching Bo Diddley.

If anything, we have actually ruled out 8/12, based upon Miss P's assertion she flew to Las Vegas with Jimmy on that date to attend Elvis. If they played Las Vegas it would have had to have been 7/31 or the day prior - 8/11 - as those are now quite simply the only open dates between 7/31 & 8/31. Mike Tell was the promoter, perhaps he has some anecdotal or tangible evidence yet to be revealed.

Thoughts? Did I miss something?

...tks for reply.....I spend some thinking....

July 30th (OFFICIAL LISTED DATE FOR SALT LAKE CITY)...yes, York states "afterward"...but as I figured out earlier...since the Vegas date is not listed....I don't think the writers know about this date...(Salt Lake city is on the Concert MAP

July 31st - Zep possibly performs....they all leave to Thee Ex/L.A.----Meets with P.

Aug. 1 - Page can only fly from this date from La./back to L.a....Writer York, in my opinion/as I understand his comment, is noting the fact that Page has performed concert...last being Salt Lake City, but York does not know about Vegas...remember it is not listed...I have not taken York's comments word by word, as there is no proof for July 31st...

...and IMO...yes there is a flight on Aug. 12....Remember Grant was in New York for sometime after Page Left on Aug. 1...so unlikely as it may be, it is possible that the flight was confused with Page...Peter Grant was present in L.A. with Everybody to See Elvis....

...NO BODY WAS IN Vega TO SEE ELVIS ON JULY 31....Rodney is "extending" his comments to a month long engagement of Elvis being opened in month of August in Vegas....

...I hope it's somewhat clear....

...tks for reply.....I spend some thinking....

July 30th (OFFICIAL LISTED DATE FOR SALT LAKE CITY)...yes, York states "afterward"...but as I figured out earlier...since the Vegas date is not listed....I don't think the writers know about this date...(Salt Lake city is on the Concert MAP

July 31st - Zep possibly performs....they all leave to Thee Ex/L.A.----Meets with P.

Aug. 1 - Page can only fly from this date from La./back to L.a....Writer York, in my opinion/as I understand his comment, is noting the fact that Page has performed concert...last being Salt Lake City, but York does not know about Vegas...remember it is not listed...I have not taken York's comments word by word, as there is no proof for July 31st...

...and IMO...yes there is a flight on Aug. 12....Remember Grant was in New York for sometime after Page Left on Aug. 1...so unlikely as it may be, it is possible that the flight was confused with Page...Peter Grant was present in L.A. with Everybody to See Elvis....

...NO BODY WAS IN Vega TO SEE ELVIS ON JULY 31....Rodney is "extending" his comments to a month long engagement of Elvis being opened in month of August in Vegas....

...I hope it's somewhat clear....

Concerning Page/Grant flights - I say 7/31 on separate flights because Jimmy is back in LA that night without Peter. However, if Peter is back by evening of 8/1 (next day) then neither miss a gig - always important to Peter so I can't see them in Vegas this night for that reason alone.

On 8/1 Jimmy called Pam in the early morning to inquire why she did not come over last night (7/31) and invited her to tonight's show in Santa Barbara. Interesting that Pam does not say he called from New York, but from the Continental Hyatt House, nor does she say he ever mentions New York at the Santa Barbara show or in the limo afterward. To me, this points towards his having been in LA on 8/1. I just can't see him going to NY and back (time zones) and playing Santa Barbara same day without it being mentioned, if not affecting either his playing, demeanor or energy. Hell, he even partied at Thee Experience afterward!

Which, if correct, leaves us with 8/11/69 as the only possibilitity for a Las Vegas Led Zeppelin concert. The band would have traveled LA to Las Vegas on 8/11 for their concert, while the road crew would have had to get everything to Las Vegas from

San Diego on the same date. Led Zeppelin would've returned to Vegas the following evening (8/12) for Elvis as Miss P. relates. They could not have played Vegas on 8/12

because the next date was Lubbock (8/13) - too far to tear down, travel and set up.

My conclusion: 7/31 possible. 8/11 more likely. Ultimately still unconfirmed.

Edited by SteveAJones

Concerning Page/Grant flights - I say 7/31 on separate flights because Jimmy is back in LA that night without Peter. However, if Peter is back by evening of 8/1 (next day) then neither miss a gig - always important to Peter so I can't see them in Vegas this night for that reason alone.

On 8/1 Jimmy called Pam in the early morning to inquire why she did not come over last night (7/31) and invited her to tonight's show in Santa Barbara. Interesting that Pam does not say he called from New York, but from the Continental Hyatt House, nor does she say he ever mentions New York at the Santa Barbara show or in the limo afterward. To me, this points towards his having been in LA on 8/1. I just can't see him going to NY and back (time zones) and playing Santa Barbara same day without it being mentioned, if not affecting either his playing, demeanor or energy. Hell, he even partied at Thee Experience afterward!

Which, if correct, leaves us with 8/11/69 as the only possibilitity for a Las Vegas Led Zeppelin concert. The band would have traveled LA to Las Vegas on 8/11 for their concert, while the road crew would have had to get everything to Las Vegas from

San Diego on the same date. Led Zeppelin would've returned to Vegas the following evening (8/12) for Elvis as Miss P. relates. They could not have played Vegas on 8/12

because the next date was Lubbock (8/13) - too far to tear down, travel and set up.

My conclusion: 7/31 possible. 8/11 more likely. Ultimately still unconfirmed.

...keeping in mind that Miss P. was in relationship with Page...thee is no mention from her....

(likely, she would have sidelined....as before)

I understood that Grant was in New York on July 31 already for sometime...August 1st is the only date I could logically connect, as it does give Page time to return.......

Added

...also, if they played Vegas already on Aug. 11...then Miss P could have been called alone to join them...I don't see reason for them to come all back, then go out again to see Elvis...

Added:

....It is confirmed on the Royal Orleans.Com Site that dates in City of Vegas, around Aug. 12 were searched, although I don't know what publications, there were no results....unless the Report in not Print...

This is all the evidence that I have for now........

Edited by PlanetPage

Added

...also, if they played Vegas already on Aug. 11...then Miss P could have been called alone to join them...I don't see reason for them to come all back, then go out again to see Elvis...

Added:

....It is confirmed on the Royal Orleans.Com Site that dates in City of Vegas, around Aug. 12 were searched, although I don't know what publications, there were no results....unless the Report in not Print...

This is all the evidence that I have for now........

I like the idea of Las Vegas on 7/31 because it makes sense from a routing perspective; bring the equipment down from Salt Lake City instead of San Diego (8/10). It makes

more sense to go from San Diego to the next gig (Lubbock) (8/13) as opposed to doing

a short-notice Las Vegas gig on 8/11. If that is really what happened, than Vegas on 8/12 was simply the second of two days off on tour. A bit of rest & relaxation; catch

the Elvis gig.

Los Angeles to Las Vegas is 270 miles so anything over 8/11-12 was probably made possible by plane. We are assuming Pam is correct with 8/12 as the date they went

to see Elvis. She may not recall they flew there. Why drive 270 miles when you can

fly? If your flying, you don't have to stay in Vegas the night of 8/11, you can return

to party on the Sunset Strip. Or you can stay the night and see Elvis the next.

I have made several posts concerning this topic on the R-O thread, so I'm aware of it.

The papers that were researched were Las Vegas Review-Journal and Las Vegas Sun

from August 8th-12th 1969. No mention and no ads of Pinkiny Canandy, Led Zeppelin

or The Ice Palace. On one hand, this seems to support it could have been held 7/31,

on the other that it may never happened at all.

Conclusion: 7/31 is possible, as is 8/11. Still, it remains unconfirmed.

I like the idea of Las Vegas on 7/31 because it makes sense from a routing perspective; bring the equipment down from Salt Lake City instead of San Diego (8/10). It makes

more sense to go from San Diego to the next gig (Lubbock) (8/13) as opposed to doing

a short-notice Las Vegas gig on 8/11. If that is really what happened, than Vegas on 8/12 was simply the second of two days off on tour. A bit of rest & relaxation; catch

the Elvis gig.

Los Angeles to Las Vegas is 270 miles so anything over 8/11-12 was probably made possible by plane. We are assuming Pam is correct with 8/12 as the date they went

to see Elvis. She may not recall they flew there. Why drive 270 miles when you can

fly? If your flying, you don't have to stay in Vegas the night of 8/11, you can return

to party on the Sunset Strip. Or you can stay the night and see Elvis the next.

I have made several posts concerning this topic on the R-O thread, so I'm aware of it.

The papers that were researched were Las Vegas Review-Journal and Las Vegas Sun

from August 8th-12th 1969. No mention and no ads of Pinkiny Canandy, Led Zeppelin

or The Ice Palace. On one hand, this seems to support it could have been held 7/31,

on the other that it may never happened at all.

Conclusion: 7/31 is possible, as is 8/11. Still, it remains unconfirmed.

....I am in total agreement with you...all evidence is for sure exhausted..(there is remote chance of one off night I posted earlier)....

- I notice that at least one attendee who provided fan review has a contact number...

- It is crucial, in my opinion, that Mike Tell Must be asked for further proof/evidence

- The Ice Palace is a major venue, it is not accessible without contract, there must be a source archives...as you know major rock concerts have taken place...

I will review the attendee comments for any further clues......

If you can provide any further information...that would be appreciated...

Edited by PlanetPage

- It is crucial, in my opinion, that Mike Tell Must be asked for further proof/evidence

- The Ice Palace is a major venue, it is not accessible without contract, there must be a source archives...as you know major rock concerts have taken place...

Sure, I can ask but I thought he was working on a book and withholding his anecdotes

on anything until after publication.

Good luck on that.

The building at 800 Karen Ave. is owned and used by the Christian Life Community. Eric Horn is leasing 39,000-square-feet for the rink and the church has moved the sanctuary to the building's second level.

The Commercial Center facility was constructed as an ice rink in the late 1960s. By the 1970s, it was converted into an indoor soccer stadium. Later, it became a church.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/199...ss/6819188.html

The Sahara Ice Palace started out as an ice rink 30 years ago, but was later turned into a roller rink, became an indoor soccer facility and then a church.

It was turned back into an ice rink in February 1998, and offers a range of programs, from hockey teams to speed skating and skating school.

The 175-foot by 80-foot rink accommodates a number of programs and events.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/199...y/11613157.html

The facility is now called the Las Vegas Roller Hockey Center, used by pro, adult and youth hockey teams.

It's been through a few changes, uses and owners over the years. Even the main entrance from the street is a wall now and the building is now in the back of a shopping complex.

Hello DazedJeffy...tks for the additional info..I have viewed that venue information you provided, and have questioned the possibility of archives in Las Vegas as you state...perhaps there are related options...I will look into it......

Steve A. Jones...tks for update, I will also post should there be any new details.......

Good luck on that.

It's been through a few changes, uses and owners over the years. Even the main entrance from the street is a wall now and the building is now in the back of a shopping complex.

Here's a photo of the back of Ice Palace at the Intersection of Karen Avenue and State Street (from the outside of the Village Square Commercial Center):

LasVegas800karenavenueicepalaceedit.jpg

Here's a photo of the entrance to the Ice Palace from inside the Village Square Commercial Center:

lvice.jpg

Here are a few photos of the inside of the Ice Palace:

LasVegas-IcePalaceEdited-1.jpg

d72ef714-75a7-4a8e-bccc-07552e9d80d.jpg

Edited by mikezep61

Here's a photo of the back of Ice Palace at the Intersection of Karen Avenue and State Street (from the outside of the Village Square Commercial Center):

Nice work as always, Mike. The photos certainly help to visualize what it must have been like, if in fact Led Zeppelin did perform there.

Some flight Information I received, but I am not sure which Airport they would have arrived at in New York...

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

There were frequent nonstops flights between LAX-JFK and a few LAX-Newark in 1969.

Early morning nonstops LAX-JFK would have been offered by American, TWA and United.

While you could have traveled from LAX to JFK via SLC, it would have been inconvenient requiring LAX-SLC via Western and SLC-JFK via United. Other than a nonstop, the most likely route from LAX to NYC would have been via Chicago (O’Hare).

Hope this helps.

Perry

.....there are increasing chances that the date was not Aug. 11, 1969...I will post the chronological dates from Miss P. in line with the official time line dates....later

quickly, She was for sure with Jimmy in her apartment on Aug. 11 listening to ZepII...this is why they went to Newyork Aug. 12th A.M....back...for Elvis...then Lubbox...

(they had one day off before..she went to Everly brothers w/Jimmy Pickup - Limo)

Remember earlier piece of Blocoboy.....Robert phoning the NME...writer Ann Moss...(they know they are going to see elvis on their off days...that would have to be the 12th at night...Elvis had dinner 8:15, and midnight...looks like they probably went to the Midnight, and back on the 13th all of them...for lubbox

....also, Miss P's entry is for July 31, not the 30th...they would have called her this day too after SLC gig (he was off with Catherine James)...this makes me wonder where they were coming from on July 31st...?

...I will post the dates more in sequence...Miss Pamela is correct about her dates...

I am typing this rather quickly...but will sequence it later...

...the Library Services will write to me...will post as I get something...

Edited by PlanetPage

.....there are increasing chances that the date was not Aug. 11, 1969...I will post the chronological dates from Miss P. in line with the official time line dates....later

quickly, She was for sure with Jimmy in her apartment on Aug. 11 listening to ZepII...this is why they went to Newyork Aug. 12th A.M....back...for Elvis...then Lubbox...

(they had one day off before..she went to Everly brothers w/Jimmy Pickup - Limo)

Remember earlier piece of Blocoboy.....Robert phoning the NME...writer Ann Moss...(they know they are going to see elvis on their off days...that would have to be the 12th at night...Elvis had dinner 8:15, and midnight...looks like they probably went to the Midnight, and back on the 13th all of them...for lubbox

....also, Miss P's entry is for July 31, not the 30th...they would have called her this day too after SLC gig (he was off with Catherine James)...this makes me wonder where they were coming from on July 31st...?

...I will post the dates more in sequence...Miss Pamela is correct about her dates...

I am typing this rather quickly...but will sequence it later...

...the Library Services will write to me...will post as I get something...

Just to clarify, Jimmy took Pamela in a white limo to see the Everly Brothers perform at The Palomino in West Hollywood the night of August 5th. Afterward they returned to his

hotel room for the night. Relevant insofar as having eliminated that day off as a possible

date for their unconfirmed Las Vegas concert.

There were frequent nonstops flights between LAX-JFK and a few LAX-Newark in 1969.

Early morning nonstops LAX-JFK would have been offered by American, TWA and United.

While you could have traveled from LAX to JFK via SLC, it would have been inconvenient requiring LAX-SLC via Western and SLC-JFK via United. Other than a nonstop, the most likely route from LAX to NYC would have been via Chicago (O'Hare).

GOT IT! According to Ritchie (Yorkie) Jimmy was flown into and out of JFK. Assuming he

took the most expedient flight - and given the time constraints he undoubtedly did - he

would have flown LAX to JFK & back. If Pam's recollection is correct, he did so on 8/11.

This leaves 7/31 as the sole remaining possibility for Led Zeppelin's Ice Palace concert.

The search for confirmation continues.