Best LZ biography book

arte

Well, I have written a book on Led Zeppelin, and I have just to finish Chapter 14, I was lucky to have Howard Mylett to do the introduction for it, as soon as I move now, I will get on with it, and publish it, I did all the pictures myself, and the cover was done by my friends daughter, there is a lot of information on the welsh sites in it, more information available on google and just type in pauline bowen led zeppelin.

I have all the books except A Whole Lotta Led. Yesterday I recieved a post from Amazon and it was the book Led Leppelin A Celebration. This one is very good. No gossip, tales of groupies or trouble they have gotten into. This book talks about the music the men and A Celebration of their lives. It's by Dave Lewis. Very good book. If you want half truths and how the boys misbehaved then Hammer of the Gods is for you. Good reading if you like bullshit and I will sell you some ocean property in Arizona. Happy hunting.

I'm heading to barnes and nobles in a sec and I wanna know what some good choices are

One of the best books I have of LZ is:" LED ZEPPELIN the stoy of a band and their music 1968-1980" by Keith Shadwick. Great book, nicely written, good chronology. What I like about it is the space given to every single song by beautifully describing it emotionally as well as technically.

The worst book you could buy on LZ is "Stairway to Heaven" by Richard Cole. Don't buy it. :thumbdown: I did it and everytime I see that thing in my bookshelf I am always tempted to get rid of it. There's no point to keep it. I will never read it again. One of these days I 'll just throw it in the bin.

Aside from the fact that the things said may be questionable and even if some were true you can tell they have been exagerrated. Very badly written.

I just finished the other week "The Definitive Biography" by Ritchie Yorke…it was very well written and extensive, not enough pics though and a bit sugar coated…but I guess that's the way you get the band's thumbs up and remain on speaking terms without any death threats.

• 4 years later...

Archived