Alice in chains

Diana-loura

I shot this iPhone vid last night.

Not great quality, but a great moment when they played the last song of the main set - Would - then came back for the first encore song - Man In The Box.

Their lead singer really does justice to the "classic" AIC material. Saw them with and without Layne and they were fantastic in both incarnations.

William DuVall is a great fit . Cantrell and Kinney are as good as ever

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought new record, think its very good. Page, jones, geezer butler and iommi would probably get kick out of riff and production on the song, stone, being as they influenced such heavy amazing music like this. Great song. A few years ago, they had that other comeback song,check my brain, another buzzworthy song. With new record, great moments, and first part of cd, but i think the harmonized vocals lost me after awhile. It started sounding like beatles vox to me. That is with not having layne staley with them, his vocals on hypnotic stuff like stone, or check my brain would have been amazing. So glad to hear them still making records.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Alice In Chains are a super group. I`ve gotten most of the bands output. But I can say I`m not big fan of the new singer. sorry if you do. but I cannot help that I just cannot like something, I`ve not into.

If i am not mistaken, jerry cantrell sings on all songs except one, on the new record. From what I've seen on palladia music channel, fairly recent live festivals and shows, the new singer is good on the layne staley songs.

In regards to the new stuff, i had read a few reviews saying it was a sabbath sounding record. But from what I am hearing, its the alice in chains sound, with an eastern influence in places. They carved out an identifiable hypnotic sound, very good imo. With jerry cantrell vocals, i think they are recorded on two tracks, or on some sort of a harmonizer or something and that gets a little wearing to me, but still, its a very good record with some excellent moments.

Also on the palladia channel, was able to catch some of the airing of that mad season dvd, ofcourse very very good. Its gotten promotion with top reviews from music press. Very interesting that they could come up with something with its own vibe, separate from any pearl jam or alice in chains influence.

• 6 months later...

ah Jerry doing the sing on the album... the press have always been no, off with many bands through out TIME... yes there are eastern influence within the alice in chains sound followed with a down tune Sabbath riffs. there still within the a rock band mode... there are two other bands whom are in the league of Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam . . . there is some very hyponotic sound of magical music.................................................. :depressed::welcome2::peace:

One summer years ago I worked for a boss who continually played Alice n Chains first album, Facelift, non-stop. They're not exactly my cup of tea, but by the end of the summer I had come to like/appreciate some of their music.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/11/2014 at 7:42 PM, jb126 said:

Thanks Wally Hood. My favorite AIC song. Such a powerful voice.

lol 3 years later .... if you scroll up a little further you'll see someone posted that same vid a few months earlier than i .  Sorry , i didnt realize (3 years later) til just now.

Edited by Wally Hood

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...