Jason's double bass pedal

• 5 years later...

Double kick = cheating.

For playing Zeppelin, yes I'd agree.. I saw an absolutely amazing drummer one time.. this guy could play incredible stuff, but he used the double pedal for GTBT and yes I was disappointed.

But, someone like Scott Travis has made Double Bass such an important, incredible part of their sound it stands on its own.

Honestly, Jason's performance at the O2 wasn't exactly stellar.

Just listen to GTBT. It's not a good drumming performance.

His drumming was fine..But, I must say his backing vocals on GTBT were annoying as hell....

"I wouldn't say that. Do I prefer him over Bonzo? No. But he was the man who was meant for the job and he did it well."

agree 100% if is was to be anyone but Bonzo, it should be his son.

Edited by the chase

I wouldn't say that. Do I prefer him over Bonzo? No. But he was the man who was meant for the job and he did it well.

I'm not saying his performance at that particular gig was foul or anything, but I have to say he wasn't able to get the right drum sound.

His drumming was fine..But, I must say his backing vocals on GTBT were annoying as hell....

Exactly what did you like in Jason's drumming on GTBT? Edited by Geezer

I'm not saying his performance at that particular gig was foul or anything, but I have to say he wasn't able to get the right drum sound.Exactly what did you like in Jason's drumming on GTBT?

The Tom work, the cowbell.. He did fine..not stellar.

The backing vocals bugged the crap out of me though.

I'm listening to it now, and I honestly think it's not an exceptional drumming performance. I'm sure Amstel will back me up on this one.

As for the backing vocals, I agree. They're way too out-of-place.

Edited by Geezer

I'm listening to it now, and I honestly think it's not an exceptional drumming performance. I'm sure Amstel will back me up on this one.

As for the backing vocals, I agree. They're way too out-of-place.

I didn't say exceptional..