10th of December 1907

well, I may be seeing ghosts here but i found it a bit suspicious that Jimmy broke his finger (and after a week or so it healed miraculously) and that the O2 gig needed to be delayed to the 10th of December 2007.

EXACTLY 100 years after Crowley was inducted as the headmaster of the O.T.O (Ordo Templi Orientis) on the 10th of December 1907.

If you add this to the fact

*that Jimmy's bow-moves are actually some kind of occult rite (expressing your energy to the 4 winds), also executed by Crowley "the beast" himself.

*that his symbol (as the only one of the band) was represented on stage.

*that his (in)famous guitar-bowing moment happened under a Pyramid of lasers (the pyramid is a very outspoken symbol to the hidden occult societies).

Now I know, this topic has been discussed a lot in the past. But when I heard that Jimmy broke his finger, and that the show had to be delayed to that exact date, I really didn't know what to think.

So i guess his "love" for the occult isn't really gone.

It was also 39 years to the day since their show:

1968.12.10 London, England - Marquee Club. Coincidence?

Jimmy's finger did not miraculously heal after a week, it took several weeks.

I think you need a lesson in coincidence vs. causality.

It was also 39 years to the day since their show:

1968.12.10 London, England - Marquee Club. Coincidence?

Jimmy's finger did not miraculously heal after a week, it took several weeks.

I think you need a lesson in coincidence vs. causality.

I believe freethinker can make the distinction. What he seems to be saying is he finds it intriguing that of all possble dates to select for rescheduling Dec 10th was chosen.

He added elsewhere it's unusual for big one-off events to fall on a Monday. It's quite interesting to a point, but as I said in a related thread, the original date was to be

held on a Monday as well. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Yes I suppose it's an interesting link to make, but I think it's dangerous to make too much of it. If you look close enough you can find coincidences in everything. This is how most 'psychics' rip people off.

that sounds like a very very thin connection, so thin as to be non existant

if he really wanted the 10th december date due to all the "coincidental" dates connected to crowley etc and it was of such importance to him that he was willing to alter the dates, then he'd have chosen that date in the first place!

things happen, anyone can look for a "connection" after the fact

So *that's* why Jimmy sacrificed a goat during the concert! It hadn't made sense at the time.

I don't know if JP is still interested in the occult. In a Guitar World interview when he was asked about it, he spoke of his interest in magic in the past tense - dunno if that's significant or if he's (understandably) wanting to keep his private life private.

(Guitar World) Could we talk a little about the meaning behind your Sequence [in The Song Remains The Same movie]?

(Page) To me, the significance is very clear, isn’t it?

(GW) Well, I find it interesting that you were choosing to represent yourself as a hermit at a time when you were really quite a public figure.

(Page) Well, I was hermetic. I was involved in the hermetic arts, but I wasn’t a recluse. Or maybe I was… The image of the hermit that was used for the [inside cover] art-work on Led Zeppelin IV and in the movie actually has its origins in a painting of Christ called The Light of the World by the pre-Raphaelite artist William Holman Hunt. The imagery was later transferred to the Waite tarot deck [the most popular tarot deck in use in the English-speaking world]. My segment was supposed to be the aspirant going to the beacon of truth, which is represented by the hermit and his journey toward it. What I was trying to say through the transformation was that enlightenment can be achieved at any point in time; it just depends on when you want to access it. In other words you can always see the truth, but do you recognize it when you see it or do you have to reflect back on it later?

(GW) There was always a certain amount of speculation about your occult studies. It may have been subtle, but you weren’t really hiding it.

(Page) I was living it. That’s all there is to it. It was my life - that fusion of magick and music.

(GW) Your use of symbols was very advanced. The sigil [symbols of occult powers] on Led Zeppelin IV and the embroidery on your stage clothes from that time period are good examples on how you left your mark on popular culture. It’s something that major corporations are aggressively pursuing these days: using symbols as a from of branding.

(Page) You mean talismanic magick? Yes, I knew what I was doing. There’s no point in saying about it, because the more you discuss it, the more eccentric you appear to be. But the fact is - as far as I was concerned - it was working, so I used it. But it’s really no different then people who wear ribbons around their wrists: it’s a talismanic approach to something. Well let me amend that: it’s not exactly the same thing, but it is in the same realm. I’ll leave this subject by saying the four musical elements of Led Zeppelin making a fifth is magick into itself. That’s the alchemical process.

(GW) There was always a certain amount of speculation about your occult studies. It may have been subtle, but you weren’t really hiding it.

(Page) I was living it. That’s all there is to it. It was my life - that fusion of magick and music.

That's quite an interesting quote. Especially in contrast to his past comments where he claimed his occult fascination supposedly never affected his daily life or the music. Keep talking James.

Archived