Zep in 77

Nick C

Landover May 26th and 28th (both albeit, dry sounding soundboards, still worth having nonetheless.)

Landover May 30th - Maybe the best audience recording after LITE, and an awesome show to boot.

And of course, you need to get your hands on the rest of the LA shows. Every single one is absolutely outstanding!

New York 11th of June - Would be up there with the best performances of this tour, awesome version of No Quarter! Try get the SBD fragment if you can, it has full versions of NQ, TYG and Battle of Evemore on it and it isn't as dry sounding as other boards from this tour. great sounding recording too, to bad the best source is incomplete!

Cleveland April 28th - Also a very good show and recording, but it has numerous cuts and splices. I believe this was one of the first times the band played Nutrocker in NQ?

San Diego 19th of June - Just before the start of the LA run, some of Jimmy's best playing of the whole tour at this show. Great recording from Mike Millard. Bonzo was a bit under the weather during this show (hence the dropping of Over The Top from the setlist.)

B) Thanks mate, i managed to get the 11-6 SBD fragment, and NQ is indeed fantastic as usual, gonna get the 26th Landover show later me thinks ;)

To be honest, if I could go back in time to see ANY Zeppelin tour; without a doubt '77 would be it. Set list was awesome, the lasers, the light shows, the video screens at some of the gigs. It was just such an epic and huge event. For some reason whenever I listen to the '77 tour I get this feeling of how epic that tour would have been.

B) Thanks mate, i managed to get the 11-6 SBD fragment, and NQ is indeed fantastic as usual, gonna get the 26th Landover show later me thinks ;)

Did you have enough sites to DL off? If not flick me a pm ;).

anyone know the date when Bonzo messed up ALS? found it on youtube, still pull it together though!!

be cool to have some 77 stuff on release, an official sound board thing would be cool, doubt we would see any dvds, i know thats why they were left off of the 2003 dvd but shucks boys, we know the naughty things you were getting up to so we are4 not that bothered to see you all half cut, tbh, when you were hammered you played a million times better than most of the "sober" crap we get these days, not defending drugs, just love Zep!!

That was Landover 26/5/77 I do believe.

Archived