stairway to heaven in the number 1 funeral song

Hey - saw on the news today that 'stairway to heaven' is the number one funeral song.

according to yourdeathwish.com more people had this song than any other all over the world.

s us hard core fans can continue our support in the after life!!

It does seem a kind of cliche, obvious choice, etc.

A family friend of ours died of leukaemia almost ten years ago, aged 18, and they played STH, Wish You Were Here, Oh Very Young and.....the Star Wars theme at the service. Nothing like the Seventies for funeral music.

Well, the song is structured like an ascending stairway so I can see the relevance.

Peter Grant chose Vera Lynn's 'We'll Meet Again', showing he too had a sense of humor.

Dame Vera actually lived not far from Jimmy's Plumpton Place. She must be in her nineties by now.

Hey - saw on the news today that 'stairway to heaven' is the number one funeral song.

according to yourdeathwish.com more people had this song than any other all over the world.

s us hard core fans can continue our support in the after life!!

Well it is obvious to me that most of these peple who play stairway are not hard core zep fans. They must not know what the song means. I too would like IMTOD played:

song.

"Ooh, meet me in the middle of the air

If my wings should fail me, Lord

please meet me with another pair"

Now thats a funeral song, not stairway, IMO!

lanni

pronounced - Lane-nee

playing stairway at a funeral does sound a bit cheeseball (agreeing with Suz).

at the same time, I always thought Ramble On would somehow be fitting....for me, anyway.

hmm. its kind of creepy to think about your own funeral. :blink:

I think it would just be very disrespectful to hear any rock tune at a funeral. Bad taste and all that sort of thing..........

No, I'm not an evangelical nut case. I just don't think it's the right thing to do. But hey, that's just me..........

Regards;

ha.. i was just thinking of that the other night.. i though ..hmmm stairway to heaven to send me off would be lovely. in fact perhaps just a lez zep marathon to get me into the swing of things...

also, i always though i would die happy if i died at a led zeppelin concert.

ha.. i was just thinking of that the other night.. i though ..hmmm stairway to heaven to send me off would be lovely. in fact perhaps just a lez zep marathon to get me into the swing of things...

also, i always though i would die happy if i died at a led zeppelin concert.

*Correction*

"At the very end of a Led Zeppelin concert"

mmmmmm, yes stairway to heaven would be a bit of an obvious choice but me and my mum both adore Led Zep but i don't want that song at my funaral, she thinking about it.

also a hard rock song ata funeral when you are sayiing good bye to your loved ones,ummmmmm

Why would me, a hardcore ZepHead, pick a Zep song for my funeral when I won't be there to hear it? I'd rather put my relatives through the agony of playing Michael Jackson instead of wasting a great Zeppelin tune. :D

Archived