Led Zeppelin Won't Release Comeback Concert DVD

Who was to know? B)

Seemingly this guy - though he was off by many months....

I suggest you get your o2 dvd orders in for Christmas 2010. Small post but you will remember it!

Well, if somebody heard it on the radio somewhere, it must be true. Sigh.

That's one of the reasons why I said it's not been "officially" announced. Until a press release is published it's merely hearsay.

• 2 months later...

Has there been no official/semi-reliable statement from any of the band members regarding a DVD release since Jimmy's comment in 2008?? Is it Robert's fault again? :)

I'm not sure what the commercial or aesthetic value is in waiting for some distant point in the future to release it, but then they didn't ask me. If they had I'd say, "Aw please guys! Release the O2 show immediately and have the Atlantic '88 show as a DVD extra and ooh a bonus guitar lesson with Pagey showing everyone how to play the Whole Lotta Love riff!"

• 1 year later...

The guy who filmed the show, Dick Carruthers, stated on tuesday that it was NOT filmed with a view to being released as footage of a gig - it was filmed for the shots shown on the big screen behind them during the gig. It would take quite a lot of work to turn it into a "film of the gig" - and he hasn't been asked to begin that. So I'd suggest a release isn't even currently planned, never mind imminent.

Looks like things have changed in the last two and a bit years.

Things changed before that. They were quite a way into working on the DVD in May of last year - as I said at the time. Things came to a halt, but started up again. Thank goodness.

Yes I'm glad, but i'm going to need someone to bake me a hat shaped cake because I have said too many times that the o2 gig would never see an official release.

Led Zeppelin Won't Release Comeback Concert DVD

Led Zeppelin are to disappoint fans by not releasing a DVD or CD of their one-off comeback concert.

Thousands of music lovers who could not get tickets for their O2 gig in December had been hoping they could watch or listen at home.

But guitarist Jimmy Page said: "It was recorded - but we didn't go in with the express purpose of making a DVD to come out at Christmas, or whatever." Page said a future release "at some distant point" was remotely possible. cool.gif

cheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gif

These things are very time consuming and if the people he prefers to have do it aren't available at present it necessitates a delay. I'd bet my last dollar it will be released one

day, but he may also wish to release follow-ups to the Led Zeppelin DVD first. It's only

been three months since the last note rang out; patience please!

5 years of patience, is that what Axel had in mind?

Archived