• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Hehe, Huckabee...there's no way people will elect someone who would be called President Huckabee...sounds hillbilly :hysterical: No matter what the man's policies would be...

You mean Hillbilly like this guy?

jimmy-carter-picture.jpg

I think it will be between Hillary and Giuliani. And I think Hillary will win that contest.

Many people say Hillary is going down. However her husband denies that could happen...

... or has ever happened. ;)

You mean Hillbilly like this guy?

jimmy-carter-picture.jpg

Many people say Hillary is going down. However her husband denies that could happen...

... or has ever happened. ;)

:lol: You're just saying that so you could make that joke ;)

Hehe, hey, I'm not talking hillbilly character, just the name! :P But I can't talk because my name is Kyna Rae...I'd never be president either. B)

Not to mention I wasn't born here so I can't :thanku:

:lol: You're just saying that so you could make that joke ;)

Hehe, hey, I'm not talking hillbilly character, just the name! :P But I can't talk because my name is Kyna Rae...I'd never be president either. B)

You know Huckabee is actually a Canadian name.

His grandfather was a Mountie.

"Mountied" his grandma they say.

Romney is a terrible candidate. Far from tearing Hillary apart in a debate, anyone with a reasonable grasp of his career could tear him apart "like a cleenex at a snot party", as R Lee Ermey once said.

I'd start with his terrible record as governor of Massachusetts. Every accomplishment he can list as governor is actually the work of an overwhelmingly democratic legislature. All Mitt did was jump out of the way of the speeding train of democratic politics in Massachusetts. He came to fight gay marriage on the frontline- but not in order to govern the state he was elected to govern, rather to appeal to conservatives in the presidential election he knew was coming. Never mind that he gave an interview to the gay paper BayWindows a few years previous saying that he had no problem with gay marriage. Never mind that this so-called pro life candidate's wife donated money to Planned Parenthood. If you think Kerry was a flip-flopper, this guy flip flops faster than the Flash working at an IHOP.

He wasn't from here, and in the end he didn't spend enough of his term here. Half way through his term he was gone, gone, gone- stumping out of state and mocking his own state in speeches. He didn't even come back to campaign for his LG. This is who you want for your republican candidate- a so called public servent who looks on the governorship of a major state not as a sacred trust but as an extended audition? In my opinion, as a resident, Romney didn't give two shits and a sloppy seconds fuck about Massachusetts. I'd prefer the most fire breathing conservative imaginable so long as he was trying to govern Massachusetts.

Oh, and BTW- his favorite book is Battlefield Earth? Seriously? Face it, TULed. Your boy sucks ass. And being one of his former constiuents, I would know.

I quite like Obama. His 2004 Democratic convention address was beautiful. I'm interested in Edwards too. Hillary's an opportunist and on my limited reading, has flip-flopped all over the place, especially over Iraq. I'll have to think about the Republican field though - they're all scary in one way or another.

There is only one decent republican in the race.

by 'decent' I mean a candidate who both is a decent

human being and who would make a good POTUS.

the others are posers, con artists (criminals), wafflers, and hacks.

the one decent repub candidate is... of course..

ron-paul-presidential.jpg

:beer:

Conversely, the democratic field is loaded with solid, decent candidates. Hillary is the most questionable given her penchant for saying what she thinks people wanna hear and her enmeshment with lobbyists. On the upside for Hillary is her skill at being a politician and her strength and intelligence. She'd be a solid leader. Plus,.. she has Huma Abedin ( :thumbsup: *swoooon!*). The rest of the dem field is also solid.. Obama, Edwards, Biden, Richardson, Dodd, and Kucinich would all be a better POTUS than any of the repub candidates.

20070427debate.jpg

Keep rooting for Guilliani,.. or Romney.. Tuled!! You might as well hand the

keys to the WH over to a dem right now if those are your best candidates! :cheer:

Romney is a terrible candidate. Far from tearing Hillary apart in a debate, anyone with a reasonable grasp of his career could tear him apart "like a cleenex at a snot party", as R Lee Ermey once said.

I'd start with his terrible record as governor of Massachusetts. Every accomplishment he can list as governor is actually the work of an overwhelmingly democratic legislature. All Mitt did was jump out of the way of the speeding train of democratic politics in Massachusetts. He came to fight gay marriage on the frontline- but not in order to govern the state he was elected to govern, rather to appeal to conservatives in the presidential election he knew was coming. Never mind that he gave an interview to the gay paper BayWindows a few years previous saying that he had no problem with gay marriage. Never mind that this so-called pro life candidate's wife donated money to Planned Parenthood. If you think Kerry was a flip-flopper, this guy flip flops faster than the Flash working at an IHOP.

He wasn't from here, and in the end he didn't spend enough of his term here. Half way through his term he was gone, gone, gone- stumping out of state and mocking his own state in speeches. He didn't even come back to campaign for his LG. This is who you want for your republican candidate- a so called public servent who looks on the governorship of a major state not as a sacred trust but as an extended audition? In my opinion, as a resident, Romney didn't give two shits and a sloppy seconds fuck about Massachusetts. I'd prefer the most fire breathing conservative imaginable so long as he was trying to govern Massachusetts.

Oh, and BTW- his favorite book is Battlefield Earth? Seriously? Face it, TULed. Your boy sucks ass. And being one of his former constiuents, I would know.

What was the budget like in your state before Mitt took office? What did it look like afterwards?

The health-care plan implemented under Romney is the perfect example of how bi-partisan politics should work. Both sides got together, compromised to an extent, but took action for the better good of the common wealth.

Paint an ugly picture of Romney all you want, but his record of success speaks for itself.

What was the budget like in your state before Mitt took office? What did it look like afterwards?

The health-care plan implemented under Romney is the perfect example of how bi-partisan politics should work. Both sides got together, compromised to an extent, but took action for the better good of the common wealth.

Paint an ugly picture of Romney all you want, but his record of success speaks for itself.

The budget and healthcare plans weren't under Romney, they were over him- over and beyond any ability he might have had to veto them. Being beholden to an overwhelming opposition majority in your legislature doesn't count as bipartisan success- it's knowing when you are beaten. Do you even know who Bobby Travaligni is? I'm fairly certain that all you know about Romney you read in his campaign literature.

"Paint an ugly picture?" Defend any one of the numerous black eyes I pointed out in your candidate and then you can say that.

Until then, I plan to decorate any mention you make of him with numerous pics of his favorite fictional characters.

battlefield%20earth%20SPLASH.jpg

But what am I saying. You're right, TULedWho. In the disastrous wake of a near illiterate President, what we really need is a well read fellow who truly appreciates the classics.

:rolleyes:

^^ :lol:

according to the poll in this thread.. so far..

11 of 17 total votes are for the Dem candidates.

...and 7 of those 11 votes are for Hillary Clinton.

in other words..

This poll shows Hillary owning the GOP. B)

UPDATE:

27 total votes

8 of the 27 votes are for republican party candidates;

19 of the 27 votes are for democratic party candidates;

10 of the 19 democratic party votes are for Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton has more votes than all the GOP candidates combined.

In other words..

This poll shows Hillary Clinton still owning the GOP. B)

^^ :lol:

according to the poll in this thread.. so far..

11 of 17 total votes are for the Dem candidates.

...and 7 of those 11 votes are for Hillary Clinton.

in other words..

This poll shows Hillary owning the GOP. B)

UPDATE:

27 total votes

8 of the 27 votes are for republican party candidates;

19 of the 27 votes are for democratic party candidates;

10 of the 19 democratic party votes are for Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton has more votes than all the GOP candidates combined.

In other words..

This poll shows Hillary Clinton still owning the GOP. B)

It's actually even more than that if you take into account the Ron Paul votes, as he has gone out of his way to exclude him from his "field" of GOP candidates (sure he's in the poll, but read his earlier comments)

I swear to God. If Hillary wins, I'm leaving America.

Actually I may leave America regardless of who wins (unless it's Ron Paul). We have NO good candidates for the '08 election at all. The Republican side is full of idiots, the Democratic side is full of wafflers...

I swear to God, if it comes down to a choice between two candidates like Clinton and Giuliani, I'm writing in either Ron Paul or freakin' Stephen Colbert. The first presidential election I get to vote in and there's nobody worth voting for... figures. :(

Battlefield earth is one of the best sci-fi books ever written. What is wrong with a president who likes a good sci-fi book?

Well, that's bullshit, for starters. Try Vonnegut sometime. But can you be unaware that Battlefield Earth was written by the founder of Scientology? Yes that Scientology. Tom Cruise batshit crazy Scientology. Skinny ties waiting in the park to give you a personality test and trying to get you to pay to join their cult. Look it up. There's only one L Ron Hubbard, dude.

The flip flopping and the willingness to mock one's own constituents not withstanding . . .between that and the magic underwear I say your guy is doubly a kook.

I'm still waiting for TULed's response to the points you raised earlier about Romney. Well, except for the Battlefield Earth stuff. I think I got that part now.

But... if history is any indication, I guess I might as well get comfy.

Here's some food for thought, while you're waiting:

Wow, a pro choice, pro affirmative action candidate who will be better for gay rights than Ted Kennedy? Watching this stuff makes me think I'm the one who should be voting for this guy. I thought the story of his mother's friend who died in an illegal abortion was particularly touching.

Here's some food for thought, while you're waiting:

Wow, a pro choice, pro affirmative action candidate who will be better for gay rights than Ted Kennedy? Watching this stuff makes me think I'm the one who should be voting for this guy. I thought the story of his mother's friend who died in an illegal abortion was particularly touching.

Mitt makes a pretty good sounding democratic candidate there, doesn't he? :D

anyway..

I can't imagine Tuled would have any problem with Romney being a.. flip-flopper.

..it's not like republicans would ever discredit a candidate for flip-flopping,.. right?

:whistling:

I sure as hell know that my positions have changed over the last 15 years. Hell, I voted for Gore in 2000 (I was clueless at that time).

I have no problem with politicians coming to the realization that conservative principles work. Ronald Reagan was pro-choice before he saw the light and became pro-life. Why was it OK for him to change positions, but not for Romney?

Romney has a proven history of working with liberals, yet you all ridicule him as a flip-flopper. Is that what politics has come to these days? Are you liberals insisting upon a constant polarized political environment?

Archived