• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I swear to God. If Hillary wins, I'm leaving America.

Actually I may leave America regardless of who wins (unless it's Ron Paul). We have NO good candidates for the '08 election at all. The Republican side is full of idiots, the Democratic side is full of wafflers...

I swear to God, if it comes down to a choice between two candidates like Clinton and Giuliani, I'm writing in either Ron Paul or freakin' Stephen Colbert. The first presidential election I get to vote in and there's nobody worth voting for... figures. :(

Well, if you are dead set against leaving the United States I would suggest you go to Mexico..

... at least your move might help us out with our current "immigration deficet".

have a nice trip :wave:

That's what people said if Bush won a second time :rolleyes: And he did, and they're still here :lol:

I don't know anybody who felt this way at that election. However, I did know Liberals who supported Bill Clinton and even voted for Gore, but they didn't think they wanted Kerry as President.

Del... it will depend on who wins, but I'm either gonna move to Canada, Israel, Japan, Australia, or England. Most likely Israel.

A certain amount of soul searching and opinion changes I will accept. But I'm guessing that going from being a pro choice, pro affirmative action, pro gay rights MA senate candidate to a pro life, pro marriage ammendment, ultra conservative presidential candidate has nothing to do with a change of heart and everything to do with a change of venue. This is PANDERING with a capital P.

Ann Coulter doesn't think Mitt had a change of heart, she thinks he "fooled liberals into voting for him." Which is really her way of saying "he lied to them . . . but he won't lie to us."

:rolleyes:

And let's be clear here: he was pro choice as recently as his gubenatorial campaign in 2002:

Didn't even want a 24 hour waiting period then.

By the way: if you want an opinion of how Mitt did in MA that is actually what people in MA think, watch these:

Del... it will depend on who wins, but I'm either gonna move to Canada, Israel, Japan, Australia, or England. Most likely Israel.

Well be sure to lock and load then, because the mother of all wars is coming there if Hillary or some other 'cut & run' president is elected.

I personally would move to Iceland, because I like cold weather, smoked fish and drunken Viking chicks with not much to do in the winter. B)

I'm going to vote for Huckabee.

Because his name sounds like "huckleberry" ... which reminds me of "dingleberry" ...

And that makes me laugh.

I like to laugh. It's fun.

Isn't he from Arkansas, too?

I'M FROM ARKANSAS!

Hell yeah ... President Dingleberry it is!

~666

I don't know anybody who felt this way at that election. However, I did know Liberals who supported Bill Clinton and even voted for Gore, but they didn't think they wanted Kerry as President.

You and I must know different Liberals then B) Because anything would have been better than BushX2.

If you're really that Conservative, then Canada might not be such a good place for you :)

You and I must know different Liberals then B) Because anything would have been better than BushX2.

That election was almost as bad as this one is. You had to choose between the lesser of two evils. Bush's initial response 9/11 was the best, but then he f'ed up somewhere and put us in a war we shouldn't be in.

Problem with Kerry, though, is that we would have had another 9/11 if he were in office. That man flip-flops way too much. Today we'd be in the war, the next day he'd be pulling the troops out, the next day we'd have another attack on our soil, then we'd be at war again, then we'd be out again, then another attack...

At least with Bush we know where he stands and where we stand with him. With Kerry it'd have been a constant question each and ever day.

So who was the lesser of two serious evils in that election? That's what it came down to.

If you're really that Conservative, then Canada might not be such a good place for you :)

I'm not Conservative. I think Clinton did an amazing job in office, regardless of his personal messes... The only Republican I really like is Ron Paul. But I'm even less happy with the Democratic candidates. I'll vote Ron Paul or (and I'm not kidding) write in Stephen Colbert...

Magic Sam, all you're doing now is spinning the truth about Romney's record. He has never been pro-gay marriage like you state.

On gay marriage, Romney was firm in his belief that gay's should not be discriminated against and should receive the same health benefits that married couples do. However, he never has been for the legalization of gay marriage. Being from Mass., I'm shocked that you would not know this.

On affirmative action, Romney was for equality in the workplace, which was a hot issue back in the early 90's when study after study proved that men were being paid more for doing the same job. I wasn't aware that that was a controversial stance back then or today.

I'm going to vote for Huckabee.

Because his name sounds like "huckleberry" ... which reminds me of "dingleberry" ...

And that makes me laugh.

I like to laugh. It's fun.

Isn't he from Arkansas, too?

I'M FROM ARKANSAS!

Hell yeah ... President Dingleberry it is!

~666

Huckabee scares me. If he wins Iowa, I will give up hope for the Republicans in 2008.

HUCKABEE ON THE TELEVANGELIST CIRCUIT.

Mike Huckabee is appearing all this week on televangelist Kenneth Copeland's Believers' Voice of Victory program, and in the first two episodes, there was a lot of discussion about "character," "integrity," and "excellence." All that talk didn't move Copeland to mention either Sen. Chuck Grassley's probe of his ministry or the Oral Roberts University scandal, but he did display a keen understanding that he shouldn't be using his non-profit television ministry to bolster his friend Huckabee's candidacy. He began each program with the meaningless disclaimer that Huckabee was appearing as an ordained minister, but not a candidate. Oh, and by the way, he's running for president.

Copeland echoed other Huckabee supporters' praise, talking about "God's anointing and calling on this man." He then launched into a discussion of how America's universities have been "dumbed down," but that the standards are higher at Christian schools, including at ORU, which Copeland said demands "excellence."

Throughout the campaign, Huckabee has made clear his views on evolution, abortion, and marriage, all rooted in his fundamentalist reading of the Bible, which apparently -- who knew? -- lays out God's plan for governing America. But appearing with Copeland, Huckabee felt even more free to talk about how at age 15, he first understood "that [God] owns me, that my life doesn't belong to me... And we have to look at our lives as a matter of what does He want me to do because after all, he's the master, I'm the servant. I'm not here to please me, I'm here to please Him."

As Arkansas governor, Huckabee added, "I had to come to the conclusion that I only had one client... when I laid my head on the pillow, I'd say, 'Lord, are you pleased?' ... even if I get voted out of office, I'll never get voted out of heaven."

Copeland chuckled, "the devil doesn't have a prayer."

That election was almost as bad as this one is. You had to choose between the lesser of two evils. Bush's initial response 9/11 was the best, but then he f'ed up somewhere and put us in a war we shouldn't be in.

Problem with Kerry, though, is that we would have had another 9/11 if he were in office. That man flip-flops way too much. Today we'd be in the war, the next day he'd be pulling the troops out, the next day we'd have another attack on our soil, then we'd be at war again, then we'd be out again, then another attack...

At least with Bush we know where he stands and where we stand with him. With Kerry it'd have been a constant question each and ever day.

So who was the lesser of two serious evils in that election? That's what it came down to.

That's outrageously speculative. Other than ending the Iraq war I think it's ridiculous to believe that defense would be radically different under Kerry than it was under Clinton.

You really think that the War in Iraq prevented another 9/11? Want to supply some evidence of that? Because what I think prevented another terrorist attack is drunken starlets like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton getting drunk and coked up and crashing cars and flashing their see-you-next-tuesdays everywhere. I think that stuff is such an entertaining train wreck that terrorists had to watch instead of trying to blow it up. And until you supply some, there is exactly the same amount of evidence to support my theory as yours.

Magic Sam, all you're doing now is spinning the truth about Romney's record. He has never been pro-gay marriage like you state.

On gay marriage, Romney was firm in his belief that gay's should not be discriminated against and should receive the same health benefits that married couples do. However, he never has been for the legalization of gay marriage. Being from Mass., I'm shocked that you would not know this.

On affirmative action, Romney was for equality in the workplace, which was a hot issue back in the early 90's when study after study proved that men were being paid more for doing the same job. I wasn't aware that that was a controversial stance back then or today.

Considering that he stated repeatedly during his Senatorial campaign that he would be better for Gay rights than Kennedy, I think that it's a natural conclusion to think that he would be in favor of Gay Marriage, seeing as how Kennedy is in favor of it. What, does he offer a free car to Gays to make up for it?

So far as affirmative action- it's not a controversial position, but it is largely an issue that democrats favor and republicans oppose. I mention it only because it's an element of the way he presented himself in the Senate election- as a republican in name only. Now he presents himself as the conservative alternative to moderates like McCain.

I'm not Conservative. I think Clinton did an amazing job in office, regardless of his personal messes... The only Republican I really like is Ron Paul. But I'm even less happy with the Democratic candidates. I'll vote Ron Paul or (and I'm not kidding) write in Stephen Colbert...

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. The way you were talking sounded like you were Conservative. :)

I do disagree with a lot of what you're saying. And I'm a Liberal :lol: But I come on this board to have fun, and I seem to always get drawn into political arguments because I wasn't smart enough to stay out of it :lol:

So I'm going to step out now. I'm going to 'cut and run', as Del would put it B)

That's outrageously speculative. Other than ending the Iraq war I think it's ridiculous to believe that defense would be radically different under Kerry than it was under Clinton.

You really think that the War in Iraq prevented another 9/11? Want to supply some evidence of that? Because what I think prevented another terrorist attack is drunken starlets like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton getting drunk and coked up and crashing cars and flashing their see-you-next-tuesdays everywhere. I think that stuff is such an entertaining train wreck that terrorists had to watch instead of trying to blow it up. And until you supply some, there is exactly the same amount of evidence to support my theory as yours.

You are right. My statement was speculative, and I do not have specific evidence to prove my claim. I will readily admit that.

However, I do know that Kerry flip-flops like a dying fish on dry land. When the wind blows North, Kerry goes North. When the wind blows South, Kerry goes South. I mean, let's look at his stances on the Vietnam War. At the very, very beginning, public opinion of the war was positive. So Kerry joins the army and goes to fight. The day public opinion of the war goes sour, Kerry drops out, comes home, and starts protesting it. The wind changed... so did Kerry.

I know that's the past, but he hasn't changed. This man still doesn't stick to his guns:

Here's an article from October 14, 2004:

Flip-Flopping Catholic? (Senator Flip-Flop)

Need more recent?

Here is a video upped to Google videos on Dec. 31, 2006:

John Kerry Flip-Flopping on Iraq

And I will find more examples, more and more recent, too, but I'm in class at the moment... :D

This scares me, and makes me glad he lost. Kerry changes with the wind. Simple as that/ How can we trust someone as President when we can't even trust his stance?

With Bush, we can't always trust what he says, nor (at this point), his second-term presidency. But we can, at least, trust that he will keep his stance and not change his mind as the wind changes. That's an important quality to have as President. Kerry didn't have it, and that hurt him.

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. The way you were talking sounded like you were Conservative. :)

I do disagree with a lot of what you're saying. And I'm a Liberal :lol: But I come on this board to have fun, and I seem to always get drawn into political arguments because I wasn't smart enough to stay out of it :lol:

So I'm going to step out now. I'm going to 'cut and run', as Del would put it B)

Wah! :'(

lol :D

Oh believe me. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really saying some of this. :D

If Bill Clinton could run again, I'd vote for him in a heart-beat. I would have even voted for Gore if I was able to vote in the 2000 elections.

With Kerry and Bush, though, I did research. The way I saw it, Bush was the lesser of two evils, which pained me, because I didn't like Bush then, and I like him less now. I can't wait to see Bush out of office.

In this election, the choices suck. Between the democrats and republicans, there is no lesser of two evils. You're voting for Satan or his just-as-evil alter-ego.

Republicans:

-Rudy Giuliani needs to quite with 9/11 campaign. Does the idiot think it's gonna work?

-Mike Huckabee... who?

-Duncan Hunter has absolutely no shot... to be honest, his Presidency would be non-existent. We as an American people would probably forget we even have President if he go in...

-John McCain... yeah right. Straight Talk Express my ass. I would love to see this guy do some actual straight talkin'.

-Ron Paul... the only candidate in this whole campaign (besides Stephen Colbert if the SC Dems weren't a bunch of assholes and let him in) I support

-Mitt Romney... Another one that scares me

-Tom Tancredo has no shot

-Fred Thompson should quit now... no one will ever vote for him. The only person who looks more evil is Cheney.

Democrats:

-Joe Biden... I know very little about him, but what I do know, I don't like.

-Hillary Clinton flip-flops as bad as Kerry did

-Christopher Dodd would just be bad

-John Edwards can keep his $400 haircut. Makes him a hypocrite, but all well...

-Mike Gravel may actually do okay, but some of his stances bother me

-Dennis Kucinich... the only reason to put this man in office is so his trophy wife can be seen more often...

beth.jpg

-Barack Obama is just a male Hillary Clinton... and sometimes, when I'm watching their "fights" in the debates, they seem really staged...

-Bill Richardson... who?

As per my stances...

Even though I'm a guy, I am pro-choice, because there are times when that pregnancy was not a choice, and the woman should have the choice of not having a baby she was, for all intents and purposes, forced to have.

I believe that if you're against gay marriage, don't have one and shut the fuck up (I find the idea of two men together disgusting, but love is blind... if they are willing to give up their entire lives for each other, sacrifice all their freedom for each other, raise a family together, and stay together to the very end, God bless them... as far as two girls together... I'm a guy :D).

On the other hand, I am anti-censorship and against political correctness. I may disagree with what (the comedian who played) Kramer and Imus said, but I will give up my life for their right to say it.

I also fully believe that, Bush or no Bush, we'd still be in some form of this war, because, when you strip it down to the bones, this war is the fanatical Islamic holy war. The only difference not having Bush would make is that it would be waged differently and it would probably be more popular.

THE GIULIANI Gay FILES

Rudy Giuliani was Mayor of New York City from 1994 – 2001.* During his time as Mayor, he worked with NYC’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community to advance a number of important civil rights issues. While the LGBT community often differed with Mayor Giuliani, it also agreed with him in a number of critical areas and was able to work with him to achieve real gains that improved our lives and those of our families.

Not only did Giuliani show a willingness to engage in a dialogue with the LGBT community, he:

* took part in the annual NYC Pride March and held annual Pride celebrations at Gracie Mansion where he lived as Mayor

* established and funded a Hate Crimes Task Force in 2000 so the City could fully investigate and prosecute bias cases

* was one of the first Republicans in New York to publicly support a statewide and federal hate crimes bill that included violence motivated by anti-gay hatred

* supported the passage of a statewide sexual orientation non-discrimination bill

* maintained $1.5 million in funding in the City’s budget for the LGBT community center’s capital campaign

* made high-level appointments of openly LGBT people to his administration

*signed domestic partner legislation in 1998 that at the time was the strongest such bill of its kind in the nation

While as a candidate for President, Giuliani has distanced himself from most of his earlier positions on LGBT issues, the documents and video clips that follow portray the Rudy Giuliani that earned him the “pro-gay” label he still carries with him today in his race for the U.S. Presidency.

*Link to remainder of article*

------------

The leading repub candidate is pro-gay rights!! :cheer:

I'm sure social conservative republicans are loving (pun intending) that!! :D

s-SURPRISES-IN-THE-GIULIANI-FILES-large.jpg

I voted Hillary here, although I'd strongly prefer Barack.

The only people who honestly have a chance are probably her and Giuliani, and I just find him irrevocably slimy. Not a fan of that fellow.

And Mitt Romney is positively laughable: anyone see this?

I voted Hillary here, although I'd strongly prefer Barack.

The only people who honestly have a chance are probably her and Giuliani, and I just find him irrevocably slimy. Not a fan of that fellow.

And Mitt Romney is positively laughable: anyone see this?

Everyone knows Romney meant to say Osama. When you're making about 4 public appearances every day with the cameras rolling, these kinds of mistakes are bound to happen.

I thought Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee and especially John McCain came off as winners from the debate with Fred Thompson somewhere in the middle and Guiliani and Romney looking like total hacks.

Ron Paul always comes off great at the debates. Like I said... Paul is my favorite candidate. Mike Huckabee is hit and miss, though he did a great job this past time. McCain impressed me, which is quite strange.

Both Giuliani and Romney always fail at the debates. Always. They're even laughing stocks with the republicans I know.

But Thompson... this guy needs to just quit. No one's gonna vote for him...

I predict that the woman pictured below will play a major role in the 2008 election. :D

Google the name "Huma Abedin" to find out why.

Yes! We have another Clinton conspiracy afoot! Nothing better really, it's like the good old days again. The strange demise of Vince Foster, TravelGate.......and now Hillary's lesbian lover.

God what a country this is. :D

Regards;

Ron Paul always comes off great at the debates. Like I said... Paul is my favorite candidate. Mike Huckabee is hit and miss, though he did a great job this past time. McCain impressed me, which is quite strange.

Both Giuliani and Romney always fail at the debates. Always. They're even laughing stocks with the republicans I know.

But Thompson... this guy needs to just quit. No one's gonna vote for him...

I see you're just as stoked about "The Dark Knight" as I am.

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood you [Nathan]. The way you were talking sounded like you were Conservative. :)

Probably an easy mistake for someone who thought "Clinton did an amazing job in office." ;)

The only person who did an amazing "job" in that office was Monica Lewinsky. :P

(I think you should have said that the Republican controlled congress did an amazing job... and a guy name Alan Greenspan too.) :whistling:

It's funny but when I look at your photos I don't see a liberal.

...but then again I'm probably not looking for that in your photos. B)

That sounds so Lorena Bobitt-ish whan you say it that way.

:o

:lol:

Probably an easy mistake for someone who thought "Clinton did an amazing job in office." ;)

The only person who did an amazing "job" in that office was Monica Lewinsky. :P

(I think you should have said that the Republican controlled congress did an amazing job... and a guy name Alan Greenspan too.) :whistling:

It's funny but when I look at your photos I don't see a liberal.

...but then again I'm probably not looking for that in your photos. B)

That sounds so Lorena Bobitt-ish whan you say it that way.

:o

:lol:

I'm sure I missed his Clinton quote...sometimes I skim these posts :P

Oh, I'm not just a liberal, I'm an extreme left-wing liberal B) A socialized health care system sort of liberal.

And what exactly do liberals look like? :lol:

I hope I don't look conservative... :ph34r:

ann_coulter_talking_doll.jpg

Archived