In Through the Out Door

Assembler

G'day,

My concert buddie, who happens to be my brother and I were having a discussion regarding ITTOD. He's saying it was originally released with a different cover. At least a different cover than the only one I can remember which is the CD one. The one with the guy at the bar.

Does anyone have a copy of the LP / tape. And maybe it got released with different covers in US, AUS, UK? Would like to get a desent pic of the original if anyone has it?

Pull it to bits...

I'll put it together...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Does anyone have a copy of the LP / tape. And maybe it got released with different covers in US, AUS, UK? Would like to get a desent pic of the original if anyone has it?

It was released with six different covers, each labeled A,B,C,D,E or F on the spine.

However, each of the six covers was just a depiction of the same scene, but from

a different angle. All of them were sold wrapped in a brown paper sleeve so you

didn't know which cover you had until you opened it. A full set of covers in mint

condition goes for about $150-$200.

the in through the out door section of the main board has reproductions of all 6 sleeves, I think.

Go into discography,select I.T.T.O.D and go from there,if I remember correctly...

The six different scenes represent the points of view of the bar attendees that are across from one another, for example the people at the piano look in the direction of the guy at the door, and the guy at the door looks at the people on/by the piano. I have a couple of first pressings and the inner sleeve is water activated so color magically appears.

I have an original tape,it's got a pretty boring cover,I can't scan it so the only descrip. I can give is a five barred square that says Led Zeppelin In Through The Out Door within each bar,the rest is just a brown blank square.It still goes off thanks to the pioneer tape deck.

Archived