What songs did you want to hear from the O2 show that weren't played?

Am I the only one who would have loved to have heard Mr Plant say "Ladies and gentlemen, Jason Bonham, MOBY DICK!"

Anyone?

I would have to say no. That song is sacred to Bonzo. Imo, the only way it would have worked was if...as was suggested by Jason during the planning and rehearsing for the O2...that Jason played a segment of Moby Dick alongside a film of his Dad, in tribute and recognition of him.

However, as I posted earlier in this thread, I would have certainly loved to have heard Jason play a couple of signature Bonzo beats like The Wanton Song or When The Levee Breaks.

WTF? How do you know they did Rover in rehearsal and why wasn't I told? :P

Well, I know a few things. Not as much as some other people, but enough.

:D

Edit: Immigrant Song??? Percy had enough problems with that in 1990. Great song, but I just don't see that one happening if they ever play again.

I'll stick to my original 3 (ALS, The Rover, TYG) and add The Lemon Song. Put some spotlight on JPJ. Also, I can do without Black Dog and Ramble On.

They did Candy Store Rock in rehearsal too.

I have a boot of Page/Plant performing this in 2001. Meh, it was ok.

I would have to say no. That song is sacred to Bonzo.

I know what you mean but I think Bonzo was pretty under-represented on the night. Moby Dick, along with showcasing Jason's ability and connection to that song and to his father, would have redressed that and shown a more rounded Zeppelin.

Either that or Bonzo's Montreux, assuming that it's even possible to play that live with one drummer lol.

I was hoping for Stairway which, of course, they did. Next on the wishlist was In The Light.

The odd thing. when Plant started talking about bonzo and how he sand the wind cried mary over and over and the h had jason start singing... wouldn't it have made more sense to do the ocean?

I've got four already and now we're steady and then they went....

I was shocked that he sang some lines to I can't quit you baby. It would have been soooo appropriate to do the ocean.

Feedback please!

• 2 weeks later...
First of all: I like the setlist, they knew best what to play.

What I would have loved to be played:

IN THE LIGHT!!!

Achilles

short acoustic set:

Going to California

Hey Hey What can I do

Over the hills and far away /four sticks /fool in the rain. and "last song of the night "the rain song.

The Hokey Cokey. Why didn't they play the Hokey Cokey? Everyone likes it. It's good fun. We all know the dance and could have joined in.

20,000 people doing the Hokey Cokey has to be a good thing. Hang on ..... lets not forget the 4 people on stage too. 20,004 people doing the Hokey Cokey all together.

:D

Hoped they would have done

The Rover (they did it in rehearsals along with Candy Store Rock

--- hope these end up as bonus on dvd; at some future point in time)

Celebration Day

The Ocean

The Rain Song

Achilles would have been cool, too.

Maybe they're saving those for some other one-offs and/or future gigs.

R B)

You know, that's a good point. IF O2 ever ends up on DVD, it should definitely include rehearsal songs, footage, and pics. It's unlikely I'll ever hear The Rover live, so I'll take it in rehearsal form if I can get it! :D

That would be very great to hear on an official release.

• 1 month later...

Just my opinion, I loved that fact that they played "For Your Life"....I wish they would've played more of the songs that they rarely played live.......

I really didn't need to hear "Misty Mountain Hop" or "Ramble On"...just my opinion..(I've heard those live before) the rest of the songs were "Must Plays"

Fool in the Rain

In the Light

Down by the Seaside

Thank You

All My Love

Tea for One

The Ocean

and of course Achilles Last Stand

They could've played 'Mary had a Little Lamb" and I still would've been geeked!!! <_<

Here we are 6 months later, and I still remember everything about that show!!!

Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll:

Heartbreaker

Achilles Last Stand

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Not asking for any miracles here, just those two would have been great. Heartbreaker sounded awesome at the Atlantic Reunion, so, can you imagine how sweet it would have sounded here?

• 1 month later...
Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll:

Heartbreaker

Achilles Last Stand

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Not asking for any miracles here, just those two would have been great. Heartbreaker sounded awesome at the Atlantic Reunion, so, can you imagine how sweet it would have sounded here?

I would have loved to have heard "Custard Pie," "Houses Of the Holy," "The Rover," "The Wanton Song," "Night Flight," "We're Gonna Groove," "Walter's Walk," "Ozone Baby," "Darlene" and "Wearing And Tearing." ROCK ON!

Archived