What songs did you want to hear from the O2 show that weren't played?

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my reunion set:

Good Times, Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

Over The Hills and Far Away

In My Time Of Dying

Misty Moutain Hop

Since I've Been Loving You

When The Levee Breaks

The Rover

No Quarter

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Trampled Underfoot

Achilles Last Stand

Kashmir

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love/Boogie Chillun

Rock and Roll

Now that's a nice set list! :D

I'd guess the setlist was choosen as a combination of songs that would suit Plant's current vocals and ones that the band thought projected the right image, less hippish/progish and more unfettered gradure.

If there was a reunion tour with Plant then I actually think focusing on the latter day material would be more interesting since we never heard much of it atmpted in the 70's.

Dream Set:

Whole Lotta Love

How Many More Times

When The Levee Breaks

Thank You

Tangerine

Achilles' Last Stand

The Rover

Ramble On

Carouselambra

Trampled Under Foot

Going To California

Over the Hills and Far Away

Dazed And Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Kashmir

encore

Immigrant Song

final encore

Rock And Roll

Bron Yr Aur (dark stage/overhead exit track)

ledzeppelin.jpg

I thought for sure they would of played Heartbreaker or possibly Over The Hills... I was surprised that they did Misty Mountain Hop and especially where it was in the set. Overall, I was extremely happy with the set. Two years ago who would of thought we would have got any of this. We can't take it for granted. :rolleyes:

I think the set was a good representation of their catalogue and there's naturally a huge selection of the other songs we'd have loved to have heard as well. But the important thing as you said is they did play and they played pretty damned excellent!

Here's my reunion set:

Good Times, Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

Over The Hills and Far Away

In My Time Of Dying

Misty Moutain Hop

Since I've Been Loving You

When The Levee Breaks

The Rover

No Quarter

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Trampled Underfoot

Achilles Last Stand

Kashmir

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love/Boogie Chillun

Rock and Roll

No Immigrant Song?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Immigrant Song.

How did that one miss out on rehearsals?

Keep in mind, when you add a song, then something that was played would have to be nixed....

They're not going to plat for 3 1/1 Hours !!!!

Anyways, I would have liked to have seen and heard thm play "We're Gonna Groove" or "Train Kept A Rollin'".

As for Immigrant Song, I could take it or leave it.

It gets played too much on Radio already, so I'm sorta sick of it, regarless of the balleyhoo it gets from the School of Rock movie..... It's okay live, but, like I said, I can't think of a song they played that I would have them take out, to then include Immigrant Song. What key did you want Robert to start in, bty ? ? ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll throw my 2 cents in.......

I was hoping to hear some songs that I haven't heard before live..I have numerous boots with all kinds of versions of "Stairway", Kashmir", Whole Lotta Love",

I loved the fact that they played "For Your Life" I wish they would've played more of the "not so popular" songs...if that makes any sense...

oh well, just my thoughts

I'll throw my 2 cents in.......

I was hoping to hear some songs that I haven't heard before live..I have numerous boots with all kinds of versions of "Stairway", Kashmir", Whole Lotta Love",

I loved the fact that they played "For Your Life" I wish they would've played more of the "not so popular" songs...if that makes any sense...

oh well, just my thoughts

It does make sense and yes, on the one hand I would agree it's always great to hear songs not normally done live. But from the standpoint of the concert being a one-off event, I think the set list was well chosen and a good representation of their history.

It does make sense and yes, on the one hand I would agree it's always great to hear songs not normally done live. But from the standpoint of the concert being a one-off event, I think the set list was well chosen and a good representation of their history.

You're right, I guess you can't have everything, at least I can say I was 1 of 18,000 that got to see it :D

New ones they could've thrown together during the rehearsals preceding the show!

It was so good (except for the feedback the first 3 songs) I would have thought they would do some more shows for sure...I would have bet and lost the farm...I still think it will happen...maybe they should let Plant/Krauss open for them :D

Archived