What songs did you want to hear from the O2 show that weren't played?

The more I think about, it really would've been perfect to open with "Train Kept-A-Rollin", then GTBT, RO, and BD - and close with "I'm Gonna Crawl". But that's with this being the final performance in mind and only 1/4 knew that at the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess Achilles Last Stand and In The Evening could be seen as 'omissions', although to be honest I've never gone to gigs hoping for this song or that song, I've always liked seeing what it is that a band want to give us. Sounds a bit passive when put like that, but this is why it was so great when Zeppelin played For Your Life at the O2.

• 1 month later...

Heartbreaker

The Rain Song

Over The Hills and Far Away

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Achilles Last Stand

Something from In Through The Out Door, All My Love or Fool In The Rain preferably.

When The Levee Breaks

The Rover

Night Flight

Ten Years Gone

Achilles Last Stand

Hots on for Nowhere

The Ocean

Thank You

Heartbreaker

While I enjoy watching the dvd, I did wish that they would have gone a little deeper, especially after starting out with GTBT, & Ramble On.

• 1 month later...

Going To California, Celebration Day, and especially The Rain Song.

You can't have The Song Remains The Same without The Rain Song and vice-versa, IMO; Going To California because an acoustic song would have been nice; and Celebration Day because that's what the album was named.

I would have eliminated For Your Life, Trampled Under Foot, and Since I've Been Loving You in favor of those three.

All three are great songs, but TUF and SIBLY were pretty much phoned in by Plant on this night and FYL felt like it was there for the sake of having a new live song.

I would have switched a song or two around to make it this order:

Good Times Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

In My Time of Dying

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Misty Mountain Hop

The Song Remains The Same

The Rain Song

Going To California

No Quarter

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I already answered this (and stupidly at that), but given that there weren't any more concerts there's no point about lists for them, so at the O2 I'd love to have heard In the Light or Fool in the Rain instead of Misty Mountain Hop. I liked Jason's singing, but feel that just like with Kashmir, the technology today would have made ITL a spectacular full and lush soundscape and FITR could have showcased Jason's groove. Not sure how either substitution would work with the flow of the concert so maybe the song order would have to be changed a bit, but I'd still have made that switch. That way at least something from ITTOD would have been represented as I feel it really ought to have been. 

Also, I was ok with SILBY, but wouldn't have minded had it been either Tea for One or I'm Gonna Crawl in its place. They're both gorgeous songs and come from a different more experienced place personally and musically, and I feel that Robert doing SILBY now had him relying on tried vocal tricks. Not that it wasn't genuine, just... maybe too familiar. There were enough classic hits that a couple more surprises would have been an even greater pleasure. 

Each time I watch the O2 show it confirms a feeling about the first two songs. I wouldn't have changed them, but the sound of Jimmy's guitar stands out in a way that always takes me out of the experience somehow. So that would've been another choice that I'd have changed if I had a genie lamp. 

But these are minor alterations well after the fact when you can sit and analyze the thing to death. At the time, I was yearning for the ticket, then for the boots, and then for the official DVD and but for missing out on the ticket, I was thrilled with the show. There was so much pressure, and it was all so emotional, my God... and they did it!

I agree Patrycja, I too wished they had played a cut from ITTOD and also Robert's voice really fit the Presence/ITTOD songs at that point.  He was really spot on in the two versions of For Your Life we have, IMO.  Since that anniversary of the gig is fast approaching, I will be checking out both the rehearsal and 02 shows very soon!

:peace: 

Archived