Ted Nugent On Meeting Pagey.....Why I hate Ted

Thanks! Seriously, Ted can be funny, but he doesn't have the ultimate-cool-rock-star vibe that Pagey has in spades. How many people do? Ted ain't sexy, Pagey is.

Ted doesn't have to go around bashing others to be funny.

That was the weirdest show. Jason was the only normal one on there!

It's very funny in places. Jason was the voice of reason! He refused to go shooting with Ted as he didn't want his son witnessing him taking messing with firearms lightly.

The quote I posted earlier in the thread was actually from a conversation between Ted and Jason. Ted couldn't comprehend the notion of being an alcoholic (as you may know, Jason had a major drink problem and entered rehab...he's been clean about 7 years now).

Ted Nugent is such an arse. Not sure when this was from from but ran across it on youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0hjiBj7pA...feature=related

All I had to do was see Ted's name to know that I didn't want to waste my time watching it. Who cares what Ted has to say, now or ever. He's a pompous ass (we already knew that, though) who lost me after slagging Hendrix (and anyone who doesn't share his particular 'lifestyle')...

That was the weirdest show. Jason was the only normal one on there!

Thats funny, because i always thought Jason was a little weird. But it could be his personalty fighting between his English roots and American life.

If you put bonzo in any band, it would automatically sound zeppy, so it's no surprised if it happened to Jason.

He once said " I can't believe that smoking, drugs or alcohol are more powerful than p*ssy" in a conversation where he was explaining why he never drank or took drugs.

The two loudest concerts I ever attended were Ted Nugent.

Both times he commented on "all that sweet Alabama p*ssy."

Ted's trippin'in his own way,he needs no drugs.

I read interviews where Nugent slams Page endlessly. Pretty bold for an intermediate level guitar player at best. I have guitar students who have been playing for a year that can play better than Nugent. But thats Ted. He does the talking with his mouth and Page does it with his fingers.

The key line is.."THIS IS EMBARRASSING.." to which the only response would be"Yes, Ted, but not in the way you think. At all." It strikes me that Jimmy Page has never endorsed drug-taking in the relentless, self-serving[and self-aggrandizing] way that 'The Nuge' continually reminds you that he's 'straight'[ie- no drugs, no alcohol]. Not to mention his oddly camp/macho huntin' and a-shootin nonsense,all of which tends to stand way in front of his music in a way that Jimmy's drug taking never has done. His drugs have never been THE topic and superceded his musical career and achievements.Either critically or in terms of [self]promotion the music seems to have had precedence . Don't really think we could say the same for Ted and his predilections/lifestyle choices,could we?The man just seems to have a bunch of poses and affectations instead of a personality.

Can I be the devil's advocate here :)??! I too know uncle Ted's an "asshole", but he's the best "asshole" in the rock biz. He'd be much worse if he played and sang crappy disco duck garbage......give the "asshole" ,,,ooops...:) a BREAK will ya?!

Hey Ted, go Fuck Yo'self Pal. Go kill Deer and Turkey for a living cause you guitar work ain't hittin on shit ASSHOLE! Page may have wasted a part of his his life on drugs, but his talent is far greater than what you have ever accomplished, in or out of the music industry.

I can tell you Ted has always maintained he never used drugs. Having worked for him in the past, I do believe him. I can also add he's never held Jimmy Page in high regard.

i don't blame him. ted's megalomania must pound through his temple when he looks at page's body of work......and then his own. i would venture that page's doors of perception have been "cleansed" by his experience but poor ted's have never been open....

I have never like Ted Nugent. This really pushed me over the edge. Wait, forget never liked, I hate him. Jimmy Page's snot and boogers can play better than he can. Jimmy has played so many types of songs and Ted Nugent plays 1 kind. He is so conceited. Did he ever think that maybe someone can teach him something and he isn't the all knowing guitar god he thinks he is.

ted seems to think he's more deserving of life because he's "in control" and has never taken drugs. well that's nice for you you privileged asshole. get drafted and die in a war you fuck then tell me how in control you are. move into a slum get beaten and pimped out at 11 years old by your father you fuckhead then tell me how in control you are. move to china and spew your bullshit in a public forum and tell me how in control you are . you don't need drugs ted you're already an oblivious piece of useless shit.

Can I be the devil's advocate here ??! I too know uncle Ted's an "asshole", but he's the best "asshole" in the rock biz. He'd be much worse if he played and sang crappy disco duck garbage......give the "asshole" ,,,ooops... a BREAK will ya?!

don't be a sheep. if a new witch hunt or inquisition began tomorrow he'd be there egging it on as you dangled over the flames. this guy's a sociopath lunatic the only thing he'd like better than another small defenceless animal squishing under his tire

is for it to happen while he's on the way to pick up a license to legally kill all non n.r.a members.

Oh yeah, I really beleive Ted never took drugs! Ever seen the cover of the second Amboy Dukes album? It's covered with hash pipes!!! He claims to this day he had no idea "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" was about drugs! What Bullshit! He faked his way out of serving in Viet Nam (a charge he does not deny) yet he's a big supporter of US involvement in Iraq (just like his hero G. W. Bush). He claims to be a hunter but sells canned hunts (where animals are trotted out so someone with no real hunting skills can shoot them) on his ranch in Texas.

In short: a massive hypocrite! (And completely unremarkable guitarist)

His work with the Amboy Dukes was his best!

The song you mention, "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" is a psychedelic classic! Someone must have at least blown some reefer smoke in his face before he recorded it.

That 70's Cat Scratch Fever period sucked.

Ted, we all know the reason for your continuous slagging of other's : YOU HAVE A BABY DICK and feel so inferior that you feel the need to put others down to make yourself look good...such a pathetic 'human being'. In fact, you make our species look bad!

Ted, we all know the reason for your continuous slagging of other's : YOU HAVE A BABY DICK and feel so inferior that you feel the need to put others down to make yourself look good...such a pathetic 'human being'. In fact, you make our species look bad!

:hysterical: Baby dick! I wonder if he pees on himself.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Ted is unique in that, while he has one, he is one as well.

What would you expect from someone who lusts after young girls and kills things for the hell of it?

As for a role model I know who I prefer!

I haven't heard anything from Ted musically in a long time, not to mention the timeless classics.

Interestingly, music stores banned customers from playing Stairway because everybody liked the song so much it drove the storekeepers crazy from hearing it so often.

You won't see a sign like that in any guitar shop for any of Ted's music because nobody remembers it, let alone plays it?

Archived