Favorite album to throw out your voice with

guitarmy

Sometimes you just can't help it, and you've got to belt out a few lines...or maybe the whole thing.  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album is your favourite to sing along with?

• Led Zeppelin I
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • IV
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door
    • CODA

I'm not talking about any type of professional singing.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but when I'm in my car and listening to Led Zeppelin, there are certain albums that I just can't help but sing along with.

And then there are some albums where I just listen.

I only included studio albums because I think the non-studio albums are from a different grain.

I I had to choose between any of the live stuff, I'd probably explode.

Led Zep I. I can't help but to sing on Good Times Bad Times, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, You Shook Me, Dazed and Confused, Communication Breakdown, How Many More Times etc.

"They call me the hunter...that's my name!" :D

Amazing album!!!

well crap, I can't decide!

I found it easy to decide that I liked II the best overall, but when it comes to just screaming my head off I think I like every album.

More so the first 6 I think.

I'm going to think about it a little more and narrow it down.

I almost said Pg, but then I voted HOTH. Besides NQ, they're summertime songs and I love summer. I can't sing a note but I sing along to all Zeppelin albums. Except certain songs that deserve a certain kind of respect.

HOTH. I LOVE the "la-la's" on The Ocean, and singing No Quarter is always a satisfying experience, even though my brother once told me I sounded like a dead cat while doing it. And who doesn't love asking about that bridge on The Crunge? :D

Yeah I'm still trying to find that confounded bridge!

Since I can't sing to save my life...you could make a case that I throw out my voice upon singing any other Zep's songs. I guess Zeppelin II...."Whole Lotta Love" makes me try to scream "LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEE" with him each time and even though i fail....it always feels great.

Ok i finally voted for III.

I voted for II in the favourite album thread, but I think III meets the criteria for this pole a tad better than II.

But secretly, I'm still not sure If I picked my favourite because I don't think I can truly decide.

Oh and where's the support for Physical Graffiti? Maybe the people who like the album in the other pole just aren't the singing kind.

I voted for IV. Robert Plant hits the highest and loudest notes on that album.

If I tried singing Rock and Roll outside of my car I would probably be arrested. Follow that with Battle of Evermore and Stairway to Heaven and Misty Mountain Hop and I'm sucking on lozenges the rest of the day.

I voted Led Zep II.

WAAAAYYYYY DOOOWWWWNNNN INNNNSSSSIIIDDDEEEE, WWWWOOOOMMMAAANNN.....YOOOUUUU NNNNEEEEEEEEDDDD IIIITTTT!!! LLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE......

I've never seen it actually typed out. :D

But yeah, LZII is the "sing along" one for me, too!

II. For "What Is And What Should Never Be", if nothing else.

Actually I love singing Zep (and blowing my vocal cords out in the process), period. I've been playing in a band myself for quite some time, and we love covering Zep tunes now and then. Fun stuff. :D

Archived