Favorite album to throw out your voice with

guitarmy

Sometimes you just can't help it, and you've got to belt out a few lines...or maybe the whole thing.  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album is your favourite to sing along with?

• Led Zeppelin I
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • IV
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door
    • CODA

I voted for IV. Robert Plant hits the highest and loudest notes on that album.

If I tried singing Rock and Roll outside of my car I would probably be arrested. Follow that with Battle of Evermore and Stairway to Heaven and Misty Mountain Hop and I'm sucking on lozenges the rest of the day.

Agreed I love singing along on IV. I can sing pretty well but my voice isn't in the tenor range like Robert Plant.... I'm a low bass. Despite this I try to wail just like he does..... and as long as there's music so my voice isn't the only thing you hear it doesn't sound too bad!! :lol: The easiest song for me to sing is Good Times Bad Times his voice doesn't go very high until the very end

I love the bridge bit! I find myself singing to anything that comes on, I almost said HOTH, but when it comes to singing along, I voted LZ III. Think Gallows Pole, Celebration Day, Out on the Tiles and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp ...oh, did I mention the Immigrant Song? Everyone loves singing to that one.

I agree with III.

I voted HOTH awhile ago, and I can't imagine why. But that's okay, I'll sing with any of them. Besides Zep, I have a great time throwing my voice out with I Got Dem Kozmic Blues Again, Mama! - Janis Joplin. I can never get louder then her. I guess I could turn down the volum but that wouldn't be much fun.

Agreed I love singing along on IV. I can sing pretty well but my voice isn't in the tenor range like Robert Plant.... I'm a low bass. Despite this I try to wail just like he does..... and as long as there's music so my voice isn't the only thing you hear it doesn't sound too bad!! :lol: The easiest song for me to sing is Good Times Bad Times his voice doesn't go very high until the very end

Jeez, I can't imagine...you must be dying at the end of that! I'm a girl, and I still can't hit the highest notes without sounding like a yowling cat. Granted, I'm definitely a contralto, but that should put me in about the same range as Robert, shouldn't it? The difference must be practice...guess I need to caterwaul along with SIBLY and the end of Stairway in my car more often...

Jeez, I can't imagine...you must be dying at the end of that! I'm a girl, and I still can't hit the highest notes without sounding like a yowling cat. Granted, I'm definitely a contralto, but that should put me in about the same range as Robert, shouldn't it? The difference must be practice...guess I need to caterwaul along with SIBLY and the end of Stairway in my car more often...

lol singing like Plant, while unhealthy for my throat/vocal cords, is not as bad as trying to sing with Freddie Mercury. I can "slide" my voice up way past it's normal range to hit notes like Robert does, but I can't do that with Freddie. Plant still is far from easy though

Oh yeah and my record player plays the records a little fast so it makes the pitch higher...... I'll leave that one to your imagination as to what that's like :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Close call between Led Zeppelin III and IV. But Stairway To Heaven, The Battle of Evermore, Rock And Roll % Co. won against Immigrant Song, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Gallows Pole & Cia. by a close finish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Presence

"OH, TO RIDE THE WIND...."

"FOOOOOOOOOOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEE"

"WHIIIIIIIIIISKEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!"

"N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-NOOOOOBODY'S FAULT!"

"YEEEEAHH...."

"NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, YEAH!"

[Quiet for the last track]

I'm not talking about any type of professional singing.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but when I'm in my car and listening to Led Zeppelin, there are certain albums that I just can't help but sing along with.

And then there are some albums where I just listen.

I only included studio albums because I think the non-studio albums are from a different grain.

I I had to choose between any of the live stuff, I'd probably explode.

My favorite album to listen to and totally wreck my voice to is "The Song Remains The Same" I did vote though, So very hard to pick 1 as they are all in my top ten. I have all but CODA on vinyl and missed UPS this morning delivering the complete studio box set, Song Remains The Same..........also have the order in for the new release Song Remains The Same on HD-DVD due out March 18th. Can't wait to watch that on my new 47" Aquos....Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin I , absolutely! Good times bad times and Dazed and Confused are my favorites and they always 'get' me. There's something in Led Zepp's music that makes you wanna rock you heart out! Literally! And when that sonic boom of Good times bad times hits your ears, you just can't help it! You gotta rock 'n' roll!

Archived