Why Did You Choose Your Screen Name?

The_Ninth_Scribe

I chose my name because I'm a big fan of Norse myths. Plus I'm a comic fan and Thor is my favorite comic character. Anyway, Mjolnir is Thor's hammer if you didn't know. Plus, Norse myths play a role in several Zeppelin songs..."hammer of the gods!"

B)

My name is Evan, hence "Ev". My last name starts with "S" and ends with "ter". So there you go: "Evster". I've been called that for 20 years.

2012 is the year of many prophesies. Mayan, Biblical, Hopi, Nostradamus, many more. Some say end of days, some say a time of great spiritual awakening. Of course, I hope it's the latter! :lol:

So there you go: Evster2012.

And yes, it came well before Rob Schneider did the "Richman! Making copies" on SNL!

My name is Evan, hence "Ev". My last name starts with "S" and ends with "ter". So there you go: "Evster". I've been called that for 20 years.

2012 is the year of many prophesies. Mayan, Biblical, Hopi, Nostradamus, many more. Some say end of days, some say a time of great spiritual awakening. Of course, I hope it's the latter! :lol:

And yes, it came well before Rob Schneider did the "Richman! Making copies" on SNL!

The clay Sumerian tablets tell it all...

why do you think mine is "bouncing-ship"

We will just make are ways back home when we learn to fly:)...theres nothing to be afraid about when it comes to 2012.

The "Blues" and the "Greens" with a tinch of "Red" for back up :)...try to decipher that

I just couldn't come up with anything interesting.

I like your username, it's most interesting :thumbsup: . But I must take exception to that line in your signature "I'M JIMMY'S ANGEL WITH A BROKEN WING". :angry: What's that make me? Robert's Devil With a Horney Tail???? hmmmm, on second thought...... :lol:

Hi Ev~~ good to hear this. I figured out the "Ev" part all on my own (ain't I smart?) but, yep, I hear Rob Schneider's voice every time I see your username. :P

But I must take exception to that line in your signature "I'M JIMMY'S ANGEL WITH A BROKEN WING". :angry: What's that make me? Robert's Devil With a Horney Tail???? hmmmm, on second thought...... :lol:

When I first read that line, I thought: Now wait just a minute here! Hard to find when your living at the Plaza Hotel? I was sleeping right on the park bench across the street, praying every night for deliverance from that Hell... pffft! It doesn't really matter now though. Both wings work just fine these days - but I don't like to spread them out often because it has this weird effect - kind of like a bull in a china cabinet, lol. Well, who ever his Angel was at the time, he blew his chance right out the window, huh? No sense us Angels fighting amongst ourselves... hugs to you all.

Robert's Devil with a horny tail, Hahahahahahaha! OMG! That was just too awesome!

The Ninth Scribe

We will just make are ways back home when we learn to fly:)...theres nothing to be afraid about when it comes to 2012.

Agreed. There will be no Armegheddon - not on my watch! And, if you need more comfort - this fear had surfaced once before during the last millennium. You should read some of those records. They're hilarious! But the old men, the keepers of the records... well, they love to speculate on these affairs. They don't mean any harm, it's just something that comes to men of a certain age.

The Ninth Scribe

I chose my name because I'm a big fan of Norse myths. Plus I'm a comic fan and Thor is my favorite comic character. Anyway, Mjolnir is Thor's hammer if you didn't know. Plus, Norse myths play a role in several Zeppelin songs..."hammer of the gods!"

B)

I'm not very familiar with the Norse myths, but that's one reason why I started this thread. In one forum I attended, there was a confusion over the screen name Laerad (also Norse), and when it came to light, what the meaning of that name meant, well... it was a misfortune for the members who misinterpreted it. Now when I attend a forum, I like to ask about the meaning of screen names because the dialogue is always interesting and it removes a lot of that kind of confusion.

Thanks for sharing Mjolnir.

The Ninth Scribe

well, for a start my usual un-abbreviated screen name is sinhaze.

the primary definition of haze is commonly referred too as a cloud of smoke.

and sin, is more than obvious. and very self explanatory.

i decided to combine the two to make it attain some particular extent of mysteriousness.

awesome story right, dudes?

well, for a start my usual un-abbreviated screen name is sinhaze.

the primary definition of haze is commonly referred too as a cloud of smoke.

and sin, is more than obvious. and very self explanatory.

i decided to combine the two to make it attain some particular extent of mysteriousness.

awesome story right, dudes?

I love hearing all the stories. Thank you for sharing yours, Haze. :thanku:

The Ninth Scribe

What do you derive from a person who is accustomed to the web saying "sn?" or s/n?

It certainly doesn't mean 'user name.' Screen name is as much if not more common than "user name."

When you register on any forum, they call it a 'user name'......

Live in a Fantasy World if you want to, that's your prerogative......

The clay Sumerian tablets tell it all...

why do you think mine is "bouncing-ship"

Sumerian cylinder scrolls! Yes! The Enuma Elish creation story! Pre-biblical Noah (Utnapishtim)? Epic of Gilgamesh? Zacariah Sitchen? Boy could we have a conversation! Start a thread, I'll be there! :beer:

Once upon a time in the sick world of 70's advertising, there was a character named "Bud-Man".

seaside_boardwalk_bud_man_2-sm.jpg

It was Bud-man's job to sell the idea of alcohol consumption to teenagers & children. I happened to have a favorite Bud-Man shirt, and wore it often. There was irony in this, because I wasn't much of a drinker....in fact, I had already earned a reputaton for being strictly organic. This wasn't lost on others, and one day while indulging in a classic 70's circle jerk, one of my friend's proclaimed...."Bud-Man ?....that should be "Bong-Man" ! Everyone laughed, and the name stuck like glue with me throughout my high school years. It wasn't a bad nickname to have, and it sure beat some of my friend's nicknames like "toast" or "Stump".

I'm sure the youngsters here don't know "Bud-Man" from "Joe Camel"....but probably not a problem for 9th Scribe, who was born in the same year as me. :)

Live in a Fantasy World if you want to, that's your prerogative......

You might want to tell that to the rest of the world, but if you feel compelled to take the issue up, here's a great place for you to start that argument:

Screen name:

1. For pseudonyms used for film appearances, see stage name.

2. For pseudonyms used for internet communications and BBSs, see User (computing).

3. The Screen Name service (also ScreenName) is a common password system that is required to use any services or programs from AOL, AIM, Compuserve, or Netscape.

4. An online identity. This may be a specific, sometimes unique identifier, alpha-numeric text string that represents a world wide based personality. A tag that uniquely identifies a human internet user.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_name

Go get em! :duel:

The Ninth Scribe

Archived