Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

On 5/6/2017 at 9:32 PM, Walter said:

By far, the cleanest horse on the track!  Great win!

A friend of mine really got lucky with the trifecta.  He boxed 4 horses and had the right 3 and got $4000 back for a $14 bet

The cleanest?  Never heard that one. But if you think he is triple crown material, wont know until we see the horses that drew posts 14 and 15 in the Preakness with a much better post.  My guess is one of them will beat the Derby winner

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

In just under an hour, Winx the best racehorse in the world is going for 20 straight (in a row) wins. It's on unbackable odds, paying $0.12  for each dollar bet.

In Australia my man.  Lets wait until the Breeders Cup.  Is he coming?  I will give you guys a horse today. Race 7 at  Churchill Downs the 10 has a big shot.  Has a 6f breeze in  1:12.  That is a BREEZE.  I have been hot.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, zepscoda said:

Predicting tomorrow's derby:
First - Bolt d' Oro
Second - Good Magic
Thrid - Justify

I had a trifecta 7-6-11.  Coming down the stretch I thought I had it.  I had seperation and the fucking 11 shit the bed on me.  I was talked onto the 6 and 11 by the commentators.  I liked the 7 and who wouldn't?  I also liked the 5, and I did not figure him to be coming late.  The 9 should have done that.  Eddie O had himself some day.  I mean he picked 3 races in exact order including the Derby.  I just did not like putting two speed horses together in my trifecta.   Typically in horse racing you have speedy types that burn out near the end of a route or long race like this.  Justify had plenty of gas.  He might be a triple crown winner?  I wont bet against him in the Preakness and I say he destroys the field.  The Preakness has always been a chalk players dream race.  Because not only does this race typically run to form, with favorites usually setting up the Derby winner for heartbreak in the Belmont three weeks later, but its the most predictable race for seasoned handicappers like myself.  No brag, just fact.  So to me Justify is the single unless he is ill or sore and I have heard no problem of him coming out of the Derby.  

So now we have 6 straight Derby's where the favorite won.  Last time was 1882, the year my late great grandmother was born.  She lived to the ripe age of 97 and passed in 1979.  

Giacomo was mentioned yesterday.  A day I will always remember.  I won $1500 and change on the pick 3 leading into the Derby.  It cost me $27 to make the bet going 3 deep in each leg.  And I felt mighty good about it.  The third leg, the Woodword Reserve Turf race was on that day won by America Alive, a horse out of the sire Quiet American.  A great Turf sire. He payed $37 to win and I had him that way also.  The sickening part is I was going to "buy" the Derby and play the pick 4.  If I singled any horse it would have been the second place finisher Afleet Alex who would have won if not for traffic problems that were insane. He weaved in and out but could not make up the ground and 100-1 Giacomo won.  A gray that Alex destroyed in the next two legs. So anyway, it would have cost me $27 X 20.   To cover every horse in the Derby to hit the pick 4.  $540.  I was then single and had no chains on me.  I should have spent the damn monty. The return was a half a million dollars.  The same amount one of those gold bricks in the movie "Black Sea" would fetch you on today's Gold market.  I am still sick over it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 8:07 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I guess there are big races in Australia at Mebourne tomorrow?   If you are around Mr Aussie when is the big race EST? I need the 3 or 11 now at Santa Anita to make a big score on the Pick 4.  I won $200 at Breeders Cup yesterday.

The race is on today at 3.00pm AEST in 4/12 hours.. New York is 16 hours behind Australia.

I like 3, 9, 11, 17. Not necessarily in that order.

54 minutes ago, Reggie29 said:

The race is on today at 3.00pm AEST in 4/12 hours.. New York is 16 hours behind Australia.

I used 23,3, 11 over 2.3.5.9.11.  I also played some tris and pick 4s.  Does not start til like 1130 pm here.  I have been hot here.  Hit two pick 4s in last two days.  So I am taking some shots at Melbourne.  If I had to pick one horse, It would be between 3, or 23. At 2 miles the post should not matter.  Good luck

I just hit ex and tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  23-9-17

Picked up $546 on this race. Only played tri for 20 cents like a jackass.  I could have killed them.  I was going to toss Finche in 4th in the superfecta because I feed Finch's daily.  Paid fucking $9,000!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

18 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

I gave you the winner and the bloody exacta Reggie.  I had the trifecta and I only used 1 horse for third.  17.  I should have bet a dollar on the tri and  the super. I swear I was going to put Finche 4th as I feed Finch's every day.  As for the first two, I handicapped them.  The 23 ran them down like they were standing still.  What a race.  I love Melbourne!!!!!!!!   I am $546 richer

Oh Reggie!!!!  Reggie?  Where art thou?😀🏇

Edited by LedZeppfan1977