The Ten Most Annoying Singers

Jahfin

by Rob O'Connor

It's stunning to learn that others don't share our tastes. Then again, how did an entire generation embrace faux wood paneling, shag carpets and putting thick plastic on their furniture? Well, someone thought it was a great idea!

Hey, I like Bob Dylan's voice and kept him off this list because I could! Instead, I found the ten singers most likely to make you drive off the road.

Now that's a terrible fate. Not only are you stranded in some ditch, but you're stuck listening to one of these ten singers, who it would seem are singing that way just to mock you. Oh, the injustice.

Click here for the list.

by Rob O'Connor

It's stunning to learn that others don't share our tastes. Then again, how did an entire generation embrace faux wood paneling, shag carpets and putting thick plastic on their furniture? Well, someone thought it was a great idea!

Hey, I like Bob Dylan's voice and kept him off this list because I could! Instead, I found the ten singers most likely to make you drive off the road.

Now that's a terrible fate. Not only are you stranded in some ditch, but you're stuck listening to one of these ten singers, who it would seem are singing that way just to mock you. Oh, the injustice.

Click here for the list.

Wow. Tiny Tim. Havent heard his name in a long time. "Tiptoe through the tulips". haha. But he was singing it to be funny. I like some of Frankie Valle's old stuff.

Whitney Houston comes to my mind, Everytime I hear her I can't help but think that she's just showing off her range. She can sure belt it out but for god sakes, she doesn't have to prove it to us with every song

Whitney Houston comes to my mind, Everytime I hear her I can't help but think that she's just showing off her range. She can sure belt it out but for god sakes, she doesn't have to prove it to us with every song

Same thing for Mariah Carey but thanks to American Idle melissma is a huge part of what people seem to like these days.

Also, no list of "annoying singers" is complete without Bruce Springsteen and Axl Rose.

4) Frankie Valli: Frankie Valli was a hero to some back in his day. I grant you this. He was consistent! He consistently sang in a voice designed to send dogs running for cover and perfect for breaking glass. "Rag Doll, " "Sherry," "Dawn," "Big Girls Don't Cry," the list is enormous. He very well could be tried as a war criminal. Who would object? Seriously? Who?

Are we allowed to compare Robert Plant with Frankie Valli ? Because as far as original range and later limitations, I think they have a lot in common. Eddie Kendricks (Temptations), and Frankie Lymon are really the only other falsetto male pop stars I can think of....although I'm sure there's more.

Andy Partridge of XTC can be annoying at times

Les Claypool of Primus can irritate

Michael McDonald of Doobies, Steely Dan etc. should shut the fuck up

Christopher Cross is in the same category as M. McDonald

Rod Stewart sucks, except his earliest singing

Steve Perry sucks donkey dicks

Yoko Ono is the worst

Buck Owens, I just can't watch him when he sings

William Hung, what kind of crap is that?

Hi all,

by Rob O'Connor

Jahfin,got something to ask you,since you know a lot about music,both today and yesterday,...

Dylan,ok,but he had something to say,and still does!Cash,not the best singer but then again he *knew* what he was singing about,he had been there and Dylan had his eye open,wide open,...

I guess Bruce,but hearing him sing 'Badlands' in 1980,Axel,singing 'Paradise City' in 1988,I guess it's all the time/material,...

I'll always have some Elvis,Holly,Muddy to help me crawl out of the ditch,....is my legs broken? :D

KB

Andy Partridge of XTC can be annoying at times

Les Claypool of Primus can irritate

Michael McDonald of Doobies, Steely Dan etc. should shut the fuck up

Christopher Cross is in the same category as M. McDonald

Rod Stewart sucks, except his earliest singing

Steve Perry sucks donkey dicks

Yoko Ono is the worst

Buck Owens, I just can't watch him when he sings

William Hung, what kind of crap is that?

I hate to say it but my husband and I don't even consider Yoko to be a singer. My husband is a fan of both Lennon and Zappa and he maintains that Yoko ruined this show:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JYyqc0nnH0g

Tom Waits. I just don't get it.

On this same subject. Keith Richards once said; "If you want to torture me, just put me in a room and have Geddy Lee sing at me."

There, i fixed the name. Daltrey may not be Paul Rodgers but he does not belong anywhere near that list.

Archived