'Achilles' outtake

In the early nineties a friend of mine had a album titled "Bonzo's Last Stand" which purported to be the 'last rehearsal' of the band. It included a fairly good version of ALS which apparently was recorded 'live' in the studio. I believe it also contained Kashmir and white summer, although the audio for these was horrible. My question is this: Is there any way to find out when this version of 'Achilles' was actually recorded? I believe the second side of the lp was actually all solo bonham stuff, pre-zep.

As horrible as it sounds, was there not a rehearsal session at jp's studio that night before Jb passed? If so, has any of this material seeped out into the marketplace? I imagine this would be something jimmy would erase just to keep out of the hands of the 'grave -diggers" any info on these recordings?

Edited for puntuation and to apologize if anyone is offended by this topic.

I have this boot:

Led Zeppelin

1980 Rehearsal

May 1980 Victoria Theatre, London, England, United Kingdom

1. White Summer

2. White Summer

3. Black Mountain Side

4. Kashmir

5. Achilles Last Stand

6. Achilles Last Stand

7. Stairway to Heaven

Hopefully this contains the rehearsal in question.

I have this boot:

Led Zeppelin

1980 Rehearsal

May 1980 Victoria Theatre, London, England, United Kingdom

1. White Summer

2. White Summer

3. Black Mountain Side

4. Kashmir

5. Achilles Last Stand

6. Achilles Last Stand

7. Stairway to Heaven

Hopefully this contains the rehearsal in question.

This makes sense, there was no audience and it was that track listing, although only one version of each of those songs...like i stated above, the 'version' i had acces to had one side of the lp all solo/pre-zep bonham. Thanks for the re

I have the album "Bonzo's Last Stand- The Last Rehearsal Sept 80". The cover is a color montage of Jimmy playing a doubleneck in the white dragon suit, a space type photo of the earth & moon, Bonzo playing drums wearing a bowler hat, Robert & JPJ from Knebworth, a zeppelin & some demonic faces.

side1- White Summer

Kashmir

side 2- Achilles Last Stand

Stairway To Heaven

I have the album "Bonzo's Last Stand- The Last Rehearsal Sept 80". The cover is a color montage of Jimmy playing a doubleneck in the white dragon suit, a space type photo of the earth & moon, Bonzo playing drums wearing a bowler hat, Robert & JPJ from Knebworth, a zeppelin & some demonic faces.

side1- White Summer

Kashmir

side 2- Achilles Last Stand

Stairway To Heaven

where'd you get it?

Archived