Current Obsessions

DoubleNecker

If you're like me at the moment, you have something of an obsession for a band, a song, or an album. I currently have an obsession with Roy Harper. Some pretty amazing stuff....I mean, this has been a very adventerous week for me, I've listened to so many different things and yet Roy harper's stuff is just simply amazing.

Anybody else having an obsession over something?

Orchestral Movie Soundtracks, they are just epic and awesome. Currently listening to the Soundtrack for Princess Mononoke a lot (It's an Anime) and it's pretty awesome.

Mononoke Hime is great. The original soundtrack is good, but the selectred orchestra album is incredible.

My daughter gets into anime......all things Japanese, actually. One of her fav CDs is the Hayao Miyazaki Collection, it has a couple of those you've mentioned plus Totoro and others.

And I've been obsessing lately over DoubleNecker's sig group, The Who. Some days I'll put Tommy on replay, can't get enough of it...sounds lame, I know LOL.

Journey!

A few days ago I was at my university's rival school for their last day of classes and they had a Journey cover band performing (amongst a pretty good lineup). It was so sick (or maybe I was just too wasted to remember how much I actually dislike Journey).

Yat Kha from Mongolia.....their singer has the weirdest voice ever (he is able to sing 2 tones at one time)......they even covered "When the levee breaks" among other cool songs on their last album.

go check it out.....but beware, it is VERY very weird stuff indeed.

Songs I'm obsessed with at the moment:

Eagles - The long run

Led Zeppelin - Night Flight

Gary Moore - Out in the fields (live)

Bon Jovi - Give love a bad name

Rod Stewart - Have you ever seen the rain

Scorpions - Hour I

I was obsessed with that song once, it make me completely enamoured by Bon Jovi for ages! :wub::blush:

I'm kind of obsessed with 'Got to Give it Up' by Thin Lizzy.

Yeah I usually am too on saturday and sunday mornings. B)

Right now I'm a bit obsessed with ELP and Genesis. Then there's my all time obsession: The Beatles!!! I can't never stop listening to them.

yeah! I agree. It's a really great band ;)

I'll love Beatles FOREVER!!

:)

I have an obsession for finding new vinyls.. I'm spending more and more money each month on purchasing records. It's not healthy, especially not for the economy. But fuck it, it could've been worse, I could've spent it on horse races or something, which I'd never do.. :D

Another obsession seem to be that I'm beginning to pick up some of my old sleaze hard rock CD's lately, and listen to them.. Some of it is still good, and some of them hasn't age very well.. Maybe it's the last year resurrection of the genre.. Younger bands beginning to take form with a lot of influence from bands like Mötley Crüe, G'n'R and LA Guns and so on.. I gotta stop doing this shit, I don't wanna live it again.. I'm past that! :D

I actually am a little obsessed with this album here V

2yxgr69.jpg

Acid-folk (rock) music that I'm sure nobody here has heard about. I found it on a blog and thought "Hmm...what the hell." so I downloaded it and listened to it and fell in love. It's a pretty groovy album.

Archived