Stupid Question About Robert

MightyZep

• 1 year later...
Hi I have a kind of stupid question, but I am wandering if anybody will have an answer. I have a bit of OCD, as we all tend to have traces now and then. Anyway, I came across several pictures of Robert like I have before, being a Zeppelin fan. Nothing really, they were all from different eras: some from the early 70's all the way to current day. But as I was looking I noticed that his eye color sometimes was blue, and then other times it was dark brown. I know that's pretty odd to pick up on, but... It struck me as weird. So I started scanning through other pics, magazines, my Zep DVD's, and found the same results: sometimes his eyes were blue and sometimes brown. Maybe I am crazy, or maybe he is just wearing colored contact lenses sometimes. I tried to blow it off, but the OCD thing kicked in and now for some reason it is bothering the hell out of me. Anyone noticed this, or have an answer?

Just so people don't think you're crazy, Mighty Zep, I recently spent a LONG time going through the "hot pictures of Robert" (there are over 100 pages!) section on this forum, and there are some photos where his eyes look brown, so I was wondering about the colored contacts too! I do assume his eyes are blue or hazel because in the vast majority of pics I've seen they look that way.

As for those of you who've gazed into his eyes in person, I'm turning GREEN.

Just so people don't think you're crazy, Mighty Zep, I recently spent a LONG time going through the "hot pictures of Robert" (there are over 100 pages!) section on this forum, and there are some photos where his eyes look brown, so I was wondering about the colored contacts too! I do assume his eyes are blue or hazel because in the vast majority of pics I've seen they look that way.

As for those of you who've gazed into his eyes in person, I'm turning GREEN.

His eyes are blue. Doubt he wears contacts as I've seen him either holding or wearing glasses.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was confused!

I really noticed it watching the Led Zeppelin DVDs one day. In Albert Hall they look very bright blue, but at Knebworth they look brown/hazel.

It's weird, though. Changing blue/green is kinda normal, but not really blue/brown...

:huh:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was confused!

I really noticed it watching the Led Zeppelin DVDs one day. In Albert Hall they look very bright blue, but at Knebworth they look brown/hazel.

It's weird, though. Changing blue/green is kinda normal, but not really blue/brown...

:huh:

Red stage lights reflecting on blue and green will render brown. ;)

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, Claudia Gail Frick said:

i met them in 1970 and can say ABSOLUTELY that Robert has BROWN eyes , Jimmy has black eyes and john bonham had the bluest eyes  i have  ever seen. 

RP ME.jpg

Great photo I haven't seen before? Can you tell us about it...the where, the when, and what's happening? Thanks for sharing.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Great photo I haven't seen before? Can you tell us about it...the where, the when, and what's happening? Thanks for sharing.

It's in the Timeline. There's another pic as well. She was bringing Robert a leather horse saddle(?) 
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-22-1970

Claudia - do you have any more pics?

^great picture. I am jealous :) 

in some pictures his eyes look dark but I have always felt that the true color of his eyes is blue. I don't think he would have sang "Good times, bad times, You know I had my share, When my woman left home, With a brown eyed man, Well, I still don't seem to care" if he too had brown eyes :P

4rb6ex.jpg