First Email from a Led Zeppelin Gig

Having pre-prepared the appropriate email on my Blackberry I sent it immediately on the first note of Good Times Bad Times - Bearing in mind you could barely send a fax in the heady days of Knebworth and the last European Dates, I am happy to lay claim to the first email from a LZ concert - unless you know better!

By the way- as for who else was there - who gives a monkeys, the band were, I was (in tears) and so were few thousand other people in whom I have to say I had no more than a passing "get out of my way" interest.

By the way- as for who else was there - who gives a monkeys, the band were, I was (in tears) and so were few thousand other people in whom I have to say I had no more than a passing "get out of my way" interest.

Like the way you think. I acknowledge your claim. However, there is no prize to be won.

Having pre-prepared the appropriate email on my Blackberry I sent it immediately on the first note of Good Times Bad Times - Bearing in mind you could barely send a fax in the heady days of Knebworth and the last European Dates, I am happy to lay claim to the first email from a LZ concert - unless you know better!

If you want to claim this, fine. It's not exactly groundbreaking or worthy of a thread on this forum.

If you want to claim this, fine. It's not exactly groundbreaking or worthy of a thread on this forum.

Do I then also get the award for the first person to post something that they were the first person to do so trivial at a LZ gig that was not worthy of mention on the forum"? Whilst quite happily acknoledging your claim to be the "first person to point out that someone elses claim to have done something first at an LZ gig was so trivial as to not be worthy of mention in the forum"

Trivial maybe, but by definition groundbreaking. No way Peter Grant would have allowed anybody to send an email from an LZ concert - god rest his soul.

Do I then also get the award for the first person to post something that they were the first person to do so trivial at a LZ gig that was not worthy of mention on the forum"? Whilst quite happily acknoledging your claim to be the "first person to point out that someone elses claim to have done something first at an LZ gig was so trivial as to not be worthy of mention in the forum"

Trivial maybe, but by definition groundbreaking. No way Peter Grant would have allowed anybody to send an email from an LZ concert - god rest his soul.

Why?

It's not like you were ripping his money by bootleging the gig. You just sent a email.

Whilst quite happily acknoledging your claim to be the "first person to point out that someone elses claim to have done something first at an LZ gig was so trivial as to not be worthy of mention in the forum"

:lol: welcome Prime Mover, you should fit in fine here :lol:

congrats

i couldnt even get on this board during the show...had to go to another board to hear about the setlist.

I went into a 30 day rehab for alcohol on December 7...no TV, newspapers, computers, etc., allowed. My wife would visit me on Sunday's and bring me a smattering of reviews of the 02 show she faithfully gathered from the internet. I was like a kid on Christmas. I couldn't wait to sit with my always filled coffee cup and devour every word and detail and in spite of myself, imagine what it was like to have been there. Perhaps the one and only place on earth that I would have preferred to be even more than at my own home with my 4 precious kids.

But God is good because today I spent the entire morning and early afternoon watching the Led Zeppelin DVD. What made this experience especially electrically magic is my new Bel Canto EVO2i integrated amp, Marantz DV8400 universal player and my new and very sweet pair of Focal Profile 900 series speakers. Wow...did I mention the 50" Sony Hi Def TV? Did I also mention I can now enjoy doing something like this sober? Sobriety is sweet in more ways than one my friends.

But this morning it was almost like being there...ok, maybe not but the subtle nuances captured by the 5.1 Dolby digital sound and the sheer power ad presence of a realistically reproduced music experience via my new audio infrastructure was, in a word; sensational. Now that's how I like spending a lazy Saturday after a hard week.

Now I hate to start a fight amongst you fine folks, but as the world's biggest Zeppelin fan, and yes I am indeed, I sit patiently waiting for the innuendos, rumors well articulated and meticulously defended bona fides to fade into the background and JP/JPJ and Robert emerge and introduce those of us, particularly those who have carried their torch for 30+ years, to their collective musical prowess circa 2008-2009....

Now I hate to start a fight amongst you fine folks, but as the world's biggest Zeppelin fan, and yes I am indeed, I sit patiently waiting for the innuendos, rumors well articulated and meticulously defended bona fides to fade into the background and JP/JPJ and Robert emerge and introduce those of us, particularly those who have carried their torch for 30+ years, to their collective musical prowess circa 2008-2009....

Congratulations on completing your rehabilitation program. Jimmy has said the 02 Arena

was the first gig he played sober. I don't know about that, but I do believe if your ready for him he'll be ready for you. :)

Thank you...I never believed I could live this way, without my daily escape via two or three bottles of wine. But yes I can...or as Obama would say, yes we can...!

Playing this one in your honor right now my friend...

Absolution Blues

(Coverdale/Page)

Bless me, Father, I have sinned, I've broken hearts, got drunk on gin

An' still I lust for sweet young things.

On the day that I was born, bells rang out in Babylon

Still I can't tell right from wrong, no matter what the Good Book says.

Now I can see the sun is shining,

But, I can feel the rain

Falling down to wash my tears away,

Wash my tears away.

Holy Mother, save your tears, you've cried for me a thousand years

But, I was blind to all your fears.

Now I can't stop the tears from falling down.

Come the dawn of judgement day,

I'll get down on my knees and pray,

St. Peter don't you, don't you send me away.

But, I can feel the rain

Falling down to wash my tears away.

Bless me, Father, I have sinned, I've broken hearts, got drunk on gin

An' still I lust for everything, every little thing

Come the dawn of judgement day, I'll get down on my knees and pray,

The Good Lord don't send me away, I'll never ever go.

But, I can feel the rain

Falling down to wash my tears away.

Wash my tears away, I'll get down on my knees

Don't send me away, don't you send me away, no, no, no.

Playing this one in your honor right now my friend...

awesome song...great album. Still remember where I was when I heard the first release from this album, driving home on the freeway here in Santa Barbara California. I remember thinking that life couldn't get better...Jimmy was finally rocking hard again.

Thank you...I never believed I could live this way, without my daily escape via two or three bottles of wine. But yes I can...or as Obama would say, yes we can...!

Congrats on your sobriety.

It's a wonderful thing... ya get to participate in your own life... and discover that it's indeed worth participating in. Keep up the good work.

And SAJ... nice choice.

edited to add....

I almost forgot...

I certainly won't argue with your claim... ok by me unless/until I hear differently. I admit this is where I find that particular monkey, but if it makes ya happy, go for it.

BTW, glad you enjoyed the event and welcome to the board.

I think you did well man,good upon you and yours.

What I want to know is, why is this only coming out now. I mean, it's been almost 5 months now....

A fair question. Having browsed the forum over a period of some time, I only decided last week to sign up and get involved. As an inaugural post I decided to go with this rather than my other option of " my grandmother once met a man with long hair called Robert and it might have been Robert Plant"

I will of course be posting this at some time in the future, just before my " I opened Jimmy Page's car door for him and engaged in a brief conversation with him ( which I think was perhaps more of an event for me than him!) at Buxton Opera House when he and RP appeared for the Alexis Korner triubute" some provenance you ask - a Jaguar sovereign reg number A1 GTR.

Great set by the way that night!!!

Archived