A Led Zeppelin Appreciation Day

MATTY PAGE

Hi all,

If you think this idea is lame then we won't bother with it, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what you all have to say.

So we all kinda have to agree on a specitic date in the career of zep, otherwise it will be kinda pointless. So please try and agree on what dates other people on here suggest otherwise we'll be going round in circles.

Obviously not everyone is gonna be down with idea so just the people that are will be the ones that worship zep on a specific date. One date which wouldn't be great is the day Bonzo died, as awesome as he was it's a bit of a morbid date to celebrate zep's music.

Some memorable dates could be things like zeps last u.k gig at knebworth, the date the song remains the same went to the movies.

So feel free to suggest dates, and we'll all try to agree on one.

Basically on this date we'll remember the zeppelin, maybe all try to listen to certain songs/albums all at the exact same time, remember about this topic being started and the strong following zep have on this site. Maybe all watch the song remains the same at the same time, I know this wil all be tricky as we all have things to do other than appreciate the hammer of the gods.

Anyway that's all, sorry if you think it's gay!

Cheers

November 8, 1971 was my 16th birthday. The same day I lost my virginity whilst listening to Zeppelin IV with my virgin girlfriend. The music inspired us. We've been happily married now for 36 years. Our tryst produced a daughter named Raven. She is now 36. We are grand parents. I vote YES!!

November 8, 1971 was my 16th birthday. The same day I lost my virginity whilst listening to Zeppelin IV with my virgin girlfriend. The music inspired us. We've been happily married now for 36 years. Our tryst produced a daughter named Raven. She is now 36. We are grand parents. I vote YES!!

thats so awesome!

That's wonderful Jethro. Yet another story of lasting love of a couple brought together by Zeppelin, I love hearing about these :D

Edit* Sorry got carried away with the love vibes, meant to add what a good idea for a LZ day. The first rehearsal date is good, or maybe 12th January (release date for Led Zeppelin)

Hello all,

This is Mr. Matty Page the chappie that started this topic.

Right I'm thriled that I wasn't the only person who thought this was a cool idea. I think now it's about time I was assertive and came to a decision.

All the dates suggested are good dates to recommend, now I don't wanna get on my soap box but as I came up with this idea I need (and believe I'm entitled) to decide what date to use.

Now some of you aren't gonna agree with this date, but we're never all gonna meet up in person to discuss this in more detail. So I would like us to have a Led Zep appreciation day on Nov the 8th, the release of Zep 4. That date got mentioned more than once during this topic, and as iconic as zep 4 is I think it's a safe bet to say that's the date it's gonna be.

I hope that's cool with everyone, like I say it's impossible to please everyone.

So Nov 8th it will be. I shall remind everyone at the time about this important date for us. Now we need to get planning what we're gonna do, it would be cool if there were one or two things we could all do at the same time.

See ya

Archived