"Broken Wing"

Hang-man

In February 75, "People Weekly" reports an interview with Jimmy Page, A small part of this explains where i first heard the term "Broken Wing". Jimmy says......

"Lets just say I'm like a ship passing through storms, resting in ports now and then, until it's time to continue the journey. I once told a friend that I'm just looking for an Angel with a Broken Wing, one that couldn't fly away".........

In February 75, "People Weekly" reports an interview with Jimmy Page, A small part of this explains where i first heard the term "Broken Wing". Jimmy says......

"Lets just say I'm like a ship passing through storms, resting in ports now and then, until it's time to continue the journey. I once told a friend that I'm just looking for an Angel with a Broken Wing, one that couldn't fly away".........

...and I think he added "they're not easy to find, particularly when your staying at

The Plaza Hotel".

I always loved, and understood, Jimmy’s feeling of being a ship passing through storms and resting in safe harbors, until he was ready to continue his journey. But, 30+ years later and, only now, do I realize the poignancy of his words about the angels. Broken wings do mend and angels grow strong and can fly away…

...and I think he added "they're not easy to find, particularly when your staying at

The Plaza Hotel".

Touché!

I always loved, and understood, Jimmy’s feeling of being a ship passing through storms and resting in safe harbors, until he was ready to continue his journey. But, 30+ years later and, only now, do I realize the poignancy of his words about the angels. Broken wings do mend and angels grow strong and can fly away…

Beautiful. You bring tears to my eyes.

Always look for an angel with two strong wings...

:thanku: Thanks so much, my sister & I analyzed his Angel with a Broken Wing comment for hours back in '75. That's because the final quote....."one that couldn't fly away"......wasn't included in the article we read. So, that explains it! Going to email my sister ASAP & brag that I was right!!! :D

Wasn't Lucifer an angel with a broken wing?

How about Icarus? I like the Icarus analogy because he flew to close to the sun and melted his wings. Could Jimmy see a bit of himself in the story of Icarus?

Also, this was the beginning of Jimmy's publicly addicted and high phase. He never sounds as whimsical or poetically hard to understand after 77. He must have been hanging out with Robert Plant or something.

Wasn't Lucifer an angel with a broken wing?

How about Icarus? I like the Icarus analogy because he flew to close to the sun and melted his wings. Could Jimmy see a bit of himself in the story of Icarus?

Also, this was the beginning of Jimmy's publicly addicted and high phase. He never sounds as whimsical or poetically hard to understand after 77. He must have been hanging out with Robert Plant or something.

Your on the right track. Never mind the addiction, we're talking core belief: Who AM I?

The Jimmy Page of 1977 is most definately not the Jimmy Page of 1967.

He was in full flight.

:thanku: Thanks so much, my sister & I analyzed his Angel with a Broken Wing comment for hours back in '75. That's because the final quote....."one that couldn't fly away"......wasn't included in the article we read. So, that explains it! Going to email my sister ASAP & brag that I was right!!! :D

I know every time I saw your ani with the broken wing I felt soooo sad and empathetic. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or reach through the monitor and mend it :blink::blink:

Just a cool animation, you can tell there was much thought put into it.

Rolls>>>> :wacko:

[is this why Lori Maddox refers to herself in her last conversation with Jimmy in Hammer of the Gods as "An angel with a broken wing?"

I've heard some strange stories about Ms Maddox. I am pretty sure the depth of the statement is a bit more complex.

Anyone?

Please, no huge religion wars, chuckles :blink::blink:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

[is this why Lori Maddox refers to herself in her last conversation with Jimmy in Hammer of the Gods as "An angel with a broken wing?"

Now from what I've been told, this was Icarus as far as LZ goes. I mean come on here. William Rimmer did the painting AND his grandson now runs an animation biz in Canada.

And I think "The fallen Angel" was Michael, not Lucifer.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here ok :blink::blink: ?

Rolls >>>> :wacko:

Edit: It appears Michael did the casting of the demons out and lucifer. I don't believe in Satan anyhow. But that's just me. Have a good day.

I know every time I saw your ani with the broken wing I felt soooo sad and empathetic. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or reach through the monitor and mend it :blink::blink:

Just a cool animation, you can tell there was much thought put into it.

Thanks for your concern friend. Yes, the wing is on the mend but I don't think it will be strong enough on the 10th to fly that great distance, over the continent & the pond. So I'm concentrating now on perfecting Astral Projection techniques.

Thanks for the extra link guitarmy and for your comments Steve. Yeah, sis & I had considered the "fallen angel" angle too.

I like this topic :)

Thanks for your concern friend. Yes, the wing is on the mend but I don't think it will be strong enough on the 10th to fly that great distance, over the continent & the pond. So I'm concentrating now on perfecting Astral Projection techniques.

Thanks for the extra link guitarmy and for your comments Steve. Yeah, sis & I had considered the "fallen angel" angle too.

I like this topic :)

if you think it, is it not so? :blink::blink:

rolls>>> :wacko:

edit sp

If this is true then what Page possibly means is that it is hard to find any woman who would stay with him as he just constantly tours around and whatnot. Somebody who wouldn't fly away from him. Perhaps he feels he is too demanding?

Damn, this is a tough thread. During the 70s, there were many angels with broken wings. While they were waiting for their wings to mend, there was someone who made each one feel as if she were his favorite and, in doing that, gave them a sense that they were special and mattered to someone. When the angels grew strong and flew away, they realized that, when no one else was around to do it, he gave them a sense of their own personal dignity. And, they never forgot that.

Good read about Rimmer etc :blink::blink:

http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/swansong.htm

Rolls >>> :wacko:

Thanks Rolls, that looks like a very interesting website -- is it one of yours? I bookmarked it to read more at leisure.

Damn, this is a tough thread. During the 70s, there were many angels with broken wings. While they were waiting for their wings to mend, there was someone who made each one feel as if she were his favorite and, in doing that, gave them a sense that they were special and mattered to someone. When the angels grew strong and flew away, they realized that, when no one else was around to do it, he gave them a sense of their own personal dignity. And, they never forgot that.

Hmm, this is causing me to have some serious inner reflection......I mean, I've always thought of myself as the strong, independent type but now I'm questioning what subconcious part of me wanted to portray itself as "broken". That's too heavy & it's too late, so I'll just go to sleep instead. Let's chat in PM sometime, ok?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I read this interview it was really nice actually, and like at the last line the guy was like, "Any last comments" and Page said, "Yeah, I'm looking for an Angel with a broken wing" and they both laughed (Robert and Page)

As far as the link I posted, well it's ran by a chap named Duncan Watson. I met him in FBO. As far as the ren kyo it's the most common buddhist chant used, for some reason that came to my mind when I thought of Becky. I used to have a roomate who was buddhist so chanting is nothing new, and the religion itself predates and has more people than christianity. Here is Alchemy Mindworks, which is ran by a descentant of Rimmer. He may shed some light on the painting if you may.

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html

Before we float off to sleep, a very nice web about one of Pageys fav hobbies/passtimes

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

Have a splendid evening :blink::blink:

Perhaps this will help us mend angels with broken wings. Building up others confidence/ego is a win win situation....

Wow, what a great thing to write.

For sure one thing that is implied in "searching for an angel with a broken wing" is, helping them mend it.

Archived