"Broken Wing"

Hang-man

Thanks Rolls, that looks like a very interesting website -- is it one of yours? I bookmarked it to read more at leisure.

Hmm, this is causing me to have some serious inner reflection......I mean, I've always thought of myself as the strong, independent type but now I'm questioning what subconcious part of me wanted to portray itself as "broken". That's too heavy & it's too late, so I'll just go to sleep instead. Let's chat in PM sometime, ok?

I've been curious about your choice of "Angel With A Broken Wing." PM sent. :beer:

As far as the link I posted, well it's ran by a chap named Duncan Watson. I met him in FBO. As far as the ren kyo it's the most common buddhist chant used, for some reason that came to my mind when I thought of Becky. I used to have a roomate who was buddhist so chanting is nothing new, and the religion itself predates and has more people than christianity. Here is Alchemy Mindworks, which is ran by a descentant of Rimmer. He may shed some light on the painting if you may.

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html

Before we float off to sleep, a very nice web about one of Pageys fav hobbies/passtimes

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

Have a splendid evening :blink::blink:

Perhaps this will help us mend angels with broken wings. Building up others confidence/ego is a win win situation....

Rolls>>>> :wacko:

Interesting links! One of my personal favorites is: http://www.hermetic.com/

Wow, what a great thing to write.

For sure one thing that is implied in "searching for an angel with a broken wing" is, helping them mend it.

Thanks, my friend. It only took me 30+ years to realize that. :huh:

As far as the link I posted, well it's ran by a chap named Duncan Watson. I met him in FBO. As far as the ren kyo it's the most common buddhist chant used, for some reason that came to my mind when I thought of Becky. I used to have a roomate who was buddhist so chanting is nothing new, and the religion itself predates and has more people than christianity. Here is Alchemy Mindworks, which is ran by a descentant of Rimmer. He may shed some light on the painting if you may.

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html

Before we float off to sleep, a very nice web about one of Pageys fav hobbies/passtimes

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

Have a splendid evening :blink::blink:

Perhaps this will help us mend angels with broken wings. Building up others confidence/ego is a win win situation....

Rolls>>>> :wacko:

This is a very heartwarming statement; how kindhearted of you to say that. Definitely a win/win situation! I'm not familiar with the buddhist chant you wrote, at least not in writing, maybe if I heard it spoken. That looks like Japanese pronunciation perhaps?

That mouseover thingy you did in your sig is really cute, you'll have to teach me how you did it. We could put all kinds of subliminal messages in our posts, eh? haaa

Wow, what a great thing to write.

For sure one thing that is implied in "searching for an angel with a broken wing" is, helping them mend it.

Well, SunChild, that's the part that I'm trying to understand. Is it an intention to help heal or is it a control mechanism, used as a way to keep the weaker, broken one dependent on the stronger? Does that make sense? Am I being too cynical?

Obviously I'm not talking only about Pagey anymore, although he/this is a good example. It's an attitude I've seen in different relationships but I'm mostly thinking about those couples where there's an older man with a much younger woman. It's like the guy is saying "this poor helpless creature, she needs me to teach her about life, to provide her security, etc". This could never be a healthy relationship, could it? Like MSG said, eventually that helpless angel will grow strong & fly away. So it's not beneficial to either person it would seem. That's the part that I'm trying to understand. I like your interpretation much better than mine.....I just need some convincing, I guess.

This is a very heartwarming statement; how kindhearted of you to say that. Definitely a win/win situation! I'm not familiar with the buddhist chant you wrote, at least not in writing, maybe if I heard it spoken. That looks like Japanese pronunciation perhaps?

That mouseover thingy you did in your sig is really cute, you'll have to teach me how you did it. We could put all kinds of subliminal messages in our posts, eh? haaa

Well, SunChild, that's the part that I'm trying to understand. Is it an intention to help heal or is it a control mechanism, used as a way to keep the weaker, broken one dependent on the stronger? Does that make sense? Am I being too cynical?

Obviously I'm not talking only about Pagey anymore, although he/this is a good example. It's an attitude I've seen in different relationships but I'm mostly thinking about those couples where there's an older man with a much younger woman. It's like the guy is saying "this poor helpless creature, she needs me to teach her about life, to provide her security, etc". This could never be a healthy relationship, could it? Like MSG said, eventually that helpless angel will grow strong & fly away. So it's not beneficial to either person it would seem. That's the part that I'm trying to understand. I like your interpretation much better than mine.....I just need some convincing, I guess.

I do believe this boils down to control issues as far as I can tell. It depends on how old they are and if they want to be controlled or not also. Over controlling people can be a right pain in the arse. This I've seen in relationships. Depends on how young were talking too. Personally I wouldn't be involved with a really young girl myself. They are immature, think about instant gratification and cash!

I can show you how to do the mouseovers or about anything to do with computers. For the most part from repair to design.

Generally... :blink::blink:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

Yes, I think we should speak in generalities and leave Mr. Page (however good an example he may be) out of it. Your first sentence intrigues me because, in some instances, it is not one party's intent to heal but, in some way, whatever they provide to the second party DOES help heal. Sometimes an angel needs someone in her life to give her a feeling that she matters to someone. I am speaking in generalities so it reads sadder than it really was. In the end, for me, it seems to be a question about the difference between intent and outcome. This thread has really done a number on my head. Not that it's stopped me from reading and responding.

Archived