Jimmy left those lame edits in TSRTS!

Wolfman

So happy for the new stuff but I'm upset that Jimmy left that lame edit in WLL and D&C (and from what I hear No Q)....BUT he did add that great jam after Plant says "Do It" in Dazed (original soundtrack had one part...this one has all three like the movie)......ANOTHER QUESTION....don't have time to watch the new TSRTS but I notice the new version is only two minutes longer yet it has 3 new tracks...something sounds fishy here :blink:

So happy for the new stuff but I'm upset that Jimmy left that lame edit in WLL and D&C (and from what I hear No Q)....BUT he did add that great jam after Plant says "Do It" in Dazed (original soundtrack had one part...this one has all three like the movie)......ANOTHER QUESTION....don't have time to watch the new TSRTS but I notice the new version is only two minutes longer yet it has 3 new tracks...something sounds fishy here :blink:

The new tracks are not inserted into the movie. They are additional content.

Thats because its his film to fiddle with (several thousand times!)

The SOng Remains The Same belongs to warner....right?

It would have been quite easy for Page to buy TSRTS I would imagine, and probably not too expensive. It's not like its never before seen video footage held by a hoarder after all.

As it stands, if they wanted to make a kind of "director's edition" of the film, I imagine it wouldn't have been that hard for the band to get permission from Warners to do it. It's may be possible that there's some kind of legal wrangling that might require either Peter Clifton or Joe Massot's involvement to do something like that. I've no idea if they're even still alive, much less be willing or inclined to work on TSRTS again. Or maybe they just didn't want to do anything like that and just make everything else bonus footage, thinking it might be too much trouble to make a director's edition of sorts, maybe? I dunno. *shrugs*

Theres only one edit which didnt make me happy, which was the Stairway intro with the chorusy guitar, anyone notice/dislike that too? :huh:

I can't believe it, all these edits , I can't wait to hear this stuff. such a rebirth of Zeppelin after all these years. Jimi said the jienie is out of the bottle and that they have written new songs. off topic.

...but any way the new sight is a totally different vibe. I love reading about the edits and then listening to the tracks its just a geeky eq thing.

on the one hand they say it can't be changed and on the other hand people are talkin so far about 3-4 minor little beats ans stuff. Did they change the riff in wll? intro.

very interesting developments on all ZEP fronts

more later as I buy those suckers and listen for my own personal garden tape perspective

I'll be reading :hippy:

Theres only one edit which didnt make me happy, which was the Stairway intro with the chorusy guitar, anyone notice/dislike that too? :huh:

I noticed the chorus effect, too. I think Page took studio liberties with the sound on that one (as well as the theremin in "Whole Lotta Love"). He was probably trying to cover up the slightly detuned third string in the intro of "Stairway" since the remastered CD now uses the same intro.

I also prefer the cuts of WLL and D&C that were on the original soundtrack. I always wince when I watch the movie during those bad edits, and I especially hate how they chop out most of the funk section in WLL. I think I might burn my own mix from the old and new versions of TSRTS just for that reason.

Archived