Live v. Studio

zosodude13

in your opinions, what song saw the greatest improvement live, compared to the studio cut?

IMO, it was No Quarter, espicailly comparing the studio cut to the original from TSRTS

NOTE: I had a poll, but it didnt appear... so I'll fix it tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

Whole Lotta Love. It sounded really tinny on the studio version, and I really didn't find it that great. But live: WOW. Total perfection. To quote Cameron Crowe: "It's not just a song, it's a siege."

OK for me on a whole it has got to be live becuase everyone including the memebers have a good time and seeing your favourite band live is an amazing experiance, and the music sounds so much better,not to metion the plantations.

Crap i am just writing my english exam all over again. :rolleyes:

The Song Remains The Same.

Studio version is too jangly soft and Plant's too whiney. Live, it was rockin heavy.

I agree. On the Live versions that Jimmy really cranks on the solos and Bonzo and JPJ playing is more tighter.

Apples and oranges really. Or cats and dogs. Slick and licking or snarling and biting.

But if I had to pick one, it would be No Quarter in 1973. Before Jonesy got the piano on the stage.

Jimmy was just...yeah.

Yeah.

Notables:

TSRTS

Sick Again

Bring it on Home

Aw screw it. Live Zep rules! :beer:

IMO, better live:

Communication Breakdown

Immigrant Song

Celebration Day

Rock and Roll

The Song Remains the Same

Dancing Days

Sick Again

IMO, worse live:

Black Dog

The Battle of Evermore (sorry Jonesy)

Misty Mountain Hop

In the Evening

• 8 months later...

I actually like the studoe versoin of WLL more than the life version except for RAH '70, the only life versoin I really like.

But No Quarter was amazing life, like Immigrant Song and Bring It On Home. But anyway Led Zeppelin live hardly can be bad.

I actually like the studoe versoin of WLL more than the life version except for RAH '70, the only life versoin I really like.

But No Quarter was amazing life, like Immigrant Song and Bring It On Home. But anyway Led Zeppelin live hardly can be bad.

No Quarter is one of my favorite songs to hear live (much better than studio IMO). One of Page's most beautiful solos, not to mention JPJ's keyboards etc.

• 4 years later...

Archived