Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

I'm one of those LZ fans, as well as a Robert Plant's fan, who has always said Robert should go on doing what he pleases. I still think so. I don't want him to go back and reunite LZ, or whatever, just because I think he owes the fans anything. I truly believe he should go on singing and doing whatever he wants to, whatever makes him happy. But I am not a fan of Raising Sand, and though I like 4 of the songs of this album, I never play it. I don't even remember it exists, unless Please Read The Letter is playing on the radio (btw, this song has had much more airing here in São Paulo than any of the songs from Mighty Rearranger). I just can't get into the album, I don't like the songs that have a more country feeling, simply because I don't like country, I never had (maybe when I'm almost 60, like Robert is now, I'll get to enjoy it, just as it happened to him, but I really don't think it will happen). But I am a huge fan of other former Robert's solo CDs, and I'd like to see him doing some of the stuff he has done before, or even going into new directions, I'd like to hear what he can still bring us. But no matter how I try, I don't like country, bluegrass or whatever it's called. And I feel I have the right to say that. I don't like everything Robert has done so far ( I can't stand Shake 'n' Stirred), but if he releases something I feel that speaks to me, I'd make an effort to see him in concert, no matter how far away (just as I did as I went to Berlin to see him playing with Strange Sensation). But I never felt the urge to see any of the concerts of the Raising Sand tour. I would only care to think of it if they played here in Brazil, most specifically in São Paulo, or Rio, I very doubt I'd fly further than Rio to see him with Alison. It's a shame, but it's true. So, at the moment I just feel sad because if that's what he wants to do, it's alright with me...but just to a point. My selfish side says it's a pity really, because I won't see him live while he is doing country/bluegrass, I just won't. And that is so sad (from my point of view, of course)

I'm one of those LZ fans, as well as a Robert Plant's fan, who has always said Robert should go on doing what he pleases. I still think so. I don't want him to go back and reunite LZ, or whatever, just because I think he owes the fans anything. I truly believe he should go on singing and doing whatever he wants to, whatever makes him happy. But I am not a fan of Raising Sand, and though I like 4 of the songs of this album, I never play it. I don't even remember it exists, unless Please Read The Letter is playing on the radio (btw, this song has had much more airing here in São Paulo than any of the songs from Mighty Rearranger). I just can't get into the album, I don't like the songs that have a more country feeling, simply because I don't like country, I never had (maybe when I'm almost 60, like Robert is now, I'll get to enjoy it, just as it happened to him, but I really don't think it will happen). But I am a huge fan of other former Robert's solo CDs, and I'd like to see him doing some of the stuff he has done before, or even going into new directions, I'd like to hear what he can still bring us. But no matter how I try, I don't like country, bluegrass or whatever it's called. And I feel I have the right to say that. I don't like everything Robert has done so far ( I can't stand Shake 'n' Stirred), but if he releases something I feel that speaks to me, I'd make an effort to see him in concert, no matter how far away (just as I did as I went to Berlin to see him playing with Strange Sensation). But I never felt the urge to see any of the concerts of the Raising Sand tour. I would only care to think of it if they played here in Brazil, most specifically in São Paulo, or Rio, I very doubt I'd fly further than Rio to see him with Alison. It's a shame, but it's true. So, at the moment I just feel sad because if that's what he wants to do, it's alright with me...but just to a point. My selfish side says it's a pity really, because I won't see him live while he is doing country/bluegrass, I just won't. And that is so sad (from my point of view, of course)

Despite how anyone may feel about the Plant/Krauss union, how can anyone deny that it was a brilliant move by Plant to align himself with her. She's probably had to build a new addition on to her mansion just to display all her grammy's, plus she is an amazing vocalist and talent, along with everybody she ever works with.

One of the coolest aspect's of their collaboration is that Allison Krauss gets exposed to the Zeppelin world and Zeppelin gets exposed to the Allison Krauss world, it really is a win win situation for both of them.

And so what if Plants voice doesn't suit bluegrass, at least he's got the balls to throw the dice, along with the voice to make it successful, which believe it or not, is always the bottom line.

By the way, I totally agree with Stringbenders take on this subject.

Why attempt to turn back the clock when you have a future of your own ahead of you?

Yes, Plant is a total pain in the ass, but I can't help but respect him and 'his' path.

:unsure:

Not sure why you quotted my post, Snapper

edited to add: I still don't get why you quotted my post. I don't like country/bluegrass and even if some people think their colaboration is fantastic, I don't feel the same. I still have the right to like or dislike something right? I can't change things, but I don't feel the need to say that their colaboration has opened the world of bluegrass to me. It simply hasn't and I didn't feel the urge to listen to any of Kraus's CDs so far.

And though I don't like Raising Sand I think Robert's voice is fantastic.... simply because it is.

Personally I support everything that Robert wants to do. Who are we to say what Robert should and shouldn't do? The most important thing is that Robert is still out doing something he now loves and thats being in a bluegrass band. Hes has always had roots in acoustical music, it shows on Going To California, The Battle of Evermore, LZ 3, ect. Im happy for Robert that he has found somehting he likes to do. Maybe instead of wishing for a full Led Zeppelin reunion, maybe the rest of the guys will meet Robert half way and form a bluegrass/folk band. Imagine Robert and Allison singing with Allison on violin, Jimmy on acoustic guitar/banjo (He has played banjo in the past), JPJ playing mandolin, and of coarse Jason on drums. Now that would be as awesome or even better than an Led Zeppelin reunion. I LOVE!!! the original Zep stuff, but think about the new stuff that would come out of this.

:unsure:

Not sure why you quotted my post, Snapper

edited to add: I still don't get why you quotted my post. I don't like country/bluegrass and even if some people think their colaboration is fantastic, I don't feel the same. I still have the right to like or dislike something right? I can't change things, but I don't feel the need to say that their colaboration has opened the world of bluegrass to me. It simply hasn't and I didn't feel the urge to listen to any of Kraus's CDs so far.

And though I don't like Raising Sand I think Robert's voice is fantastic.... simply because it is.

"I still have the right to like or dislike something right? I can't change things, but I don't feel the need to say that their colaboration has opened the world of bluegrass to me. It simply hasn't and I didn't feel the urge to listen to any of Kraus's CDs so far."

Have I denied your right to dislike anything? I don't think so. I was just making a point from Plants selfish point of view as opposed to your selfish point of view. Sure, he may alienate some people with this project, but at the same time, I'll bet he's being "exposed" to a new demographic of listeners as well as Allison Krauss is , thats all.

"I still have the right to like or dislike something right? I can't change things, but I don't feel the need to say that their colaboration has opened the world of bluegrass to me. It simply hasn't and I didn't feel the urge to listen to any of Kraus's CDs so far."

Have I denied your right to dislike anything? I don't think so. I was just making a point from Plants selfish point of view as opposed to your selfish point of view. Sure, he may alienate some people with this project, but at the same time, I'll bet he's being "exposed" to a new demographic of listeners as well as Allison Krauss is , thats all.

:huh:

Where did I say Plant is selfish?? I said that I am selfish, because I don't like what he is doing and I'd appreciate if he'd do something else (maybe he'd go in a way that'd speak to me, just as he did many times before). But I'm one of those who has always said he shloud follow his heart. And if that's where he wants to be, what can I do, right? I'll go on buying ALL his solo albuns as I have till now, but that doesn't imply I like all the things he does. I think you're right though, I'm pretty sure some people that never cared for bluegrass/country will listen to Alison's work after their colaboration, I just don't feel like doing it though. And Plant has already opened a lot of paths for me, his love for North African music has made me discover things that I love now. Morocco inclusive. B)

I just dont get what is up with Plant he says He is not keen on a tour or future shows with Led Zeppelin because he is afraid that he be able to make anymore magic and here he says he doesnt like to do things that arent risky personaly I think he's and idiot if he honestly thinks this, if they could do one good show they obviously could do more good ones mainly because there is no such thing as a bad Led Zeppelinshow and I pray to god that he doesnt make another album with Krauss even if doesnt do anything with Zeppelin he could go back to making GOOD music with The Strange Sensations I thought Raising Sand (except Gone, Gone, Gone) was Plant's worst album it doesn't make sense he would do a country album over more Zeppelin I HATE Raising Sand Robert's biggest mistake because of him zeppelin will never rise again, he killed Zeppelin as it was returning from the grave dont make another trash album make one that wont suck go back to the best thing to happen to music Led Zeppelin.

I just dont get what is up with Plant he says He is not keen on a tour or future shows with Led Zeppelin because he is afraid that he be able to make anymore magic and here he says he doesnt like to do things that arent risky personaly I think he's and idiot if he honestly thinks this, if they could do one good show they obviously could do more good ones mainly because there is no such thing as a bad Led Zeppelinshow and I pray to god that he doesnt make another album with Krauss even if doesnt do anything with Zeppelin he could go back to making GOOD music with The Strange Sensations I thought Raising Sand (except Gone, Gone, Gone) was Plant's worst album it doesn't make sense he would do a country album over more Zeppelin I HATE Raising Sand Robert's biggest mistake because of him zeppelin will never rise again, he killed Zeppelin as it was returning from the grave dont make another trash album make one that wont suck go back to the best thing to happen to music Led Zeppelin.

You forgot one thing......This little guy :rant:

I just dont get what is up with Plant he says He is not keen on a tour or future shows with Led Zeppelin because he is afraid that he be able to make anymore magic and here he says he doesnt like to do things that arent risky personaly I think he's and idiot if he honestly thinks this, if they could do one good show they obviously could do more good ones mainly because there is no such thing as a bad Led Zeppelinshow and I pray to god that he doesnt make another album with Krauss

Maybe he could do one with

instead.

Maybe if you used some punctuation your post would become more interesting the way it is it is hard to read and it doesnt add much to what others have already said but so doesnt my previous posts either and how can Plant be an idiot and it is crap when you say he killed Led Zeppelin have you ever heard that Bonzo passed away and and and

Really, why do I care to answer to something so stupid? <_<

Maybe if you used some punctuation your post would become more interesting the way it is it is hard to read and it doesnt add much to what others have already said but so doesnt my previous posts either and how can Plant be an idiot and it is crap when you say he killed Led Zeppelin have you ever heard that Bonzo passed away and and and

Really, why do I care to answer to something so stupid? <_<

Because Led Zeppelin WAS BACK but now it's gone forever because HE will not continue with it.

Now wonder why that is? Could it because Plant is nearing 60 and the days of prancing around onstage yelping to squeeze his lemon are over?

For example, I'm knocking on 40 myself, and the stuff I did even when I was 20 doesn't appeal to me at all right now. Why? Older and more mature and my tastes, desires, expectations have all drastically changed in the last 20 years, and I imagine if I live to be 60, my views on life will be even more different than what it is now at 40. I can't imagine being 60 and have to constantly listen to everyone hound me about going back in time as if to relive a time 40 years ago!

What about Roger Daltrey? What about Mick Jagger? While their newer records certainly haven't been nearly as good as their classics, they are still incredible live performers, with their original bands. I saw both The Who and The Rolling Stones in 2006, and they both put on excellent shows. The Who even played a significant amount of new material, which was very well received and an good addition to the show.

I am a fan of Led Zeppelin. I am a fan of Robert Plant because he was (is?) their lead singer, and one of the greatest ever. I'm not a fan of his latest solo work because it isn't really my kind of music, and frankly, it's getting in the way of my chance to see my favourite band live. December 10th proved that Led Zeppelin can still put on an incredible show, and they could definitely do it again.

Wow! Pretty sure I know the lake he stopped at. Really is a beautiful sight but never stopped myself.

As much as I would like to see Zeppelin get together again I'd have to respect any decision he makes. I think he's the consumate musician and sets a perfect example for other current and upcoming artists. Good for your Robert. Money isn't everything. B)

Everyone's different.

I haven't enjoyed Plant's solo efforts since his second album. I just don't like his stuff much-though I do enjoy it somewhat....I think he's done a lot of embarrassing singing and even whining at times-some good stuff obviously as well...I love Raising Sand though and I love roots music be it blues, country or folk....

I don't get people who see Zeppelin as belonging only to the Pantheon of hard rock and rock stars.

I think objectively that the rockabilly nature of a lot of the new album suits him perfectly and can see why he enjoys his new exposure to these other forms of folk music.....

...slightly pissed that he is not more interested in getting together with his former bandmates though I see him as keeping the door open and will likely do something at some point the only question being how much or often....

Dear Mr. Plant,

Since the age of 13, almost some 28 years ago when I discovered Led Zeppelin, I have been mesmerized by Led Zeppelin’s music and have embraced your solo career and paid homage to you by supporting all your tours and buying all your cds. I have religiously followed you, your solo career highs and lows. But, your latest CD really doesn’t cut it for me. And now you want to do another collaboration with Ms. Krauss?

Thanks for the ride. All the best. I will be getting off here.

I want youuuuuuu, I want you so baaaaa ahhh ad, its driving me mad!!! its driving me mad-

I know I skipped a line there.

JUST GETTIN IT OUT FOLKS!

I've looked at the tickets to their tour but thought, "what if zep does go on tour say in sept" then I will have spent my money to see him and krausse. Gonna need all my money for the Zep show if it ever comes to be. And honestly if I did go to see the plant/krausse collaboration, I'd only be going to see Robert. (Lead singer of Led Zeppelin) And like brspled and others, I only like a couple of the songs. Zeppelin, I love every single song, every single one moves me. Maybe some more than others. And I'm a great fan of all their solo careers as well but I wanna see ZEPPELIN-SHOOT ME yeahhh yeahhh it won't be the same blahhhh bllahhhhhh blahhhhhh. It will be them and jason, "and thats close enough to perfect for me" thats a country song quote there.

Soooooo I will keep hopin he will want to do somethin with Zep and there will be a great reason to do it!!! I want my t-shirt dag nabbit.....lol

If it's true I seriously hope Jimmy and Jonesy don't waste the next few months doing nothing. Even if Plant is not around, just listening to a new Page album or project would be a treat, with any new singer.

There are some really strange posts on this thread.. Who are anyone to tell what they think Robert should do, and why the hell should he care if not every Zep fan like what he does with Alison.

Someone also implied that those of us that likes Raising Sand was following the crowd. What the fuck does that mean? I've been listening to country long before any kind of colaboration between Alison and Robert. Actually, not all of the record is plain bluegrass or country, one can easily hear the influence of the roots music Robert has done on his previous solo albums and even with Zeppelin. I really don't give a shit what Robert does as long as he does whatever he likes to do, that's what I'd do myself. :D

A Zep reunion would be cool, but I guess I would appreciate another Plant/Krauss with original material better, because I don't think a Zep reunion would live up to it's expectations. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Give them some time.... Everything runs in circles. All lead singers of popular bands go away for a while and return back a few years later to reunite. Some take 2,3,5 years (some take more time). It happens because they get tired of each other, playing the same songs for years, personalities, etc... and need to be recharged by something else (whether it's other styles of music, time away/apart to rest, art/painting, etc...)

Let Plant do his thing. The other guys (Page, JPJ and Bonham) are doing their thing recording and their own projects right now. We'll see what/when they reconvene in their time. Perhaps, this time with Plant away on tour with Alison is motivating the others to write/record new styles music that will be "fresh" and inspire him (Plant) to take a listen and/or do some more "one-offs" at some later time. Maybe they are all working on new music (3Js recording tracks and Plant writing new lyrics) in separate locations. One never knows...

R B)

"Robert Plant (rock singer)", "Led Zeppelin (rock band)", AKA the guys who did Stairway. :rolleyes: . I don't see how anyone can categorize them in such simple terms. If the band as a whole or individuals just concentrated on one style of music they'd be just like every other band out there today looking for the next big thing. Open your minds....

"Not everyone liked every song that Led Zeppelin wrote. Thats what the Bee Gees were for." -Wayne;)

"Not everyone liked every song that Led Zeppelin wrote. Thats what the Bee Gees were for." -Wayne;)

"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees." - Wayne

Sorry, gotta correct a Wayne's World misquote. Having seen it probably fifty times, it's sorta my duty. :D

"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees." - Wayne

Sorry, gotta correct a Wayne's World misquote. Having seen it probably fifty times, it's sorta my duty. :D

LOL. Yeah, I knew it wasn't quite right. Was on yesterday. Hadn't seen it since...back then. Also, got to relive the "No Stairway" scene. Denied?! LMAO.

Archived