Help with Led Zeppelin Trivia!

Gainsbarre

Do you know why Robert and Ian Anderson butted heads?

I know Jimmy was present in the studio when Martin Barre recorded the solo for Aqualung, so there was at some point a degree of friendliness between them. But I think what might have contributed to any possible animosity was the fact that Jimmy referred to them as Jethro Dull in an interview.

And to think Tull won the Grammy for Best Heavy Metal over Metallica's "black" album in the 90s! :hysterical:

I know Jimmy was present in the studio when Martin Barre recorded the solo for Aqualung, so there was at some point a degree of friendliness between them. But I think what might have contributed to any possible animosity was the fact that Jimmy referred to them as Jethro Dull in an interview.

And to think Tull won the Grammy for Best Heavy Metal over Metallica's "black" album in the 90s! :hysterical:

Bore 'em at the forum :D

Actually, Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull were recording in a studio together and Ian said to Jimmy, "with my lirics and your guitar playing we could make a nice little rock and roll band together" not realizing that Robert wrote most of Zepp's lyrics. If you get the 25 year anniversary of Aqualung there is an interview with Ian at the end of the CD where he tells the story.

Actually, Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull were recording in a studio together and Ian said to Jimmy, "with my lirics and your guitar playing we could make a nice little rock and roll band together" not realizing that Robert wrote most of Zepp's lyrics. If you get the 25 year anniversary of Aqualung there is an interview with Ian at the end of the CD where he tells the story.

Ha, I think by the sounds of it, he did know Robert wrote the lyrics...

Great topic Gainsbarre - starts to make it feel like a real Zeppelin forum again :)

Q. What was the last ever song that the four 'original' members of Led Zeppelin played in front of a live audience and where and when?

Great topic Gainsbarre - starts to make it feel like a real Zeppelin forum again :)

Q. What was the last ever song that the four 'original' members of Led Zeppelin played in front of a live audience and where and when?

Okay :) welll...

It would've been on the Europe '80 tour...hmm, which city...it's either Germany or Switzerland...I can't remember, my brain seems to be hovering around either Munich or Zurich... I think it was Munich...1980...and what was their final encore number back then? hmmm Song Remains The Same I thought was a opener, Whole Lotta Love? I thought they closed Knobworth with Whole Lotta Love so it could've been that one...Stairway? I think was featured in the '80 tour but I don't know if it was ever used as an encore...

Okay, my answer is July 1980, Munich, the song: A Whole Lotta Love...

What year did the Swan Song label begin and name the Zeppelin albums, and when they were released, that were produced on that label.

Swansong began in 1974...

Physical Grafitti was the first album released on Swan Song, February 1975

Presence March 1976

The Song Remains The Same September 1976

In Through The Out Door August 1979

Coda November 1982

OK. :thumbsup:

John Bonham, Peter Grant, Richard Cole and 'another' were charged with assault after a concert at the Oakland Coliseum in July 1977. Who was that other person and what was the incident about?

I don't think he was an accountant. I'd always thought that he repaired roads for a living, might want to check up on that one.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the Einstein Factor :D

Maybe you should learn about their tours, particularly the '72 tour, seeing as it's an Australian show. I used to a really good site run by a fan but I can't find it anymore :(

He studied accountancy but whether he practiced it is another matter.

That site closed down some time ago.

OK. :thumbsup:

John Bonham, Peter Grant, Richard Cole and 'another' were charged with assault after a concert at the Oakland Coliseum in July 1977. Who was that other person and what was the incident about?

John Bindon?

It was to do with the Bill Graham brouhaha...something about one of Graham's crew seeing Peter Grant's son taking a sign down on a door or something? And the guy told the kid off, so Grant, Bonzo, Cole and Bindon went to teach this guy a lesson,

The last show was Berlin July 7th, and the last song of the show was WLL.

DAMN!!!

I mean if there has to be a good bye in Rock'n'Roll, then it should be like this! :chickeddance:

What was the name of Jimmy's bookstore in London?

Archived