What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Deep Purple in August in New Jersey. 10 minutes from My Mom and one of my brothers. Should be a great show. I haven't seen them live in almost 40 years!

Where in NJ, ........Garden State Arts Center ? (Or whomever rented the naming rights these days )

• 2 weeks later...

Where in NJ, ........Garden State Arts Center ? (Or whomever rented the naming rights these days )

Bergen PAC (Performing Arts Center)-in Englewood, NJ. Small place, I think it seats around 3,000. I've seen a few shows there and my brother has seen a bunch. Alice Cooper, Johnny Winter, Savoy Brown, Edgar Winter, George Thorogood, Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, Lynyrd Skynrd, ZZ Top.

April 25-27: Santana, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, New Orleans - likely the closest I will ever get to LZ live

June 9: Jesus Christ Superstar - (sort of a concert!), New Orleans - wore out the vinyl when I was young

July 5: Get the Led Out, Hard Rock Live, Biloxi MS - from what I've seen on you tube, they sound really good

These "replica' bands are keeping the music alive and that's all that counts to me and many others. Are they the same without the original members? No, of course not. But many of them are still very good. And in certain instances, the original band members approved of the replacement players and gave their blessing for the band to keep the music alive and continue on.

I understand your point, just don't agree with it. But that's just me. I will not deprive myself of hearing great live tunes. Me, my friends, and my brothers all continue to enjoy the live shows these bands put on. Whether it's the actual band name or a tribute band.

Why can't rock bands have interchangeable members? It still works, just like in sports.

I agree tomloge. If the buyer knows what he/she is buying a ticket for and enjoys it, why not?

April 25-27: Santana, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, New Orleans - likely the closest I will ever get to LZ live

June 9: Jesus Christ Superstar - (sort of a concert!), New Orleans - wore out the vinyl when I was young

July 5: Get the Led Out, Hard Rock Live, Biloxi MS - from what I've seen on you tube, they sound really good

I got the idea to attend the New Orleans festival too late - the only available hotels within a reasonable distance were very pricey. Maybe you will post a review after the show?

Re: Get the Led Out. I have seen them twice and loved them. Excellent musicians. They don't try to look like Zeppelin, no one can "copy" Robert's voice, but the singer has a great one. I wouldn't hesitate to see them a third time.

I agree tomloge. If the buyer knows what he/she is buying a ticket for and enjoys it, why not?

I got the idea to attend the New Orleans festival too late - the only available hotels within a reasonable distance were very pricey. Maybe you will post a review after the show?

Re: Get the Led Out. I have seen them twice and loved them. Excellent musicians. They don't try to look like Zeppelin, no one can "copy" Robert's voice, but the singer has a great one. I wouldn't hesitate to see them a third time.

Thanks, jb126...Great to hear a positive review of GTLO! Now I am really looking forward to seeing them!! Happy to hear that they don't try to look like LZ, I'd much prefer that they capture the heart and soul of the music!

I am also excited about jazzfest, it will truly be an honor and privilege to see the legendary Robert Plant live, and to (hopefully) hear many LZ songs in the setlist! Will def post a review.

• 2 weeks later...

Manic Street Preachers in Oslo on Friday the 9th, I have to thank Knebby from this forum for making me listen to and discover this fantastic band years ago. It's a dream come true seeing them.

Manic Street Preachers in Oslo on Friday the 9th, I have to thank Knebby from this forum for making me listen to and discover this fantastic band years ago. It's a dream come true seeing them.

They're still about? Haven't really kept up with them in the last 10 years or so. Hope you enjoy the show. Plus, they're part of one of the strangest stories in rock n roll history: Richey Edwards.

http://www.richeyedwards.net/

Tonight's (May 10) gig: Brian Jonestown Massacre @ The Wiltern...with The Three O'Clock and The Primary Colours.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

TERRY REID is making a rare stateside appearance at the Turning Point in Piermont, New York on Friday, June 6th. Oh, man. I've wanted to see him for the longest time-how did I drop the ball and stop checking his site? I would have flown to NY for this! What a bummer. Don't think I could change everyone's sched at work so I could be there. Someone in NY please GO and tell us how it was-there were still tics available online. (check out Terry Reid Dean- Live on youtube- it's priceless) Terry is in the US and there's only one gig listed on his site? Sad.

Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger- Sean Lennon--Just saw him- he was GREAT! Tight band, had some great grooves live. He was witty and charismatic, very cool.

Festivals coming up-yay- and later in June seeing Zoso looking forward to it!

Sheesh...it's been nearly three weeks since my last concert, and after reading Tangerina's post above, I'm really bummed I had to miss Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger. But I've got three good shows lined up this week, starting tonight.

June 10: Jack White @ Henry Fonda Theatre.Jack White has a new album coming out and he is performing three shows in LA on consecutive days...tonight at the Fonda, Wednesday at the Mayan, and Thursday at Fox Pomona. Since I don't want to go to Pomona and Wednesday is Game 4 of the Stanley Cup, tonight is the night.

June 13: Pelican @ El Rey Theatre.

June 14: The Both (Aimee Mann & Ted Leo) @ El Rey Theatre.