What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

. """Since I don't want to go to Pomona and Wednesday is Game 4 of the Stanley Cup, tonight is the night."""

Congrats Strider > You guys (Kings) deserve it hands down. (shakes hands) Passing up Jack White for hockey i'm impressed :)

by a longtime Ranger supporter

Sheesh...it's been nearly three weeks since my last concert, and after reading Tangerina's post above, I'm really bummed I had to miss Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger. But I've got three good shows lined up this week, starting tonight.

June 10: Jack White @ Henry Fonda Theatre.Jack White has a new album coming out and he is performing three shows in LA on consecutive days...tonight at the Fonda, Wednesday at the Mayan, and Thursday at Fox Pomona. Since I don't want to go to Pomona and Wednesday is Game 4 of the Stanley Cup, tonight is the night.

June 13: Pelican @ El Rey Theatre.

June 14: The Both (Aimee Mann & Ted Leo) @ El Rey Theatre.

That concert tonight is streaming live on NPR Music. Hope you have fun!! I'll look for you in the crowd :)

Saturday, we're going to see Willie Nelson, Alison Krauss & Union Station, and Kacey Musgraves at Merriweather Post. Looking forward to it!!

Edited by ebk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this band -- I had mixed feelings

I did some YouTube research and I also have mixed feelings. However, it's a night out with Carol. She likes to say my middle name is "Game"... if she can't find someone to do something with her, she says "I'll call E - she's game!" :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw Itzhak Perlman tonight at Roy Thomson Hall (with Rohan De Silva on piano). A breathtaking performance! It's astonishing how good a musician he is, and how good they were together tonight. So technically proficient, but the way he plays gets to the deepest parts of you, I don't know how else to explain it.

Grown men, wiping tears. I was ok until the encore. Rachmaninoff. Gets me every time.

I was impressed as well with the pace of the concert, and how they used the silent moments just so to ready themselves to play the next piece and the audience to receive it.

This was probably the most diverse audience in terms of ethnicity and age that I've seen at a Perlman concert. Much of the audience was older, but this time there were also many younger people who looked to be in their 20s, many teens, and kids(!) which was most heartening to see.

There's something transmutable about Itzhak Perlman's playing. Whatever you come to the concert with just gets melted and shaped into joy that ripples about well after the final note. It's the most curious experience...

Drop everything and don't walk - RUN - to the show if he's ever playing near you.

My next gig will be the young bluesrockers of TheWolff. They may still be young, but they are very talented and their live performances really create a certain energy.....

(Much like Led Zep did in their very early days, like 1969 or 1970.... ). I will see them play "De Melkweg", in Amsterdam on december 27th.

Shoud be fun!

Maaike

Tonight: Aimee Mann Christmas Show @ Largo w/special guests.

It's been quite a concert year, especially the past few months and it possibly all comes to an end tonight with Aimee Mann's Annual Christmas Show. There may be another concert before the end of the year that strikes my fancy, but I've seen nothing so far.

• 1 month later...

Hope he brings Geoff along! ;) Bon appétit et bon chance!!!

"Geoff" opened the show. And even the fake horse was there! A fantastic evening...even better than the last 2 times we saw him. He's a funny guy.