What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

On 3/10/2016 at 6:37 AM, Walter said:

David Gilmour at Hollywood Bowl sounds like an amazing night!  Didn't know you were still such a big Springsteen fan, Strider, 3 nights - wow!

Much like Jimmy Page at the Whiskey in 1969, I have had to curtail my Springsteen shows from three to one due to illness.

37 minutes ago, Strider said:

Much like Jimmy Page at the Whiskey in 1969, I have had to curtail my Springsteen shows from three to one due to illness.

Sorry to hear that!  Hope you feel better soon, Strider!  Tony Stewart was at last night's Boss show.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Hope you are on the mend, Strider! :wave:

Excited about going to the New Orleans Jazz Fest in April featuring many artists including Stevie Wonder, Buddy Guy and Neil Young.

May brings Bad Company and Joe Walsh on their "One Hell of a Night" tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to see Yonatan Gat this Friday night at the Happy Dog in Lakewood. Should be interesting, check out the dude's live shows, worth seeing him live. 

I'm also finally seeing the Eagles of Death Metal on Saturday, May 28 in Columbus. I missed them last time around when they played in East Cleveland at the grog shop in September, so I'm glad I can catch them this time around. I'm going with my girlfriend and it'll be a fun drive down there to watch the band and explore the city a little bit  :D

2 hours ago, Strider said:

My Friday plans have changed several times over but finally it seems set...

Tonight: moe (the band from Buffalo) @ The Fonda Theatre.

I like them a lot; have fun! And cool to Type O above; I'm not familiar with the artist but what a totally cool moment!

I'm going to see DMB next month! :)

6 minutes ago, Virginia said:

I like them a lot; have fun! And cool to Type O above; I'm not familiar with the artist but what a totally cool moment!

I'm going to see DMB next month! :)

Thank you Virginia! Yes, I have seen moe. before. But the last time was around 10 years ago, so when my friend offered to hook me up I couldn't say no.

Very cool for TypeO, although I am also unfamiliar with Kevin Gates.

Edited by Strider

43 minutes ago, Strider said:

Thank you Virginia! Yes, I have seen moe. before. But the last time was around 10 years ago, so when my friend offered to hook me up I couldn't say no.

I do enjoy jam bands; I have a moe channel on pandora :)

On 4/9/2016 at 8:11 PM, Virginia said:

And cool to Type O above; I'm not familiar with the artist but what a totally cool moment!

On 4/9/2016 at 8:18 PM, Strider said:

Thanks, I had a great time.

He's pretty hard gangsta-type rap, but he seems to have more intelligent lyrics than a lot of others, and the tunes are pretty catchy.
There was a surprisingly large proportion of white people in attendance, although it would be a pretty safe bet I was probably the oldest, for sure, LOL.

Essentially, much like Snoop Dogg on Doggy Style over 20 years ago, he creates really groove-y songs that sound awesome with a nice buzz.
What I find interesting is he's been putting out mixtapes since about 2010, many of which are exceptional, particularly in comparison to actual, signed releases by other artists, yet this album Islah is his first actual album.
His mixtape from last year, Luca Brasi II, is incredibly solid with a LOT of great cuts, and holds its own against any of the top rap albums released last year.

I readily admit to a certain degree of entertainment I derive from the looks I get from young black kids when I drive up banging his tunes. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lcondo123 said:

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is at the Rock Hall tonight, I'll be there with a couple friends to watch the show. There's less than 100 in attendance so it'll be a great intimate show!

I want to see a steel cage death match between King Diamond and King Gizzard.

I have been slipping. Work and memory lapses totally bollocksed up my weekend. I missed not one, not two, but THREE shows!!! Sunn O)))...Explosions in the Sky...and the X/Los Lobos/Blasters triple-bill. :mad: I am falling behind ledded1's pace.

Well, not TONIGHT!

Going to a heavy triple-bill at the Troubadour tonight: The Melvins (with Steve McDonald of Redd Kross and OFF! on bass); Napalm Death; and Slayer's Dave Lombardo's new band Dead Cross.

23 hours ago, Strider said:

I want to see a steel cage death match between King Diamond and King Gizzard.

I would pay some quality money to see that!

The show was KILLER, they played a solid hour and a half show and did a lot from Nonagon Infinity. They sounded excellent and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Got only one good photo with a few vidoes but I highly recommend seeing these guys live!

KING GIZZ.JPG

Edited by lcondo123